Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

It’s James Bragg. But overall records don’t mean much to me. I think Tyson Moore at Seymour is very good. But one thing I’ve noticed is, that none of these programs have hired their current HC from outside the school.

What does this mean? 

Idk, but Tyson isn't from Seymour. I don't think BNLs coach is from Bedford. 

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

What does this mean? 

Idk, but Tyson isn't from Seymour. I don't think BNLs coach is from Bedford. 

Bragg, Cooley, Barker, Vogel, and Parker were for sure guys who were elevated. I thought Moore was a guy who was elevated when their previous coach left. So, that’s on me for bad information.

Just now, Fkfootball said:

Bragg, Cooley, Barker, Vogel, and Parker were for sure guys who were elevated. I thought Moore was a guy who was elevated when their previous coach left. So, that’s on me for bad information.

I thought you were saying "from that town originally".. yes I think Tyson was the OL coach before he took over. My bad. 

Barker wasn't a BNL asst coach, though, was he? At the time of his hire. I thought he was in Bloomington. 

11 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Along the lines of your perception is everything comment, is FC or Seymour, at the the time either have hired a HC in the last 20 years been that good of a job? Neither school had really challenged East for the conference,  both schools smallish schools in a big pond, particularly when there were just five classes. Granted, perceptions and things have changed a little since Moore and Bragg were hired. 
Some other random thoughts:

I don’t believe jobs attract the applicants they used to. When a position opens up, at least in the AD’s I talk to, it’s mainly a bunch of young assistants you’ve never heard of. 

Why not hire within? Why not take a chance on a guy who’s been busting his ass for you already?

I will give Moore some props, outsider looking in, being a young coach, he brought some guys out of retirement who really seem to be reenergized. I think that’s awesome, these guys still have a lot to offer, particularly a young coach learning how to be a HC. 

You’re not wrong. And there’s nothing saying that coach Moore or coach Bragg won’t be successful. I think this season will tell a lot.

23 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I thought you were saying "from that town originally".. yes I think Tyson was the OL coach before he took over. My bad. 

Barker wasn't a BNL asst coach, though, was he? At the time of his hire. I thought he was in Bloomington. 

I mean, hired from within the program. Coach Bragg is from Illinois but he’s been around here for quite a while and was with coach Glesing. Same with coach Cooley. He’s been around here for a while and was with coach Fields at NA. I thought I had read that Barker was an Asst for Steve Weber?

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I mean, hired from within the program. Coach Bragg is from Illinois but he’s been around here for quite a while and was with coach Glesing. Same with coach Cooley. He’s been around here for a while and was with coach Fields at NA. I thought I had read that Barker was an Asst for Steve Weber?

I understand what you're saying now. 

And I just googled it, you are correct. Their defense looked good in our 7 on 7. 

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Barker was an assistant under Weber.  Prior to that, he played for Steve at Linton as well.

• Like 1

BNL's season is going to live/die, sink/swim, succeed/fail based on the health of their core O-linemen.  We have 6-7 quite capable of dominating opponents.  A lot of underclassmen after that. We have a lot of capable skill positions on both sides of the ball. 

Upside: 1 or 2 players, maybe, playing full time both ways.  A few more contributing on both sides of the ball.  A lot of 1-way starters.

Downside: We lost a lot of good, impactful seniors last year.

1 minute ago, LawrenceGreene said:

BNL's season is going to live/die, sink/swim, succeed/fail based on the health of their core O-linemen.  We have 6-7 quite capable of dominating opponents.  A lot of underclassmen after that. We have a lot of capable skill positions on both sides of the ball. 

Upside: 1 or 2 players, maybe, playing full time both ways.  A few more contributing on both sides of the ball.  A lot of 1-way starters.

Worked a scrimmage last week at JC, the recurring theme I heard from several coaches is we’ll be OK if no one gets hurt. 

17 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Worked a scrimmage last week at JC, the recurring theme I heard from several coaches is we’ll be OK if no one gets hurt. 

Just a guess. I would think in this conference, that’s a common quote. 

20 minutes ago, LawrenceGreene said:

Big fan of Memphis Louden and Cal Gates.

23 minutes ago, LawrenceGreene said:

IMO this is a must at the 4A level and up.. and probably 3A, as well. 

I heard today that Blair Thompson, the former Salem HS HC is now on Floyd Centrals staff. That’s a good pickup for coach Bragg, he’s a good coach. He had some good seasons there. Coincidentally after he stepped down he was replace by Brian Glesing. Lol.

12 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I heard today that Blair Thompson, the former Salem HS HC is now on Floyd Centrals staff. That’s a good pickup for coach Bragg, he’s a good coach. He had some good seasons there. Coincidentally after he stepped down he was replace by Brian Glesing. Lol.

I really like Blair. I start to wonder if something is going on behind scenes in Salem. RJ stepped down abruptly, Mo didn't work out after 2 seasons, and seemingly Blair steps down but continues coaching. Also heard their numbers are down this year so Glesing may already have a rough patch. We will see.

11 minutes ago, WWFan said:

I really like Blair. I start to wonder if something is going on behind scenes in Salem. RJ stepped down abruptly, Mo didn't work out after 2 seasons, and seemingly Blair steps down but continues coaching. Also heard their numbers are down this year so Glesing may already have a rough patch. We will see.

