Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Floyd Centrals 98 team was their best team. They lost in the Regional to the Otis Shannon Cathedral team by like 8 points. My cousin was the top WR on the team. They had All State RB Kyle Samons who ended up walking on at Louisville. Todd Bertrand was a really good QB. They had like 3 guys on their OL that were at least 6”3 300 Lbs. I believe guys on that team made up the state Powerlifting Championship team. All those guys were jacked.

Best coach was Ron Wiegleb. I mean the stadium is named after him. Never got to State but had a lot of consistently good teams.

Best player was Kyle Bramble. He was a one man wrecking crew. Ridiculous athlete. I heard he’s like a Bio-Chemical Engineer now. The dude won the gene lottery.

I'm not going to go back and read 100+ pages to see if it's been discussed before, but I'm curious about Silver Creek. They seem to be located in a growing community and have a well rounded athletic program. Is the potential there for them to quickly outgrow the Mid-Southern and join the Hoosier Hills?

Edited by Boilernation

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I'm not going to go back and read 100+ pages to see if it's been discussed before, but I'm curious about Silver Creek. They seem to be located in a growing community and have a well rounded athletic program. Is the potential there for them to quickly outgrow the Mid-Southern and join the Hoosier Hills?

No clue what the future holds, I have been told multiple times from multiple administrators they have no interest. They have upgraded their schedule but the bottom line is, it’s a whole other world when your schedule goes from Eastern, Scottsburg, Corydon, etc., to Columbus East, FC, Jeff, Seymour, BNL, etc. Can they compete against FC in their game this year, most likely, but they’re not ready to do it every week. 

39 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

No clue what the future holds, I have been told multiple times from multiple administrators they have no interest. They have upgraded their schedule but the bottom line is, it’s a whole other world when your schedule goes from Eastern, Scottsburg, Corydon, etc., to Columbus East, FC, Jeff, Seymour, BNL, etc. Can they compete against FC in their game this year, most likely, but they’re not ready to do it every week. 

Copy. Is it fair to say from a males sport big 3 that they're ready for the Hoosier Hills in basketball and baseball?

22 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Floyd was average at best last season and blew them out of the water. Silver Creek looked pretty small. Reminded me of Madison.

20 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd was average at best last season and blew them out of the water. Silver Creek looked pretty small. Reminded me of Madison.

19 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

FC beat a .500 SC team by two scores last year. In 21 another .500 SC team beat FC 26-0. I stand by what I said and no, SC is nothing like Madison. 

Yeah I’m with @Impartial_Observer. I’m failing to see when Floyd Central ever blew out Silver Creek.

34392F79-C619-4BAF-8923-3BEC6648190D.jpeg

On 7/12/2023 at 2:40 PM, Boilernation said:

Copy. Is it fair to say from a males sport big 3 that they're ready for the Hoosier Hills in basketball and baseball?

I don't understand the need. Like.. they'd probably get considerably better attended games rolling in the MSC in football/basketball. 

In basketball/baseball they can schedule all those schools anyways... 

What do they gain by moving conferences? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I don't understand the need. Like.. they'd probably get considerably better attended games rolling in the MSC in football/basketball. 

In basketball/baseball they can schedule all those schools anyways... 

What do they gain by moving conferences? 

I'm more so talking about the future. They seem to be in an area that is growing and has the potential for more growth. Would the MSC still want them if they elevated up to the 5A Level in Footballa and 4A in football? Of course, I have no idea if that type of growth will come to fruition.

6 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I'm more so talking about the future. They seem to be in an area that is growing and has the potential for more growth. Would the MSC still want them if they elevated up to the 5A Level in Footballa and 4A in football? Of course, I have no idea if that type of growth will come to fruition.

They'd have to grow by 40% to get to 5A.. not sure that's going to happen, could I guess. 

To answer.. probably not, but I hope we could keep them on the schedule. 

They have 900 students, bottom of 5A is 1500+

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:54 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah I’m with @Impartial_Observer. I’m failing to see when Floyd Central ever blew out Silver Creek.

34392F79-C619-4BAF-8923-3BEC6648190D.jpeg

Last years game looked like Varsity vs JV. Floyd Central had losing records the past 2 seasons and played the entire season without their best player. This years team should be good so we will see how SC matches up with them.

On 7/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

FC beat a .500 SC team by two scores last year. In 21 another .500 SC team beat FC 26-0. I stand by what I said and no, SC is nothing like Madison. 

Buddy, that 2021 FC team was their worst team in 15 years.

19 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Last years game looked like Varsity vs JV. Floyd Central had losing records the past 2 seasons and played the entire season without their best player. This years team should be good so we will see how SC matches up with them.

FC beat them by 2 scores lol ...

Btw.. that was SCs worst team in the last 8 years, congrats on beating them, I guess. 

SCs best player transferred away before last season.. if we are keeping track of every single little thing. 

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

FC beat them by 2 scores lol ...

Btw.. that was SCs worst team in the last 8 years, congrats on beating them, I guess. 

SCs best player transferred away before last season.. if we are keeping track of every single little thing. 

Neither team was that good. But I haven’t been impressed with Silver Creek the 3 times I’ve seen them. But I guess as terrible as the HHC is, they’d compete in it.

That game was more of a 3 score game. Unless we count the garbage time TD with 30 seconds left.

“Following a scoreless third period, the Highlanders put the game away midway through the fourth quarter with a 52-yard scoring drive. Andrew Gibson pounded it in from the 5 to cap the march and put Floyd up 27-7 with 6:24 left.

The Dragons added a late touchdown — with less than a minute left— on a 1-yard run by Wyatt Hoffman.”

9 hours ago, WWFan said:

I like hypothetical conference expansion chat so I'm curious who else would you guys take that isn't Silver Creek?

I’d love to have East Central but that’s not very likely to happen. The travel times would be pretty rough for them.

I’d love to have Columbus North but they think they’re above the HHC. I guess they’d better hope Conference Indiana doesn’t finally fall through or they might actually have to tuck their tails between their legs and come knocking at the HHC’s door.

A Bloomington North return to the conference would be kind of cool. It would give BNL a western rival and keep them from feeling like the outlier.

Going along with that last one, I wouldn’t complain having Bloomington South either but they’re similar to Columbus North. I get the impression they have a high opinion of themselves.

If Scottsburg ever grows then I think they’d have to be considered. I know they were 4A for a short time.

I keep thinking one of those Louisville suburb schools (outside of the three already in the conference) will grow enough eventually. Maybe I’m wrong though.

Outside of those schools, I’m not sure who else really falls within the geographic footprint that is 4A or bigger.

Neither team was that good. But I haven’t been impressed with Silver Creek the 3 times I’ve seen them. But I guess as terrible as the HHC is, they’d compete in it.

100% they would

That game was more of a 3 score game. Unless we count the garbage time TD with 30 seconds left.

“Following a scoreless third period, the Highlanders put the game away midway through the fourth quarter with a 52-yard scoring drive. Andrew Gibson pounded it in from the 5 to cap the march and put Floyd up 27-7 with 6:24 left.

The Dragons added a late touchdown — with less than a minute left— on a 1-yard run by Wyatt Hoffman.”

After they had absolutely blasted you guys the year before, right.  At Floyd.. I watched the film.