Covington at Indy Washington 

Crawfordsville at Attica 

LCC at Seeger 

Linton at Parke Heritage 

North Central at North Vermilion 

Riverton Parke at Pike Central 

Soutmont at Fountain Central

West Vigo at South Vermilion 

Covington @ Indy Washington - I don't know anything about Indy Washington, but I've heard that Covington looked below average during their scrimmage. I'll take Covington in a low scoring game

Crawfordsville @ Attica - I'm just glad Attica had enough to make a team! I'd hate to lose them in the WRC. Crawfordsville wins this one

LCC @ Seeger - LCC wins in a blow out 

Linton @ PH - I've also heard that the Wolves won't be as bad as some people are thinking they'll be. But Linton is Linton and they win this one by as many as they want

NC @ NV - NV is my pick to win the WRC this year. I think the kid they have at quarterback might be one of the best athletes in the conference this year. NC also lost a lot of really got skill players.. NV wins big 

RP @ PC - Is it the Panthers year?? Rumor is that they had some move ins from the Terre Haute this year and they looked pretty good in their scrimmage. I think RP will be a top three team this year and their running back is a stud. RP wins 

Southmont @ FC - I'd like to see how King has the Mustangs looking this year.. Heard they are low on numbers and Southmont is the real deal. They did not lose much last year. I hope the Hall of Famer can get FC back on track. Southmont wins this one

WV @ SV - SV lost a ton last year but I'm hearing that Garzolini's brother is playing qb as a sophomore and might even be better than is big brother.. If thats the case I'm taking SV in this one. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I reckon I’ll do this and see if there’s any WRC fans left 

Covington at Indy Washington 

Crawfordsville at Attica 

LCC at Seeger 

Linton at Parke Heritage 

North Central at North Vermilion 

Riverton Parke at Pike Central 

Soutmont at Fountain Central

West Vigo at South Vermilion 

Covington @ Indy Washington - City speed vs. Beef House speed.  I'll take city speed.  Indy Washington used to be a cool place to visit.  It is a historic stadium for watching Indy football.

Crawfordsville @ Attica - U-g-l-y this ain't got no alibi, it's ugly.  Yeah, it's ugly.  Take the Athenians and tell Donnie Baker hello while you're there.

LCC @ Seeger - This will be over early, like maybe 7:05.  The Knights by as many as they want.

Linton @ Parke Heritage - The Liptons return too much talent for the Woofs to handle.  

North Central @ North Vermillion - I'll take this is NC Farmersburg and not NC Indy.  If it's NCF I'll take NV with a running clock in the 2nd half.

Riverton Parke @ Pike Central - I'll jump on the bandwagon and take RP over PC.  If you keep saying this is the year, one year you just might be right.

Southmont @ Fountain Central - The Dudley Do-Rights spoil the recent Hall of Fame inductees debut with the Mustangs.

West Vigo @ South Vermillion - It looks like Vermillion County might be the hotbed of the WRC this season.  I'll take SV.

Good luck to all teams.  You're all undefeated until Friday around 10:00 PM.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

Covington @ Indy Washington - City speed vs. Beef House speed.  I'll take city speed.  Indy Washington used to be a cool place to visit.  It is a historic stadium for watching Indy football.

lol, Beef House speed.  I hear the quality at the actual Beef House has fallen over the last several years.  

Covington at Indy Washington  -  Flip a coin, Ill take the Men of Troy

Crawfordsville at Attica - Crawfordsville, because someone has to win

LCC at Seeger - LCC, running clock

Linton at Parke Heritage - Linton, running clock

North Central at North Vermilion - Falcons prove to be the stronger bird

Riverton Parke at Pike Central - Lot of hype about RP, but its a LONG drive to Pike County, Pikers in a close one

Southmont at Fountain Central - Mounties

West Vigo at South Vermilion -SV, hearing WV has a lot of work to do. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Muda69 said:

lol, Beef House speed.  I hear the quality at the actual Beef House has fallen over the last several years.  