Can’t be any worse than the situation he inherited at Shelbyville prior to this

4 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Can’t be any worse than the situation he inherited at Shelbyville prior to this

Maybe not and we know Paoli didn't work out well. I hope does ok except for week 9 every year. Haha

I liked coach Glesing. My cousins played for him. Really good coach when he was at FC. I wanted him to stay but I guess he felt he needed a change. A lot of parents complained that he wouldn’t pass enough and there were some other things. I hope he does well at Salem because he’s a pretty good guy.

This year’s non-conference schedules for every HHC team.

BNL: at Martinsville, at Bloomington North, Madison

Columbus East: at Bloomington South, Columbus North, at Bloomington North 

Floyd Central: at Louisville St. Xavier, Terre Haute South, Silver Creek

Jeffersonville: Whiteland, at Louisville Fern Creek, at Silver Creek

Jennings County: South Dearborn, Brown County, Madison

New Albany: at Franklin, Christian Academy (Louisville), Bloomington North

Seymour: Greenwood, Brownstown Central, at Bloomington South 

Observations

1. BNL and Jennings County are the only teams to keep Madison on the schedule. Only difference is, Jennings County actually has a rivalry with Madison. I’m kind of surprised BNL has maintained Madison.

2. Bloomington North is the most common non-conference opponent for the HHC as BNL, Columbus East, and New Albany all play them. Is this just a coincidence or is this by Bloomington North’s design? Could this foreshadow a future move or am I just being a conspiracy theorist? Lol

3. Columbus East, by choice, is playing all of its sectional opponents during the regular season. This is a first. Obviously they already have to play Seymour but adding both Bloomington schools despite being in the same sectional with them is a shocker. East never even used to play non-conference sectional opponents during the regular season when Bob Gaddis was coach (except for the years when rival Columbus North was in the same sectional).

4. After playing all of their non-conference games on the road last season, Jennings County will play all of their non-conference games at home this season.

5. The U.S. 50 schools (BNL, Jennings County, and Seymour) are playing the exact same non-conference opponents that they played last year. 

6. Columbus East is playing Bloomington South for the first time ever in the regular season. Their four previous match-ups all occurred during the postseason.

7. Floyd Central is playing both Louisville St. Xavier and Terre Haute South for the first time ever this year.

8. Jeffersonville is playing Whiteland for the second time ever. The last time was in 1972. They will play Louisville Fern Creek for the fourth time ever and the first time since 2019.

9. New Albany will play Christian Academy of Louisville for the first time ever. And, based on what I can tell, it looks like they’ll also be playing Franklin for the first time ever.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I have retired from Friday nights and Seymour has offered me a volunteer Friday night position for their home games. I’m looking forward to the next phase of my Football career and seeing more HHC action. I should actually get a chance to watch the games and see someone besides the QB and the LT. 😉

What exactly will you be doing?

23 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

What exactly will you be doing?

lol, taking care of the officials. I told the AD of you put me in charge, we’ll never have a problem having officials. I committed for this season, may go check out a big game on off nights, may sub, I’ve had several people contact me. For the last 40 years my Friday nights have been dictated by my schedule, frankly I’m kind of looking forward to some free time. May just sit in the back yard at the fire pit and drink, who knows what I’ll be doing. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Observations

1. BNL and Jennings County are the only teams to keep Madison on the schedule. Only difference is, Jennings County actually has a rivalry with Madison. I’m kind of surprised BNL has maintained Madison.

2. Bloomington North is the most common non-conference opponent for the HHC as BNL, Columbus East, and New Albany all play them. Is this just a coincidence or is this by Bloomington North’s design? Could this foreshadow a future move or am I just being a conspiracy theorist? Lol

3. Columbus East, by choice, is playing all of its sectional opponents during the regular season. This is a first. Obviously they already have to play Seymour but adding both Bloomington schools despite being in the same sectional with them is a shocker. East never even used to play non-conference sectional opponents during the regular season when Bob Gaddis was coach (except for the years when rival Columbus North was in the same sectional).

4. After playing all of their non-conference games on the road last season, Jennings County will play all of their non-conference games at home this season.

5. The U.S. 50 schools (BNL, Jennings County, and Seymour) are playing the exact same non-conference opponents that they played last year. 

6. Columbus East is playing Bloomington South for the first time ever in the regular season. Their four previous match-ups all occurred during the postseason.

7. Floyd Central is playing both Louisville St. Xavier and Terre Haute South for the first time ever this year.

8. Jeffersonville is playing Whiteland for the second time ever. The last time was in 1972. They will play Louisville Fern Creek for the fourth time ever and the first time since 2019.

9. New Albany will play Christian Academy of Louisville for the first time ever. And, based on what I can tell, it looks like they’ll also be playing Franklin for the first time ever.

Pretty good schedules if you ask me. I’m happy with FCs Non-Con. St X will blow us out, and everyone knows I hate playing those kinds of teams, but THS and Silver Creek will be competitive games and they’re both at Home.

20 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Observations

Maybe familiarity, I don't know. I'd like to see us schedule someone comparable, and closer.  We've won 7 out of the last 10 meetings.  If you can schedule in 1/3's: 3 teams you should beat, 3 teams you have to play good to beat, and 3 teams you have to play your absolute mistake free best to beat, they have their place.