Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

A Great Weekend Coming Up

Seems there are an unusual number of Week 9 big games coming up. 6A is the headliner, of course, with the top 4 teams in action against one another. But there are big games all around the state. East Central vs. Roncalli is quite a matchup. Here in the Region, Hanover Central & Calumet, two resurgent programs, fight it out for the GSSC title. Both are 8-0. Kokomo and Jeff ought to be another good one. And I have to get a plug in for what’s happening to the East of us. Div. 1 #2 and defending champ Lakewood St. Edward travels to Cincinnati to take on #1 Archbishop Moeller.

What big game do you have your eye on?

• Like 1

Cathedral at Center Grove is always a big game, and I won't be there.  I had eye surgery, cataracts, Wednesday and all is fine but I've been told it's too soon not to be our in the night air so soon.  I'll have my other one done after football season, and I'll be able to see the games as well as the officials.☺️

Seems like on the play that the Brownsburg field goal attempt was blocked, 2 Hamilton SE players were offsides (to the kicking team's left). No ref was on that side . . . seems like he was posted under the goalposts to judge the accuracy of the kick. Bob, in a situation like this, is it up the the side judge on the other side to "police" the whole line of scrimmage? -thx

9 hours ago, fenderbender said:

EC said about 5 times in post games on radio and YouTube  that they are looking forward to next game against Roncalli.  

Mullet presumption of Roncalli getting back there. Disrespect to Sectional 24. However, the IHSAA wizards gave EC their own holiday invitational sectional. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

Mullet presumption of Roncalli getting back there. Disrespect to Sectional 24. However, the IHSAA wizards gave EC their own holiday invitational sectional. 

Outside of the Indy Metro, any Sectional south of I-70 and east of I-65 with East Central as a participant IS by definition an East Central Invitational.  They are the dominant team in any class for that quarter of the State - in any class.  

The almost annual Roncalli/East Central (or Chatard/East Central in those years Roncalli was unavailable) is a great game for Indiana HS football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Outside of the Indy Metro, any Sectional south of I-70 and east of I-65 with East Central as a participant IS by definition an East Central Invitational.  They are the dominant team in any class for that quarter of the State - in any class.  

The almost annual Roncalli/East Central (or Chatard/East Central in those years Roncalli was unavailable) is a great game for Indiana HS football.

I’ve seen the EC/Roncalli game many times. Fun games to watch. I know first hand dating back to the Rod Ballart/Bruce Scifres days both programs have tremendous respect for each other and they like playing. We are all the beneficiaries of this with great games to entertain us. A lot of people are understandably penciling in Roncalli as the 4A champs, but we have six weeks of Football left in Indiana, let’s enjoy the hell out of it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’ve seen the EC/Roncalli game many times. Fun games to watch. I know first hand dating back to the Rod Ballart/Bruce Scifres days both programs have tremendous respect for each other and they like playing. We are all the beneficiaries of this with great games to entertain us. A lot of people are understandably penciling in Roncalli as the 4A champs, but we have six weeks of Football left in Indiana, let’s enjoy the hell out of it. 

It’s always a great game.  As much as I admire Roncalli, I am of the opinion East Central will have to wait until next year for a Roncalli rematch.  I think New Pal is likely the team to beat this year in a strong, resurgent 4A.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lysander said:

It’s always a great game.  As much as I admire Roncalli, I am of the opinion East Central will have to wait until next year for a Roncalli rematch.  I think New Pal is likely the team to beat this year in a strong, resurgent 4A.  

You reckon Brebeuf plays into the mix in the sectional?

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Roncalli will have to really work to get out of sectional in two years with BJ and Mooresville.  Big drop off in Jr class  

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Depends on what kind of QB play they get.  To beat Roncalli they will have to throw a lot.  They could give Mooresville problems 

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I could see them taking down Mooresville certainly but I don’t think they have the horses to handle Roncalli……that said, I ate a lot of crow after the Roncalli/Mt. Vernon game last year.  Still consider that a monster upset.

On 10/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

Probably not. The game against Mooresville looks like a fun matchup on paper. I’m interested in seeing how the braves match up in a 4a sectional for the first time.

Roncalli showed during the regular season that they can simply run their game plan and grind down Brebeuf in the second half. Brebeuf is a couple horses short of having the depth to compete in the trenches with the top teams in the state. 

Plus, there’s no guarantee that matchup happens. I don’t know much about northview, but mooresville is more than capable of advancing to the finals from the top side of the bracket. 

• Like 1