Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, Bulldog15 said:

@WWFan There was a post on this thread earlier about the coaching moves in and out of Salem the past few years.  Have any idea of what's going on there?  You guys end up with any Salem players after the dust cleared?

Blair Thompson is no longer the Head Coach. He’s an Asst at Floyd Central now. Former Floyd Central, Jeffersonville, Clarksville, Paoli, and some other schools HC Brian Glesing is now the HC.

Where’s my East fans at? You guys have been quiet all summer. What’s East looking like? Is this a bounce back season?

1 hour ago, Bulldog15 said:

@WWFan There was a post on this thread earlier about the coaching moves in and out of Salem the past few years.  Have any idea of what's going on there?  You guys end up with any Salem players after the dust cleared?

I'll know for sure how many once I see a roster Friday. But we do have some yes. I'll be curious what their numbers are. Someone posted in our thread the believe their numbers are down. 

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Where’s my East fans at? You guys have been quiet all summer. What’s East looking like? Is this a bounce back season?

I’ve been here the whole time. As for what East looks like, I don’t know. I don’t have any connections on the inside that would know. Sadly, I’m expecting more of the same though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’ve been here the whole time. As for what East looks like, I don’t know. I don’t have any connections on the inside that would know. Sadly, I’m expecting more of the same though.

Absolutely. You are always here. I appreciate your football candor. Hopefully East will get something figured out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Absolutely. You are always here. I appreciate your football candor. Hopefully East will get something figured out.

Yeah I’m hoping. Wish I had some insight for you. All my connections with East dried up a few years ago. Living in Jennings County, I know a little more about the team here than at East. Then I have a brother-in-law who is an assistant at Fishers. So I actually hear more about them than I do East or Jennings County.

• Like 1

Pretty good quote from coach Bragg in the Tribune today about the HHC.

“I think it’s awesome because every week — week-in and week-out — in the HHC, somebody could win. Everybody’s improved. Everybody has good coaching staffs. We’re younger coaching staffs and sometimes they get overlooked. But every single one of our coaches in our conference makes adjustments at halftime, makes adjustments during the game and keeps you thinking during the week, and that’s huge. I don’t know who’s going to win the conference. Of course we want to win it, but every week we’ve got to show up. You can’t take anybody lightly in this conference because they could always come back to haunt you.”

Good article about New Albany football. Coach Cooley believes a lot of teams improved and that there are five teams who could win the HHC title.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/high-school-football-preview-bulldogs-looking-for-bounce-back/article_f1c23b0a-372a-11ee-986d-c3aac896b39c.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Also, new helmets for New Albany this year.

A912D0B6-1467-4959-B660-F6175A8DB4D8.jpeg

D01BFE96-7C94-4A8B-B8D4-278E686505C8.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Good article about New Albany football. Coach Cooley believes a lot of teams improved and that there are five teams who could win the HHC title.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/high-school-football-preview-bulldogs-looking-for-bounce-back/article_f1c23b0a-372a-11ee-986d-c3aac896b39c.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Also, new helmets for New Albany this year.

A912D0B6-1467-4959-B660-F6175A8DB4D8.jpeg

D01BFE96-7C94-4A8B-B8D4-278E686505C8.jpeg

He said on the radio that he thinks there are 5 teams in the conference that are loaded. I’m not sure what his definition of that is? He also said he has the best freshman class that he’s had in years, and I’ll point out that they lost the Clark/Floyd Championship last year to Highland Hills(Floyd Central Feeder.)

53 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Anybody know how last night’s scrimmage went for their team?

I watched Floyd Central vs Charlestown. It’s always so hard to tell from these scrimmages because nobody really gameplans for each other. But if I were just throwing something at the wall, I’d say that our offense looked substantially better than it has been the past few seasons and defensively we have some things to work out with run defense. We have 4 starters back on the OL and it showed. They pretty much mowed down Charlestown and Robertson had all day to throw the ball. He threw some beautiful passes. Everything was right on the money. His go to guy Kaiser is 6”4 and has a lot of speed. He’s one of our basketball studs. They missed Bernardi last season but he looked like a machine running the ball against a 3A team. I thought we did well and had a lot of guys sitting out because of practice eligibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Brooklyn Pizza?

I had a freebie at Dominoes. FWIW, if you’re in town I HIGHLY recommend Brooklyn Pizza and Brewery. Beer is brewed in-house. Shawn Malone is the owner, great community support, free concerts, this is the kind of local business you want to support. Tell them BFP sent, I’m sure I’ll equate a huge discount lol. Great place for a pregame meal and a couple of beers before the game. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I believe they have home brewed root beer as well. 

I gave up pop five years ago. I drink mostly water now with a cup of milk each day. Then, in the fall, I add apple cider to the mix. And when I treat myself once a year, I get me a bottle of TruMoo whole chocolate milk. Used to down those like shots of liquor back in my teens and 20s. Unfortunately, I got older and my body decided to turn against me like Randy Savage did to Hulk Hogan back in 1989. Therefore, once a year now is the best I can do.

• Like 1

BNL moved the ball well and found the endzone a lot.  Mitchell didn't find the endzone until halfway through the 3rd rotation (option B) against reserves.  BNL subbed JV kids last 5 plays on the 15-play first rotation, last 5 plays of the 10-play 2nd rotation, and last 6 plays of the 12-play 3rd rotation. 

Takeaways: We made lots of mistakes, and still performed how we were supposed to.  I believe we came out injury free. Mitchell had a huge gate.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:40 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

I had a freebie at Dominoes. FWIW, if you’re in town I HIGHLY recommend Brooklyn Pizza and Brewery. Beer is brewed in-house. Shawn Malone is the owner, great community support, free concerts, this is the kind of local business you want to support. Tell them BFP sent, I’m sure I’ll equate a huge discount lol. Great place for a pregame meal and a couple of beers before the game. 

I know where I'll be Sept. 15th.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LawrenceGreene said:

BNL moved the ball well and found the endzone a lot.  Mitchell didn't find the endzone until halfway through the 3rd rotation (option B) against reserves.  BNL subbed JV kids last 5 plays on the 15-play first rotation, last 5 plays of the 10-play 2nd rotation, and last 6 plays of the 12-play 3rd rotation. 

Takeaways: We made lots of mistakes, and still performed how we were supposed to.  I believe we came out injury free. Mitchell had a huge gate.

Do you think Loudon will throw the ball more or will they run more of an Spread option attack?