Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

11 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You need to trade in your shovel for an excavator. 

You need to go dance around Bulleitt Stadium. Why don’t you meet us this fall? At least I had the balls to go talk to FCs coaching staff.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:49 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

I’d love to have East Central but that’s not very likely to happen. The travel times would be pretty rough for them.

I’d love to have Columbus North but they think they’re above the HHC. I guess they’d better hope Conference Indiana doesn’t finally fall through or they might actually have to tuck their tails between their legs and come knocking at the HHC’s door.

A Bloomington North return to the conference would be kind of cool. It would give BNL a western rival and keep them from feeling like the outlier.

Going along with that last one, I wouldn’t complain having Bloomington South either but they’re similar to Columbus North. I get the impression they have a high opinion of themselves.

If Scottsburg ever grows then I think they’d have to be considered. I know they were 4A for a short time.

I keep thinking one of those Louisville suburb schools (outside of the three already in the conference) will grow enough eventually. Maybe I’m wrong though.

Outside of those schools, I’m not sure who else really falls within the geographic footprint that is 4A or bigger.

Absolutely would love to see EC, but realistically probably would never happen. With the big/small split in the EIAC gives EC the chance to play their rivals, Roncalli, GCCL team or two, and Harrison. I think EC is upgrading their athletic program across the board, would be a great fit other than geographically. 
South Dearborn has been talked about, better fit geographically but a bit of downgrade athletically. 
I don’t see BHSN adding anything of value to the conference, other than a rival for BNL. For the HHC Bloomington would be our Terre Haute. 
Columbus North would be the logical choice, but it’ll never happen 

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

He's a blast

C’mon man, I’m tryna maintain a facade here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Absolutely would love to see EC, but realistically probably would never happen. With the big/small split in the EIAC gives EC the chance to play their rivals, Roncalli, GCCL team or two, and Harrison. I think EC is upgrading their athletic program across the board, would be a great fit other than geographically. 

The problem with the EIAC is that it’s shrinking in student population size which allows East Central to be head and shoulders above everyone else. That 3A/4A split they had isn’t an accurate split anymore because Franklin County and South Dearborn fell to 3A. Aside from East Central, the only other 4A school is Connersville.

If East Central is upgrading athletics  across the board then I feel like they’re going to outgrow the EIAC. Unfortunately for them, they don’t really have a big school conference in that part of the state that would allow for respectable travel times. Therefore, due to their proximity to Cincinnati, I could see them going independent at some point. They keep their EIAC rivals on the schedule, as well as Roncalli and Harrison, and then add more Ohio teams if needed.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:49 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

I’d love to have Columbus North but they think they’re above the HHC. I guess they’d better hope Conference Indiana doesn’t finally fall through or they might actually have to tuck their tails between their legs and come knocking at the HHC’s door.

I don't think that Conference Indiana will fall through anytime soon.  One of the positives that has come out of a smaller conference is that the team is able to schedule games against teams like Roncalli, Bishop Chatard, Decatur Central, Gibson Southern (Brady Allen years), and Cathedral.  The coaching staff at Columbus North has been trying to schedule tougher competition to prepare the team for post season.  It's challenging being one of the smallest 6A schools in the state.

Our coaches increased the level of competition to our preseason scrimmage schedule.  We faced Whiteland (Runner up), West Lafayette, Peoria High (Illinois Runner Up), Warren Central, Pike, Fishers, Mount Vernon.

Again, I believe the coaching staff's focus has been to prepare for the big juggernaut schools/programs that we end up facing in the post season.  With Center Grove being in our sectional our kids have to get used to playing that type of program.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bulldog15 said:

I don't think that Conference Indiana will fall through anytime soon.  One of the positives that has come out of a smaller conference is that the team is able to schedule games against teams like Roncalli, Bishop Chatard, Decatur Central, Gibson Southern (Brady Allen years), and Cathedral.  The coaching staff at Columbus North has been trying to schedule tougher competition to prepare the team for post season.  It's challenging being one of the smallest 6A schools in the state.

Our coaches increased the level of competition to our preseason scrimmage schedule.  We faced Whiteland (Runner up), West Lafayette, Peoria High (Illinois Runner Up), Warren Central, Pike, Fishers, Mount Vernon.

Again, I believe the coaching staff's focus has been to prepare for the big juggernaut schools/programs that we end up facing in the post season.  With Center Grove being in our sectional our kids have to get used to playing that type of program.

Bloomington North has actively looked at leaving the conference. They tried to get into the Mid-State a few years back, along with Columbus East. However, Perry Meridian was chosen to fill that eighth and final spot. I know there were rumblings of Bloomington North returning to the HHC but I don’t know if it was ever anything serious.

My attention is on the MIC. If they ever decide to return to eight teams then I have to think Southport would be in consideration. Personally, I think Conference Indiana is one move away from falling apart. Finding four non-conference opponents isn’t ideal but it is manageable. Having to find more than that will be an even bigger challenge. Columbus North may be able to make it work due to their great athletic brand (as much as I hate to admit it) but I’m not sure it would work well for other teams in the CI.

6 hours ago, Bulldog15 said:

That’s a lot of scrimmages. How many practices is that? Isn’t the rule only 12? How do teams get things in if they scrimmage that many times with only 12 practices?

On 7/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, btownqbcoach1 said:

And? 

Silver Creek was 5-4. 

Buddy, you can bring Brownstown down here anytime you want. They’ve been trying to find matchup opponents for a while but nobody but Silver Creek will agree to play them so they’re forced to schedule Louisville and Terra Haute teams. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Buddy, you can bring Brownstown down here anytime you want. They’ve been trying to find matchup opponents for a while but nobody but Silver Creek will agree to play them so they’re forced to schedule Louisville and Terra Haute teams. 

