Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Section 24 Thread

I would like to suggest that the crew who did our game consider investing in WR gloves or old fashioned stick-um. Have never seen more drops and fumbles just getting the ball passed from sideline to spot. Must have all been lineman in HS...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Screagle said:

I’m not an SIAC historian but I’m not sure there’s been many runs like the one the Tigers are on. 

2016 sectional 

2017 state 

2018 semi state 

2019 state 

2021 regional 

2022 sectional …. TBD 

it is time to take a look at strengthening ERMHS schedule.  on a year by year basis, take a look at the top 2-3 teams at the  SIAC and leave them on the schedule.  take the rest of your schedule and get tough teams from out of town.  this would be good for indiana football and raise the profile of the siac.  

• Haha 2

This was my Memorial preview, so I'm posting it here, so it doesn't go to waste: 

Memorial

Offense: 

PPG: 26.8 

Passing: 178.6 YPG/ 1965 yards, 63.9CP%/ 11.4 YP/ 18TD/12INT
Rushing: 139 YPG/ 1529 yards/ 5.2 YPC (295 carries)/ 21 TDs 

Totals: 317.6 YPG/ 3494 yards/ 5.5 yards per play (632 total plays) 

Defense: 

PPG (allowed): 16.0

Passing (allowed): 111.1 YPG (1222 yards)/ 53 CP%(105/199)/ 11.64 YPC

Rushing (allowed): 141.5 YPG (1557 yards)/ 4.34 YPC on 358 carries 

Totals (allowed): 252.6 YPG/ 2779 yards/ 4.26 yards per play (652 total plays) 

Semi-Final Recap 

Since Week 1 and in seasons prior, this game has always been anticipated in the postseason, as Jasper and Memorial finally met in a postseason game. Back at the beginning of the season, Jasper downed Memorial 34-10, in a somewhat surprising score, however, the Tigers were missing half their team due to injuries or other reasons. 10 weeks later, these 2 teams look mighty different, as Memorial was rolling after returning key players after Week 3, and Jasper on a 4-game winning streak after starting 2-3. Everyone knew that this game was going to be a slugfest from the get-go. Right at the beginning of the game, Jasper drove straight down to the Memorial 15, after starting at their own 31 yard line. However, Jasper would have to settle for an FG, in which Jasper K Kabrick sneaks one in for 33 yards, to give Jasper a 3-0 lead around the ~8:40 mark in the 4Q. Memorial would get good field position at their own 30-yard line, from a good return to start their drive. A few plays later, Memorial was already down to the Jasper 28-yard line, 1st and 10. 1 play, 1 TD, as Memorial’s RB Rode scores 28 yards out for Memorial’s first lead of the night, 7-3 ~7:26 minute mark in the 1Q. For the rest of the quarter, Jasper had the ball and with a 4th and 5 coming up around mid, Jasper was setting up for a punt. But those tricky Wildcats, as they faked the punt to run it down to the Memorial 32. And a couple of plays later, Jasper QB Young would throw it into the EZ to WR Bair for a 24-yard TD to retake the lead and end the quarter up 10-7. Nothing much happened in the 2nd quarter as it was pretty much a defensive quarter between the 2 teams. However, there were back-to-back drives where Memorial went for it on 4th and 5, and Jasper went for it on 4th and 14, but both teams didn’t convert. And some punts later, Jasper would enter the locker rooms up 10-7 with Memorial getting the ball in the 2H. Start of the 2H, it only took Memorial 24 seconds to retake the lead as WR/QB Ellspermann threw to WR Collins for a 70-yard TD to the house to retake the lead 14-10 ~11:34 minute mark in the 3Q. The sidelines were quiet on the Jasper side, as Memorial’s side was roaring in cheers. Jasper’s first offensive drive went nowhere as Jasper would punt a bomb to pin Memorial on Memorial’s own 3-yard line. Which a stop would give Jasper excellent field position. On a 2nd 4 on the Memorial 9, RB Rode would run it 91 yards to the house untouched for Memorial to make the score 21-10 with 8:45 left in the 3Q. Luckily for the Wildcats, they would get a very good return to the Memorial 46 to start their drive and in excellent field position. Jasper would use these next 7 minutes to run off time from the clock and score 3 yards out by Kabrick, would also convert the 2-point conversion to slim the lead down to 21-18 with 1:15 left in the 3Q. In the beginning of the 4th Quarter Memorial would have the ball across midfield in Jasper’s territory and facing a 3rd and 9. However, Memorial QB Fisher would throw the ball in the hands of Jasper DB Leinenbach and it felt like the tide was turning for the JCats. The Wildcats were facing a 3rd and 10 with around 9:50 left, the WildCats thought they converted the first down, but the ball was peanut-punched into the hands of Memorial’s WR/LB Collins for a Memorial recovery to end Jasper’s drive. From this would be a back-and-forth punt situation with the clock running down. After some time, Jasper would get the ball back after a massive sack from DE Senninger to force Memorial to punt deep in their EZ. Jasper would get the ball back, but while QB Young was scrambling he threw it into the hands of DB Draper to essentially end the game/season for the Wildcats. Well, that is what they thought, as Memorial decided to go 4th and inches from their own 21 and was stopped by the Wildcats. However, poor time management from the JCats would prove pivotal, as they only had 1 second to snap the ball for a game-tying field goal. Snap, kick, and tipped by a Memorial defender to send the kick wide to the left. Cheers erupted from the Memorial side, as they finally snapped their 3-game losing streak to the Wildcats and secured their 7th straight sectional championship appearance. Like 812 says on Twitter, Hurley doesn’t lose in October, however, in a surprising turn of events, the Tigers would face Pioneers, after Boonville upsets the undefeated Reitz team in an explosive matchup. 

On 11/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, TigerFan20 said:

To be fair I was mainly looking at the players on the field  not pointing the direction, I did not pay attention to the sideline. Also, do you have that video too?

Maybe Reitz should’ve prepared more for Boonville than they supposedly did.

12 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Maybe Reitz should’ve prepared more for Boonville than they supposedly did.

That is true, someone said on here all they did was throw the ball in the 2H and hoped one of the receivers would catch it after Burnett went down. And other factors where involved that game too. But I agree, Reitz didn’t have an answer to QB Conner that night since he has over 330+ yards in total offense 

However, I am glad we were able to contain Boonville for most of night and  the defense had another great night too, especially on the DL. Made the necessary adjustments on Boonville’s rushing attack. Very happy we have another week of Tiger Football, onto the Trojans!

Edited by TigerFan20

On 11/4/2022 at 10:24 PM, Screagle said:

I’m not an SIAC historian but I’m not sure there’s been many runs like the one the Tigers are on. 

2016 sectional 

2017 state 

2018 semi state 

2019 state 

2021 regional 

2022 sectional …. TBD 

Pretty impressive. Don't forget 22 straight wins, which is the longest win streak in SW Ind in quite a while

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I don’t think they practiced or prepared as much for Boonville as they normally would.  Call it a hunch.

This has to be a joke right? A tradition rich program like Reitz  decides to cut practice/preparation during sectional semi-final week?? Nah

On 11/5/2022 at 11:38 PM, hick said:

This has to be a joke right? A tradition rich program like Reitz  decides to cut practice/preparation during sectional semi-final week?? Nah

Maybe more of a feeling that Reitz looked past Boonville. Having seen what Reitz was capable of doing on either side of the ball, and seeing what they did (or more correctly, didn't do against Boonville), I myself wonder if the Panthers hadn't overlooked the Pioneers a little bit.