Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

26 minutes ago, starbacker said:

In addition there have been some very strange decisions made by the school board in the past few years (not athletically speaking) if you live in Lawrence County you would for sure know that. 

Consolidation? 

7 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

But Szabo did the best job you can do there.

No doubt, he brought home a Sectional title, BNL's first. But, he didn't make the long-term changes needed for the program. 

42 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Not personally. Just from being in the business and coaching against him while he was at BNL.

Wagner did conditioning, and he inspired me as a coach and a player. 

He had this drill where we would jump over yard markers, and at first I wasn't fast enough for him. That enraged me so much I purchased a yard marker and did the drill independently in my back yard until I was fast enough to beat the other linemen in the drill. 

When I coached, I did a modified version of the drill- we used tackling dummies instead, and I did it with my players. 

• Like 1

An interesting note... John Harrell's now lists under coaching changes that Grant Zgunda is the new coach at Jeffersonville High School. He was the head coach at Delta from 2002-2015. I did not know that Coach Parker had even stepped down. I haven't seen that info anywhere else, but Harrell doesn't tend to post something that isn't accurate. If that is indeed the case, that is a heck of a coup. He has over 140 career victories. 

15 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

An interesting note... John Harrell's now lists under coaching changes that Grant Zgunda is the new coach at Jeffersonville High School. He was the head coach at Delta from 2002-2015. I did not know that Coach Parker had even stepped down. I haven't seen that info anywhere else, but Harrell doesn't tend to post something that isn't accurate. If that is indeed the case, that is a heck of a coup. He has over 140 career victories. 

There were several errors on the site in regards to coaching changes. I don’t think John put them on there intentionally. My guess is he had a programming error or something.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 9:03 PM, boilerfan87 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that was odd. Coach Parker did a nice job getting them going late last year and should feel good about the momentum for the program going forward. 

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t sure what to think of him. I watched Floyd Central beat them twice handily and figured they would do it again easily. But Jeffersonville came well prepared and played pretty tough and Floyds offense was never the same when they lost Quenichet for the season. Coach Parker has definitely got Jeffersonville to a better level of discipline than what I’ve seen the past several years. He did a good job in that Sectional.

• 3 weeks later...

BNL hires Defensive Coordinator Derrick Barker as their head coach.  I’m very happy with this hire and glad to see him promoted within the program. He played for Coach Weber at Linton and on the collegiate level at Rose-Hulman and has been on staff at BNL for 7 years. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 10:50 AM, starbacker said:

BNL hires Defensive Coordinator Derrick Barker as their head coach.  I’m very happy with this hire and glad to see him promoted within the program. He played for Coach Weber at Linton and on the collegiate level at Rose-Hulman and has been on staff at BNL for 7 years. 

The absolute best hire possible. 

It’s going to be a real interesting fall in the HHC. The obvious big change will be Gaddis not being on the sideline. There is no doubt that East will still continue to be pretty strong as Gaddis left a good program behind. There are a lot of teams with question marks. TBH, I’m pretty excited about the young Floyd Central team we will have next season. I’m not sure that’s going to translate into 7+ wins or anything like that, but it will be fun for me to watch them hopefully improve through the year. Definitely going to be growing pains. Coach Bragg has a very talente, next season Sophomore QB in Tristan Robertson to build around. He has HUDL tape. The kid is big and athletic. I would venture to say he’ll be a star in the conference at some point. New Albany definitely has a good team coming back. They’re pretty athletic and should have a tremendous running game this year. You definitely have to like what Jeffersonville did at the end of the year. Coach Parker did a good job really getting that team to play more disciplined. They should be competitive as well. I will for sure be willing to watch BNL because I love their QB. He may be the best in the conference next season. JC and Seymour, I would guess we should expect more of the same, granted I don’t really know much about them. I’d say East finishes at the top again and New Albany will be the first bridesmaid. It really wouldn’t shock me to see FC finish 2nd yet again, but I just think we lost too many good Seniors to go there yet.

Just noticed Columbus East finally found themselves a week 7 opponent and I am very pleased with who it is. 

There were less than a handful of quality opponents available but there were two I really thought would be best: Chatard and Louisville Male. Glad we landed one of them. It’ll be the first meeting between the two schools since the 1979 regional championship in which East won 20-13. There was no semistate championship round back then so East would go on to defeat Hobart in the state championship the following week.

What do you think about this match-up @Lysander?

2F81DF19-E0F6-4563-A49A-753FA3AAF4AE.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Just noticed Columbus East finally found themselves a week 7 opponent and I am very pleased with who it is. 

There were less than a handful of quality opponents available but there were two I really thought would be best: Chatard and Louisville Male. Glad we landed one of them. It’ll be the first meeting between the two schools since the 1979 regional championship in which East won 20-13. There was no semistate championship round back then so East would go on to defeat Hobart in the state championship the following week.

What do you think about this match-up @Lysander?

2F81DF19-E0F6-4563-A49A-753FA3AAF4AE.jpeg

WOW!!  That is simply awesome!  I’ve been wanting to see these two play each other FOREVER!  It would be great if they could sustain the series...I think it would definitely help both schools come playoff time.

BTW, I just noticed Chatard is also playing Warren Central second game of the season.  

This might not be the best year for Chatard to take on these two Indiana powerhouses given their graduation losses from last season but I am glad to see it happen regardless.  

Hoping these sort of games set the tone for the future.  They will be good for all involved.  I’d imagine there will be some degree of hype and buildup surrounding this late season match-up.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lysander said:

WOW!!  That is simply awesome!  I’ve been wanting to see these two play each other FOREVER!  It would be great if they could sustain the series...I think it would definitely help both schools come playoff time.

BTW, I just noticed Chatard is also playing Warren Central second game of the season.  

This might not be the best year for Chatard to take on these two Indiana powerhouses given their graduation losses from last season but I am glad to see it happen regardless.  

Hoping these sort of games set the tone for the future.  They will be good for all involved.  I’d imagine there will be some degree of hype and buildup surrounding this late season match-up.

Definitely. I don’t know what the terms were when this game was set up, but I hope that it’s a home and home series at the very least. I’d love to see it continue beyond that though. Not to crap on the HHC, but we needed a good, quality opponent at the end of the season to get us ready for the tournament. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central plays the two hardest opponents in this conference. Louisville Male and Louisville Manuel. I really have no idea why they want those matchups, but I guess they have their reasons.

Columbus North and Chatard could beat either one of those teams. Might Male be favored? Sure. But they would be pretty good games. For instance, Cal Preps has Chatard over Male in 2019 (latest data set). Plus, East also plays Whiteland who is coming off of a 9-2 season and is a solid 5a program. 

Jeffersonville is set to play Bell County (KY). Bell County is a smaller school but is a perennial state power. 

New Albany plays Bloomington North and South. They also play Gibson Southern, which has been a top notch 3a program in Indiana over the last decade. 

FC will play a tough schedule. Good for them. It doesn't make it the best or toughest. 

• Like 1