Having to play seven conference games and Seymour (gate) kinda limits their options. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2023 at 8:18 AM, Fkfootball said:

Well.. we play Seymour, which outside of Col East/North, not many better rivalries in So Ind, or better attended.... 

Our other non conf is Madison, after the 2yr contract with Indian Creek.. 

Every other game is a conf game.. 

We've played FC multiple times in JV/FR the last few years and I think we are playing each other, at that level, this season, as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 5:25 PM, Indiana Fan said:

That’s a lot of scrimmages. How many practices is that? Isn’t the rule only 12? How do teams get things in if they scrimmage that many times with only 12 practices?

Those weren't individual days for each scrimmage.  Teams scrimmage more than one team at a time.  It's also not tackle.  They do 7v7 and 11v11.  7v7 the whistle is blown with one hand touch while the whistle is general blown when the defender has their arms around the offensive player for 11v11.

I noticed today that Kyle Bragg is the only current HHC coach that has a winning record as an HHC coach. That’s a pretty sad stat for our conference.

1. Kyle Bragg (29-24 in 5 years at Floyd Central)

2. Steve Cooley (84-86 in 16 years at Jeffersonville and New Albany)

3. Derrick Barker (10-11 in 2 years at BNL)

4. Tyson Moore (13-17 in 3 years at Seymour)

5. Eddie Vogel (8-12 in 2 years at Columbus East)

6. T.J. Newton (3-7 in 1 year at Jennings County)

7. Isaac Parker (8-21 in 3 years at Jeffersonville)

On 7/20/2023 at 11:57 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

Can’t lie. I’d love to see this game now. Brownstown wouldn’t be the walk in the park some think they’d be.

I’m not saying we’d win everytime. Brownstown is good. I’m just saying that’s a team that I would like on the schedule. Coach Bragg was telling me, when they’ve tried to schedule 3A teams, people act like they’d be scheduling Cathedral. One coach from Kentucky said “You guys play teams like Male and Manual, so there is no way we’d compete with you.” 😆. Perspective is everything.

Edited by Fkfootball

23 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I noticed today that Kyle Bragg is the only current HHC coach that has a winning record as an HHC coach. That’s a pretty sad stat for our conference.

1. Kyle Bragg (29-24 in 5 years at Floyd Central)

2. Steve Cooley (84-86 in 16 years at Jeffersonville and New Albany)

3. Derrick Barker (10-11 in 2 years at BNL)

4. Tyson Moore (13-17 in 3 years at Seymour)

5. Eddie Vogel (8-12 in 2 years at Columbus East)

6. T.J. Newton (3-7 in 1 year at Jennings County)

7. Isaac Parker (8-21 in 3 years at Jeffersonville)

It’s James Bragg. But overall records don’t mean much to me. I think Tyson Moore at Seymour is very good. But one thing I’ve noticed is, that none of these programs have hired their current HC from outside the school.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

It’s James Bragg. But overall records don’t mean much to me. I think Tyson Moore at Seymour is very good. But one thing I’ve noticed is, that none of these programs have hired their current HC from outside the school.

I can confirm TJ Newton is not from Jennings County and was hired from outside for the HC position. 

2024 Season look ahead

Im not going to put out an order of finish because I don’t see much separation between several teams. I feel confident that between BNL, East, FC, and Seymour, that one of those 4 teams will most likely be conference champs. It doesn’t mean the other 3 can’t suprise, but it’s not expected.

BNL-Maybe the deepest team coming back. Louden, Hughes, Bates, Gates, Childs. They bring back all of their skill guys. Barker is a good coach. They’ll be up at the top.

East-They have come back to the pack. It was expected after the loss of one of the best coaches in Indiana history. 

FC-After 2 mediocre seasons, I’m hoping this is the bounce back season. Robertson is a 3 year starter at QB, Bernardi back at RB, an experienced OL, several athletic WRs, and an All State LB, I’m hoping for a conference and sectional championship this season. 

Jeffersonville-Coach Parker has made them more disciplined but they are a long way away from being competitive. You’d think that having 2200 students would give them plenty to work with? You’d think?

Jennings County-They were better last season. They beat us up there. If they get to .500, then they’ve round a gem at HC.

New Albany-Coach Cooley is a veteran HC and a really good offensive mind. But they’re still trying to replace that generational class they had. They have a lot of good athletes at New Albany so they’ll find some good skill guys, but their football program has a ways to go, going down to the lower levels.

Seymour-Could be the best of the bunch. Perry is a rock solid QB. Their WRs Pennington and Hilleman are really good. They get their TE Jaylan Johnson back. They’ll have the best passing game in the conference IMO. Well coached team.

1 minute ago, Panther25 said:

I can confirm TJ Newton is not from Jennings County and was hired from outside for the HC position. 

Thanks for the correction. I thought I had heard he was from within the program.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Along the lines of your perception is everything comment, is FC or Seymour, at the the time either have hired a HC in the last 20 years been that good of a job? Neither school had really challenged East for the conference,  both schools smallish schools in a big pond, particularly when there were just five classes. Granted, perceptions and things have changed a little since Moore and Bragg were hired. 
Some other random thoughts:

I don’t believe jobs attract the applicants they used to. When a position opens up, at least in the AD’s I talk to, it’s mainly a bunch of young assistants you’ve never heard of. 

Why not hire within? Why not take a chance on a guy who’s been busting his ass for you already?

I will give Moore some props, outsider looking in, being a young coach, he brought some guys out of retirement who really seem to be reenergized. I think that’s awesome, these guys still have a lot to offer, particularly a young coach learning how to be a HC. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Thanks for correcting me on the name. Absolute brain fart on my part. Any other time I’d know his name. Not sure what the heck happened. Hopefully I’m not getting dementia or something. 34 is too young for that.