Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

As we head into conference play this week, I decided to throw out a prediction on how the standings will shape up this year. This will probably be completely wrong but I’ll give it a shot.

1. Seymour

2. Floyd Central 

3. BNL

4. Columbus East 

5. Jennings County 

6. Jeffersonville

7. New Albany

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

As we head into conference play this week, I decided to throw out a prediction on how the standings will shape up this year. This will probably be completely wrong but I’ll give it a shot.

1. Seymour

2. Floyd Central 

3. BNL

4. Columbus East 

5. Jennings County 

6. Jeffersonville

7. New Albany

I can definitely see that. I think FC having home games against Seymour, BNL, and Jennings County is a big advantage. But as always, that trip to East is worrisome.

Honestly, the way this conference is, we could beat Seymour and then go up to Jeffersonville the next week and get beat. That kind of stuff happens all the time around here.

BNL controlled the first 2.5 quarters of Friday night's game.  Martinsville, with their big line and RB, wore down the BNL defense the last quarter and a half.  We were gassed.  They scored the go-ahead with 3 minutes left in the 4th.  We dropped a wide-open pass in the endzone that would've given us the lead with a minute left.  

1 hour ago, LawrenceGreene said:

BNL controlled the first 2.5 quarters of Friday night's game.  Martinsville, with their big line and RB, wore down the BNL defense the last quarter and a half.  We were gassed.  They scored the go-ahead with 3 minutes left in the 4th.  We dropped a wide-open pass in the endzone that would've given us the lead with a minute left.  

I actually watched highlights of that game because I’m always pulling for th HHC teams in non conference. Shrake from Martinsville reminds me a lot of our RB Mitch Bernardi.

This week’s games (week 2):

BNL (0-1) at 5A #9/#10 Bloomington North (1-0)

Brown County (0-1) at Jennings County (1-0)

3A #1 Christian Academy of Louisville (1-0) at New Albany (0-1)

Columbus North (0-1) at Columbus East (0-1)

Seymour (0-1) at Jeffersonville (0-1)

Terre Haute South (0-1) at Floyd Central (0-1)

Notes:

-Bloomington North’s ranking is #9 in the media poll and #10 in the coaches poll.

-Christian Academy of Louisville’s ranking comes from the KHSAA media poll.

41 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Notes:

-Bloomington North’s ranking is #9 in the media poll and #10 in the coaches poll.

Bloomington North. BNL has a good team though.

JC. Panthers by a lot.

CAL. They’ll name their score against NA.

Columbus North. They’ll win the battle of Columbus.

Seymour. The Owls will win big. They have a really good team.

FC. I think my Highlanders will get it done at home. THS is nothing to write home about and Floyd Central had moments of competitiveness against one of the best teams in the Midwest.

5 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

We had Salem in like round one or two last year in the tournament…..big hole to dig out of. 

Yep. Not an easy place to win. I have some family attending the school and athletics can be a struggle there.

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Kentucky isn’t in the Midwest 😉

I agree with that! Ok, let’s call it, the “Northern South.” 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, MuleDriver said:

@ptr    Any idea which o lineman was injured for the Panthers last nite? been a few years since I've been on this site.  Don't follow the Panthers as close . Seems like every year ends in disappointment because of injuries. Last year both rbs were out at castle and as you mentioned DeAndre black was lost early in the season.   

Is there  a conference Indiana topic  thread?  Columbus east  played well early I think the Panthers finally wore them down.  Should be an interesting season I'd south can stay healthy and as always improve each week.  

I haven't seen a Conference Indiana thread.  Start one up and I'll contribute.

20 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Notes:

Bloomington North

Jennings County

Christian Academy

Columbus North

Seymour

Terre Haute South

• Thanks 1

https://www.wbiw.com/2023/08/24/ihsaa-switches-bnl-to-sectional-24-for-upcoming-postseason-tournament-in-class-4a/?fbclid=IwAR0F1cFMSBtk8xOfJsy7aHTKkG5SOFCxY1d7lPYOAfpvA03L5WTLmEK12uk_aem_AePcFicbbSWbiJ0uShZskHsaEQo_T2PHmnUe87-2W6Zl6Z1f1n1q6I052LP0G0_9nYk

Not sure if you guys saw this but it looks like the IHSAA’s late decision to move Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger down to 4A for this postseason is affecting the sectional assignments for several other 4A teams. Connersville will now get bumped to sectional 23 which bumps BNL over to sectional 24 with the Evansville area schools.

• Thanks 1