Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

I attended Floyd Central vs Charlestown tonight. Pretty even scrimmage, which is actually a good sign for both programs since both programs typically finish top 2 or 3 in their conferences.

After watching the scrimmage, I have slightly raised my bar for FC Football this season. I still don’t think they have any chance of defeating Male. Defeating Manual or East is probably far out of reach as well. But I do think they’ll be in every other game including New Albany. Their Senior Class is a little better than I expected. And their starting QB and a couple of their top RBs and some other key guys didn’t play due to sitting out. It looks like their QB will be JR Cody Bibelhauser. I’ve been told he’s more of a running threat and an accurate passer. Tristan Robertson was the starter tonight and he’s a SO. Tall kid with a big arm. Will probably play some too. Their RB was a SO transfer from Florida. His name was Mitch Bernardi and he was pretty impressive. Reminded me of a Columbus East tailback. Strong, good vision, and probably a 4.7 guy. Their O-line doesn’t have a lot of experience but they’re pretty big kids and they played pretty well. One of their guards is a Sophomore and he’s easily about 300 lbs. The older Bernardi kid, also a transfer from Florida, is another big kid playing DT and on the O-line as well.

Should be a decent season for us once we get past weeks 1 and 2. They look better on the lines than what I thought they’d be. Should have a chance to fight for that #2 spot in the HHC again.

50 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I attended Floyd Central vs Charlestown tonight. Pretty even scrimmage, which is actually a good sign for both programs since both programs typically finish top 2 or 3 in their conferences.

After watching the scrimmage, I have slightly raised my bar for FC Football this season. I still don’t think they have any chance of defeating Male. Defeating Manual or East is probably far out of reach as well. But I do think they’ll be in every other game including New Albany. Their Senior Class is a little better than I expected. And their starting QB and a couple of their top RBs and some other key guys didn’t play due to sitting out. It looks like their QB will be JR Cody Bibelhauser. I’ve been told he’s more of a running threat and an accurate passer. Tristan Robertson was the starter tonight and he’s a SO. Tall kid with a big arm. Will probably play some too. Their RB was a SO transfer from Florida. His name was Mitch Bernardi and he was pretty impressive. Reminded me of a Columbus East tailback. Strong, good vision, and probably a 4.7 guy. Their O-line doesn’t have a lot of experience but they’re pretty big kids and they played pretty well. One of their guards is a Sophomore and he’s easily about 300 lbs. The older Bernardi kid, also a transfer from Florida, is another big kid playing DT and on the O-line as well.

Should be a decent season for us once we get past weeks 1 and 2. They look better on the lines than what I thought they’d be. Should have a chance to fight for that #2 spot in the HHC again.

If the scrimmage was even then my thinking is that’s bad for Floyd Central. Charlestown shouldn’t be on their level. Educate me if I’m wrong but that’s just my perspective on it.

11 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

If the scrimmage was even then my thinking is that’s bad for Floyd Central. Charlestown shouldn’t be on their level. Educate me if I’m wrong but that’s just my perspective on it.

Well, we didn’t have all of our pieces. A lot of guys haven’t practiced much yet. Charlestown is a pretty solid 3A program. They’re comparable to the rest of the HHC outside of East. The thinking is that we will probably struggle pretty bad against Male, Manual, and East. But could win the other games. We just lost 23 Seniors from one of the best classes we’ve had in years, so im not expecting to hang the moon. Their Sophomore class is really good though.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Well, we didn’t have all of our pieces. A lot of guys haven’t practiced much yet. Charlestown is a pretty solid 3A program. They’re comparable to the rest of the HHC outside of East. The thinking is that we will probably struggle pretty bad against Male, Manual, and East. But could win the other games. We just lost 23 Seniors from one of the best classes we’ve had in years, so im not expecting to hang the moon. Their Sophomore class is really good though.

