Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

12 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Didn’t know much about Bell County except that, like Mount Vernon (Posey), their enrollment is in the 600s. Maybe I’m not giving those schools enough credit, but I penalized them both for that. 

Yeah that's fair, and I can't say what Bell is returning. Their coach is the Kentucky version of Bud Wright from Sheridan. They are old school and will be the most physical team Jeff will see all year. 

18 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Yeah that's fair, and I can't say what Bell is returning. Their coach is the Kentucky version of Bud Wright from Sheridan. They are old school and will be the most physical team Jeff will see all year. 

I’m impressed you have knowledge about a school in a county that borders Tennessee and Virginia. That’s nowhere near Indiana. Lol

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m impressed you have knowledge about a school in a county that borders Tennessee and Virginia. That’s nowhere near Indiana. Lol

Lol.. I coached there for a while and I still keep up with things as best I can. We went to the state finals every year and you didnt go without hearing stories about Coach Hilton and his program. He actually retired from 2011-2015, but couldn't stay away and has been back since. They lost the state title in 2019 and played in the semifinals last year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Jennings County’s Justun Sharp has stepped down as the head football coach. He posted the following on Facebook.

D757D282-C0ED-45E6-B074-D64E1A587C77.jpeg

C80D6176-EE81-4CCF-A6DF-3781C93B2E64.jpeg

18E3B41E-BCB6-4D05-891D-BFA71D39E0A6.jpeg

I coached with Justun while we were at Cathedral; prayers for his daughter and family as they take this challenge on. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Jennings County’s Justun Sharp has stepped down as the head football coach. He posted the following on Facebook.

D757D282-C0ED-45E6-B074-D64E1A587C77.jpeg

C80D6176-EE81-4CCF-A6DF-3781C93B2E64.jpeg

18E3B41E-BCB6-4D05-891D-BFA71D39E0A6.jpeg

My thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Sharp, his daughter, and the family. 

With the season so close, this is a major blow. I hate it for the kids on the team. Coach Sharp was building something and I hope Justin Baldwin or whoever takes the job next year can continue it.

• Like 2

First Off.

My prayers go out to coach Sharp. There is nothing better than being a father and being able to be there for your children. I pray for the health of his baby girl.

For Football. I’m still not sure that East goes down this season. I’m sure it will happen. And there is always a drop off from the retirement of a Legendary coach, but it usually takes years to happen. His replacement could be the worst HC in Columbus East history? Or, he could be the next Bob Gaddis? You just never know. New Albany should be pretty solid. They have a ton of experience and skill players and Cooley can draw up some stuff. Could see them with 7 wins.

I really can’t make much of a prediction for my Highlanders. They come out of the gate with two of the best teams in the State of Kentucky and arguably their two toughest games on their schedule. They could be a suprise after what will probably be an 0-2 start. We lost some good players. Some High Major D-1 guys. But the cupboard isn’t bare. Tristan Robertson should probably start at QB as a SO. He’s as good of a QB prospect as we’ve ever had. Has the chance to be pretty special. Dangerous runner and has a really good arm. We have a SO RB named Darius Atkins who is another speed guy that should work his way in as well as a couple SR RBs. FC is pretty deep at WR/DB with Srs/Jrs. Zac Hutsler and Jake Huasz are pretty good along with their RB/Slot guy Eli Branham. Their O-line is replacing some guys but has a couple guys back. They have a SO OT, Justin Brown, that is MASSIVE and athletic. He could definitely start on their team. So I expect them to be a in a rebuilding phase but they have plenty in the cupboard to be tough by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

LOL I was thinking about it when we started our pick 'ems for this year. That way it'll be easier to navigate the smack talk "competitive banter" between @Frozen Tundra and I. 😆

Competitive banter is definitely the right word. I save the Ric Flair promos for the people I don’t like 😂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Good luck to everyone’s teams this weekend if they’re in a scrimmage. Hope everyone stays healthy.

Good Luck to the Highlanders, and don't worry, if you don't beat us in football you will beat our brains in basketball lol. 

Hopefully all teams can stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Good Luck to the Highlanders, and don't worry, if you don't beat us in football you will beat our brains in basketball lol. 

Basketball is an embarrassment and I’m not just talking about the team on the floor. We probably have the worst gym in the state. I wish we could tear it down and start again. I hate watching games there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

Who does everyone in the HHC scrimmage this week? Does Floyd still scrimmage Charlestown? Brownstown vs JC? Good luck to all.

Brownstown was just looking for a scrimmage opp. Thread here somewhere. So maybe something going on at JC?

10 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Who does everyone in the HHC scrimmage this week? Does Floyd still scrimmage Charlestown? Brownstown vs JC? Good luck to all.

East was supposed to scrimmage at Martinsville but the Artesians are in quarantine. Now East will scrimmage at Decatur Central.

21 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I don’t think we’ll get you guys in Football. 😆. I’d honestly love to see us just score 3 TDs against your #1 defense. That would be a start.

Oh, basketball wise, we are loaded. We have a 7 footer and like 5 guys that are 6”5 or taller. I wish we could get that kind of football talent.