Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Football 2022

Muda69

7 minutes ago, DE said:

I’m sure the pope would’ve intervened at some point. Too much money in college football to be had. 😊 

My thought is that if they were motivated enough to have Michigan stop by to teach them the game, then eventually they would have had somebody teach them had the Wolverines refused. 

I said it once and I'll say it again. Most Irish fans that I know have completely forgotten about that game. Notre Dame's football program is focused on winning the national championship. If someone asked Freeman or anyone on his staff what the score of that game was, 50% of them wouldn't even know. 

I agree that Michigan fans think more about that game than Notre Dame fans do. But at the end of the day, both programs can hold their heads high knowing that they are the two winningest programs in college football history. 

37 minutes ago, BTF said:

My thought is that if they were motivated enough to have Michigan stop by to teach them the game, then eventually they would have had somebody teach them had the Wolverines refused. 

I said it once and I'll say it again. Most Irish fans that I know have completely forgotten about that game. Notre Dame's football program is focused on winning the national championship. If someone asked Freeman or anyone on his staff what the score of that game was, 50% of them wouldn't even know. 

I agree that Michigan fans think more about that game than Notre Dame fans do. But at the end of the day, both programs can hold their heads high knowing that they are the two winningest programs in college football history. 

🤷‍♀️

44 minutes ago, BTF said:

In the big scheme of things, that score is meaningless to both programs at this point as they have bigger goals in mind.

However, in this particular event (a discussion where both fan bases are riling one another up) the scoreboard is the checkmate.  It’s good natured ribbing.

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

In the big scheme of things, that score is meaningless to both programs at this point as they have bigger goals in mind.

However, in this particular event (a discussion where both fan bases are riling one another up) the scoreboard is the checkmate.  It’s good natured ribbing.

Lol. I'll give you that. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

25-17-1

Even your cute little stadium is a mini replica of The Big House.

Lol. At least at Notre Dame you can go get concessions without having to wait in line to get back in. 

Five 10-win seasons in a row. Michigan has two during that time period. Not bad, not bad. They're trying. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol. At least at Notre Dame you can go get concessions without having to wait in line to get back in. 

Five 10-win seasons in a row. Michigan has two during that time period. Not bad, not bad. They're trying. 

Cool, now we are comparing concessions.

Michigan also doesn’t have a 4-8 season sprinkled in there and has rivals that are actually on top of their game right now.

USC, Stanford, Navy, FSU and Boston College are cute little rivalries.  

Try playing OSU, MSU, and PSU annually.  

12 hours ago, temptation said:

Cool, now we are comparing concessions.

Well, yeah. Concessions is part of the whole fan experience. Maybe that's why Parkview Field was rated higher than Lucas Oil in a recent study of the top sporting venues in the United States? They typically look at the whole package. 

The last time I was in Michigan Stadium, which I'll admit was in the mid-1990's,  it was a crumbling dump.  And they crammed you in there like sardines to the point that if you didn't sit down when everybody sat down you had lost your seat on the cold, hard, bleachers.

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The last time I was in Michigan Stadium, which I'll admit was in the mid-1990's,  it was a crumbling dump.  And they crammed you in there like sardines to the point that if you didn't sit down when everybody sat down you had lost your seat on the cold, hard, bleachers.

Was that before they installed the retractable roof? 

mich.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Well, yeah. Concessions is part of the whole fan experience. Maybe that's why Parkview Field was rated higher than Lucas Oil in a recent study of the top sporting venues in the United States? They typically look at the whole package. 

This topic went from two fanbases giving one another a hard time about program success on the field, to the origins of the rivalry to concession stand and toilet jokes in a hurry.

I'll get back on topic...

Rudy was offsides...change my mind.

12 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

None. OL may be equal.

Ohio State has a top 2 QB, a top 3 RB, and the best receiver in college football. Blood bath coming.

ND OL vs OSU DL?  

I know I’ll get accused of recency bias but I think OSU is soft in the front 7.  Hell, they just had their spring game and there was zero tackling allowed when the first string offense was in.

Edited by temptation