Yeah I hope you didn’t take it as an insult. I didn’t mean it that way. I know Floyd Central lost a ton of seniors. Personally, I feel like Charlestown is a fourth-place team at best if they were in the HHC. That’s not to knock them but it’s quite a jump from 3A. They’re a little over half the size of our smallest school, Jennings County. 

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah I hope you didn’t take it as an insult. I didn’t mean it that way. I know Floyd Central lost a ton of seniors. Personally, I feel like Charlestown is a fourth-place team at best if they were in the HHC. That’s not to knock them but it’s quite a jump from 3A. They’re a little over half the size of our smallest school, Jennings County. 

I’m just keeping my expectations in check. I expect that they’ll get better as the season goes on. I think they have a good shot at 2nd or 3rd in the HHC. But I can definitely say for sure, they will once again have a lot of trouble against East.

2021 HHC Prediction:

1. Columbus East - Kind of hard to pick against them. Eddie Vogel is the new head coach but he’s been at East under Bob Gaddis for almost 20 years. Vogel has already said not much will change in the way things are done so I’m going to expect more of the same success on the field.

2. New Albany - They could honestly be the most talented team in the conference. Execution will be the question.

3. Floyd Central - Hard to imagine any of the other teams jumping the Highlanders for third. Despite the slip-up in sectionals last year, James Bragg is building something and he has the talent and resources to do so.

4. Jeffersonville - Isaac Parker is in year three as head coach and the team’s end to year two has given the program some great momentum. The question is, can they maintain it?

5. BNL - This is the team I’m having the hardest time getting a read on. They have a brand new coach and they’re coming off of two straight rough seasons. I feel like they have the potential to be better but there’s just too many unknowns here for me to rank them higher.

6. Seymour - Still not feeling too confident in the Owls. I just have a hard time trusting their young, second-year head coach to get the job done. My impression is that he was a bit overwhelmed making the jump last year. We’ll see how much he and the team have improved.

7. Jennings County - I would’ve had them one spot higher if they didn’t have a last-second coaching change. Every time the program takes a step forward they end up taking two steps back.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

2021 HHC Prediction:

1. Columbus East - Kind of hard to pick against them. Eddie Vogel is the new head coach but he’s been at East under Bob Gaddis for almost 20 years. Vogel has already said not much will change in the way things are done so I’m going to expect more of the same success on the field.

2. New Albany - They could honestly be the most talented team in the conference. Execution will be the question.

3. Floyd Central - Hard to imagine any of the other teams jumping the Highlanders for third. Despite the slip-up in sectionals last year, James Bragg is building something and he has the talent and resources to do so.

4. Jeffersonville - Isaac Parker is in year three as head coach and the team’s end to year two has given the program some great momentum. The question is, can they maintain it?

5. BNL - This is the team I’m having the hardest time getting a read on. They have a brand new coach and they’re coming off of two straight rough seasons. I feel like they have the potential to be better but there’s just too many unknowns here for me to rank them higher.

6. Seymour - Still not feeling too confident in the Owls. I just have a hard time trusting their young, second-year head coach to get the job done. My impression is that he was a bit overwhelmed making the jump last year. We’ll see how much he and the team have improved.

7. Jennings County - I would’ve had them one spot higher if they didn’t have a last-second coaching change. Every time the program takes a step forward they end up taking two steps back.

1. East-It’s East. When someone gets close to them, I’ll consider a different outcome,

2. FC- A little bias here for sure. I just feel their defense and O-line will be a lot better than NAs. NA really has a hard time with Floyd even when they have the more talented team.

3. NA-They’ll score a bunch. And they’ll give up a bunch. After this season they will be absolutely gutted by graduation.

4. Jeffersonville-Coach Parker is a great man. So much respect for him. They did upset a FC team that admitted this winter that they basically were looking ahead a week. And then Jeff was shake to dispatch a NA team that was struggling.

5.BNL-I’ve always felt they should be as good as FC. A lot of decent athletes there. Close to Bloomington and IU.

