Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (9/10)

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

I liken it to Sagarins' ratings but with a human computer...

You also have to beat decent teams.  Does a 2-2 LN team whose best wins are over the worst MIC/HCC team REALLY deserve to be ranked?

(He’d really be pissed if he saw the 1A/2A teams I have honorable mention.)

Edited by temptation

How exactly do you handle island conferences since there are no “common opponents” that they can play. I see you had two from the SAC, but none from the SIAC. 

Truthfully, I don’t care if a team is on the list or not, ultimately, their play will do their talking. I’m just wondering though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

How exactly do you handle island conferences since there are no “common opponents” that they can play. I see you had two from the SAC, but none from the SIAC. 

Truthfully, I don’t care if a team is on the list or not, ultimately, their play will do their talking. I’m just wondering though. 

I feel like I know what I’m getting in the SAC with proven programs like Snider and Dwenger.  They are in the upper echelon annually in 5A.  Always ranked or on the doorstep of being ranked.

I then use their margins of victory/defeat to get a feel for the Carroll’s, Homestead’s and North Side’s of the world.

As for the SIAC, I don’t know what to think.  I’ve had 6 SIAC teams in my honorable mention at some point in the first four weeks and currently have Castle at #38, Vincennes Lincoln at #41 and Evansville Reitz at #44.

Seems like a lot of parity this year and I feel Mater Dei, Jasper and Memorial are on the doorstep of honorable mention (51-60 range) currently.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

As for the SIAC, I don’t know what to think.  I’ve had 6 SIAC teams in my honorable mention at some point in the first four weeks and currently have Castle at #38, Vincennes Lincoln at #41 and Evansville Reitz at #44.

Seems like a lot of parity this year and I feel Mater Dei, Jasper and Memorial are on the doorstep of honorable mention (51-60 range) currently.

I really don’t understand this then, because Castle lost to MD (unranked) and Reitz beat Lincoln in their yard who then turned around and beat MD. Castle plays Lincoln at Castle this week, so that should provide a little more clarity there.  

I get it. I don’t know northern football, so I would most likely have a southern bias as I am from down here and know the teams better. It’s ok. Nothing asked nothing gained. 

Thanks for explaining that. 

12 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I really don’t understand this then, because Castle lost to MD (unranked) and Reitz beat Lincoln in their yard who then turned around and beat MD. Castle plays Lincoln at Castle this week, so that should provide a little more clarity there.  

I get it. I don’t know northern football, so I would most likely have a southern bias as I am from down here and know the teams better. It’s ok. Nothing asked nothing gained. 

Thanks for explaining that. 

I’m probably inflating Castle and Lincoln a bit then because they lost to Mater Dei when I had Mater Dei as a fringe top 25 team.  With each Mater Dei loss, a win over them loses more luster.

I see your point too though.  It’s splitting hairs.

Edited by temptation

14 hours ago, temptation said:

Yeah, he’s right.  You’re salty.

“Weird I had to spell that out to you”

I asked a normal question and you had to talk down to me in your response for some reason. That’s what made me upset. I simply matched your energy from there on out.

Lighten up old man, try to enjoy the remaining years you have instead of being rude to people on the internet.

Edited by Bears62

18 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It’s calpreps  they track every HS game in the US and can project matchups across state lines. 

To be fair, Calpreps, in the early part of the season, isn't a great current season indicator.  When you catch it early, you are actually catching some cross influence of last season as opposed to solely on the current season.  They themselves don't start doing their projections until about halfway through the Indiana football season.  From their own website:

image.thumb.png.4ab4357ce61198ed27fbc9b3519854ef.png

Just now, Bears62 said:

I asked a normal question and you had to talk down to me in your response for some reason. That’s what made me upset. I simply matched your energy from there on out.

Lighten up old man, try to enjoy the remaining years you have instead of being rude to people on the internet.

You asked politely and then went off the rails ripping a 3A school by stating your opinions as fact while showing your agenda.

“These teams would beat Gibson Southern.”  A definitive statement with zero basis in fact.

Then get called on it and flip the script attempting to paint yourself as some sort of victim.

(And, I’m not as old as you think.)

1 hour ago, Bears62 said:

You mean like calling someone "ignorant" when you have a differing opinion than them?

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

On 9/10/2022 at 7:43 PM, Bears62 said:

THS only has 1 loss because they play pretty bad teams. And they are coming off 1-9 and 2-8 seasons… they’re a bad program.

That is a great win and a game I didn’t think they’d win.

Chatard is better than both, 100%. I could see GS and Chatard having a somewhat competitive game. West Lafayette is worse than they were last year. But GS is not hanging around with Roncalli like Chatard did, I’m sorry.

I don’t assume anything based on class. I go by results and who people play. GS is great and punch above their weight easily. They’re no doubt one of the 5 best teams in 3a this year. But 3a is very watered down this year, similarly to how 5a is but not quite as much.

I would concur with that, at least in these first few weeks, but I don't think that precludes them getting close by the end of the season.  The question will be whether they can survive the season intact using Mullis as the "big back" running the ball.  He's a good-sized QB and with LCC and Western, along with the two 5A schools on the schedule, behind them the risk is less.

17 hours ago, foxbat said:

To be fair, Calpreps, in the early part of the season, isn't a great current season indicator.  When you catch it early, you are actually catching some cross influence of last season as opposed to solely on the current season.  They themselves don't start doing their projections until about halfway through the Indiana football season.  From their own website:

image.thumb.png.4ab4357ce61198ed27fbc9b3519854ef.png

For what it’s worth….both Massey and Maxpreps also have GS/WL similarly ranked as the 6A schools mentioned.

the only one that’s really messed up right now from recency is Sagarin.  GS was beating Washington who is ranked as one of the worst in the state 57-6….and then the backups gave up a KR td and had a fumble that went for a TD. Final score of 57-20.  Between that and an out of state game Sagarin has dropped GS by 15 points in the last 2 weeks despite the wins.  Now has them ranked 9th while maxpreps and others have them at 1/2 

im not saying GS absolutely beats these teams…but at the same time, outside of like 10/15 schools in the state…Nobody has any business claiming it would be a definite W.

I say if these 6A schools and their fans think they are actually better, then they should call up GS and schedule the game.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

For what it’s worth….both Massey and Maxpreps also have GS/WL similarly ranked as the 6A schools mentioned.

the only one that’s really messed up right now from recency is Sagarin.  GS was beating Washington who is ranked as one of the worst in the state 57-6….and then the backups gave up a KR td and had a fumble that went for a TD. Final score of 57-20.  Between that and an out of state game Sagarin has dropped GS by 15 points in the last 2 weeks despite the wins.  Now has them ranked 9th while maxpreps and others have them at 1/2 

im not saying GS absolutely beats these teams…but at the same time, outside of like 10/15 schools in the state…Nobody has any business claiming it would be a definite W.

I say if these 6A schools and their fans think they are actually better, then they should call up GS and schedule the game.  

Right now, its just ONE "fan."  Another "the MIC invented high school football" type.

• Like 1