Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Off Season 2023

Bobref

In just 2 weeks, after the dust has settled from the Super Bowl, we’ll be in the 2023 off season. Story lines abound. Some coaches need to be hired. Free agency is coming up. Teams are positioning themselves for the Draft. Some to rebuild — others just to reload. What will happen with Tom Brady? Aaron Rogers? Lamar Jackson? Who will coach the Colts? Going to be a very busy next 5 months or so until training camps start.

What are the questions you want to see answered, the story lines you want to see developed?

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

When will the NFL replace human refs with drones, and all the on-field calls will be made by "New York"?

Unfortunately, the ability to replay plays, slo-mo, and infinite camera angles have outstripped the capabilities of 7 officials watching 22 very large, very fast and athletic human beings spread out over a large area, and intending to do violence to one another. Sure, the officials can do better … but only marginally. They’re human, and they are the best in the world at what they do. But they can’t see everything 22 cameras can, and they can’t take the time to review every call or no call in slo-mo from numerous angles. It’s just expecting too much.

But before you decide to turn NFL officiating over to automation, remember The Law of Unintended Consequences.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

But before you decide to turn NFL officiating over to automation, remember The Law of Unintended Consequences.

I never said I supported such automation, was just wondering when it would finally happen.

It just seem like more and more calls are being overturned, or made outright, by this mysterious group often just referred to as "New York" in these broadcasts.  

https://operations.nfl.com/officiating/instant-replay/replay-assistance-rule/

They are slowly taking over the game.

Heard this one this morning:

• 49ers trade Trey Lance to the Titans
  • Brock Purdy becomes the 49ers’ backup, as he takes a full season to get back from his ulnar collateral ligament surgery. He is the heir apparent for 2024.
  • 49ers sign Tom Brady at a hefty discount … and win the Super Bowl.

Change my mind.

Heard this one this morning:

• 49ers trade Trey Lance to the Titans
  • Brock Purdy becomes the 49ers’ backup, as he takes a full season to get back from his ulnar collateral ligament surgery. He is the heir apparent for 2024.
  • 49ers sign Tom Brady at a hefty discount … and win the Super Bowl.

Change my mind.

Where is Mr. Garoppolo in this equation? I believe he is a free agent now. 

The 49er's offensive line shouldn't exactly inspire confidence in old Mr. Brady.  After all wasn't it that o-line who allowed three of it's quarterbacks to get seriously injured?

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Where is Mr. Garoppolo in this equation? I believe he is a free agent now. 

The 49er's offensive line shouldn't exactly inspire confidence in old Mr. Brady.  After all wasn't it that o-line who allowed three of it's quarterbacks to get seriously injured?

The 49ers have a Top 10 offensive line.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-by-positional-unit/

Man. I really wanted him to come back with the Niners, win the Super Bowl, and stick it to his ex-wife for all the divorced men across the country. 

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

First we lose "Big Tom" Callahan a few years ago, and now Tom Brady.  It will never the same.....

#legends

image.png.c02ed4765fc39b17ff5683188a0799d4.png

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

I'll agree.....

now, if he can learn to read defenses, make sound decisions and execute........

Exactly what they said about Hurts … and look what he grew into. Fields can do the same … and will ultimately be better than Hurts.

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Exactly what they said about Hurts … and look what he grew into. Fields can do the same … and will ultimately be better than Hurts.

Time will tell....that would certainly separate him from recent Ohio State QB's playing in the NFL.  I do appreciate your hope and passion for your team.

Hurts lost his O Coordinator....we shall see what impact that has...if any.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Time will tell....that would certainly separate him from recent Ohio State QB's playing in the NFL.  I do appreciate your hope and passion for your team.

Hurts lost his O Coordinator....we shall see what impact that has...if any.

Most important nonplayer in the Bears organization right now: Andrew Janocko, QB coach.Fields needs to work on accuracy, which starts with mechanics.

5173CD45-951B-4016-8438-014129BA14D7.webp

• Like 1