I haven't been for a while.  Too many good places nearby and the BH isn't worth the 75-minute drive.  I like to make the trip to Michigantown to the Angry Donkey.

• Like 1

Figured it's time to make my picks...

Covington @ Indy Washington - Pick it. No clue about either team. The Trojans lost a ton of talent and got a new head coach in the off-season. The Continentals traditionally struggle playing teams outside of Indianapolis. Good thing the game is in Indianapolis. Continentals get the home field advantage, 28-27.

Crawfordsville @ Attica - Both programs struggled last year. Both have new head coaches. May be more of the same this year for both teams. The Red Ramblers keep throwing guys out there. But I'm taking the road team in this one. C-Ville by two scores, 18-6.

Lafayette Central Catholic @ Seeger - Heard it's been kind of hectic in Patriot land this off-season. Yet another new WRC head coach. LCC by as much as they want, and maybe a little more than that, 48-7.

Linton @ Parke Heritage - New head coach (New WRC coach #4, if you're keeping track), New offense and No more Johnsons on the field for the Woolfs. Last year this would have been a Dog Fight... That was last year. Miners by as much as they want, 45-0. 

North Central (Farmersburg) @ North Vermillion - The Thunderbirds had a heck of a run at the end of the season last year. But a lot of those guys are gone. The Falcons returned quite a few kids this year. From what I'm reading and hearing, they should be one of the teams to beat in the WRC. Look for this game to be close early, but the Falcons pull away in the end, 35-14.

Riverton Parke @ Pike Central - Panthers surprised some people (*see Covington) at the end of last season too, and I heard looked impressive at their scrimmage. Is this is the year? We shall see. Their RB is a stud! The Chargers are the bigger school, but haven't won more than 4 games in a season since antiquity. Another road team with the win, 24-12

Southmont @ Fountain Central - Another "new" WRC coach. Although this one's been around the block a few times. How many kids do the Mustangs actually have? I've seen conflicting reports. The Mounties looked impressive over the summer. They win going away, 28-7.

West Vigo @ South Vermillion - Vikings have a new coach (although they're not in the WRC) and new offense. The Wildcats look to continue what they've been doing with their former QB's little brother at the helm. This used to be an annually played game, with the Vikings usually taking the win. But I'll take the Wildcats, although it'll be closer than they want it to be, 35-24.

• Like 1

Well I missed 3 picks. Not a surprise that the Ponies lost but the score was. 
I picked Pike Centrals because they are 3A and it was a long trip but they’ve been bad for years. Nice game for RP. 
Covington was the biggest surprise for me. 
Attica dressed 13 with 5 not dressed.

Liptons big win was expected. The Woofs best players moved or went back to their ode schools. Plus The Legend left. 
I thought both of the Vermilions would’ve won bigger. Maybe @Woody Hayes will make an appearance. 
Seegers kept it closer than anyone expected. I think that’s all. Any input from anyone else? I gotta go 

5 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Well I missed 3 picks. Not a surprise that the Ponies lost but the score was. 
I picked Pike Centrals because they are 3A and it was a long trip but they’ve been bad for years. Nice game for RP. 
Covington was the biggest surprise for me. 
Attica dressed 13 with 5 not dressed.

Liptons big win was expected. The Woofs best players moved or went back to their ode schools. Plus The Legend left. 
I thought both of the Vermilions would’ve won bigger. Maybe @Woody Hayes will make an appearance. 
Seegers kept it closer than anyone expected. I think that’s all. Any input from anyone else? I gotta go 

Ol' Seegers might be tough as the season goes on. Eyewitness reports say they hung tough in the first half until they ran out of steam in the 2nd half. 

Eyewitness reports say the Ramblin' Boys of Attica are in for a long season after the showing they had last night. The Ponies of Veedersburg might have the same.

That's all I got....

• Thanks 1