6. Seymour-They’re here by default.

7. JC-I find myself rooting for these guys. I want them to become good so bad.

To be honest, I want all these teams to become good. This conference would be so much more fun if we had a bunch of parity and a bunch of conference champions. The East fans won’t agree but their dominance just makes the Fall in Southeastern Indiana, very boring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

The East fans won’t agree but their dominance just makes the Fall in Southeastern Indiana, very boring.

If I was a fan of any other HHC team I’d feel the exact same way. Not gonna disagree with you on that one bit.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Pick 'em for this year! (I did not start a new thread out of respect for the goals of longevity.)

Columbus East at Whiteland

Floyd Central at Louisville Male 

Jennings County vs. Norwell

New Albany at Bloomington South

Seymour at South Dearborn

Did the BNL and Martinsville game get canceled? I heard a couple of hours ago it was only moved to Saturday so that Martinsville could fulfill their ten day quarantine period.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:29 PM, Olympian06 said:

The East defense looking pretty good against a good Decatur Central offense.. The East offense will be a work in progress, but some games under their belt will help improve that. 

Too few returning starters and depth and size is thin.  I think this group can be solid this year and next but the JV was rolled by their JV and size and speed is an issue.  Going to be the first time in a long time that you may see more than a few guys going both ways a bit which is unusual for East but may be necessary given the inexperience overall

11 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Too few returning starters and depth and size is thin.  I think this group can be solid this year and next but the JV was rolled by their JV and size and speed is an issue.  Going to be the first time in a long time that you may see more than a few guys going both ways a bit which is unusual for East but may be necessary given the inexperience overall

I've seen our JV get beat numerous times over the years, and it never seems to translate to the varsity level. I agree we are def inexperienced, but I look for this team to gel throughout the year. 

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Did the BNL and Martinsville game get canceled? I heard a couple of hours ago it was only moved to Saturday so that Martinsville could fulfill their ten day quarantine period.

It is on Saturday and I missed it when I copied it from Harrell's site. 

BNL @ Martinsville (Saturday)

Columbus East at Whiteland

Floyd Central at Louisville Male 

Same for me. I ask my fellow HHC fans not to judge my Highlanders too harshly on Friday. That game is not going to be pretty.

33 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Same for me. I ask my fellow HHC fans not to judge my Highlanders too harshly on Friday. That game is not going to be pretty.

What about BNL at Martinsville?

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Don't worry, I think Whiteland will beat East as well.. Can't judge a team after 1 game, I give them a few weeks to get going. Good Luck to the Highlanders. 

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Don't worry, I think Whiteland will beat East as well.. Can't judge a team after 1 game, I give them a few weeks to get going. Good Luck to the Highlanders. 

I hear yah there. But I’d trade you in a heartbeat. I’d rather play Whiteland than the #1 team in Kentucky and probably a top 25 team Nationally. I think they said they have “7” D-1 kids in their starting lineup.

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I hear yah there. But I’d trade you in a heartbeat. I’d rather play Whiteland than the #1 team in Kentucky and probably a top 25 team Nationally. I think they said they have “7” D-1 kids in their starting lineup.

I would gladly take that trade most years. This year isn't the year.. After going toe to toe a few years ago with Pickerington Central (that finished Top 10 in the country) I have no doubt some of the East teams would be competitive... this year isn't one of them tho haha. 

5 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I would gladly take that trade most years. This year isn't the year.. After going toe to toe a few years ago with Pickerington Central (that finished Top 10 in the country) I have no doubt some of the East teams would be competitive... this year isn't one of them tho haha. 

You guys would definitely hang with those Louisville teams a lot better than we do. We beat Male once, back in 2011, but it was one of their worst teams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Columbus East at Whiteland

Floyd Central at Louisville Male

Jennings County vs. Norwell

New Albany at Bloomington South

Seymour at South Dearborn

BNL at Martinsville

Whiteland

Male

Norwell

New Albany