Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carmel Drops CG!

50 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yes, I did.  I don't understand why that makes you so angry.

Again, life throws you curveballs at times, and CG is not immune.

Why is it a good thing?  I care about the strict integrity of the IHSAA state tournament, and what is means to actually participate in it.  And that at times may require tough rules.  Get used to it.  You obviously don't.

I am an angry guy that lacks integrity.  OK....You must be a true peach during dinner time conversations.  Your deliberate attempt to label people that have a different view reminds me of a politician or the average 15 year old on Twitter.

Enough of following you into your rabbit hole.  How about I just consider myself lucky that you don't lead the IHSAA or I don't sit at your dinner table?  Can we agree on this?

BTW, thank you for the life lesson...😄

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I am an angry guy that lacks integrity. 

Your deliberate attempt to label people that have a different view reminds me of a politician or the average 15 year old on Twitter.

I just said your angry and probably don't really care about the integrity of the IHSAA.   Not your personal integrity.  Stop taking things so personally Bash.  

I don't have a Twitter account and never will, so I can't comment on the average 15 year old on that service.  Why do you converse with 15-year old's on Twitter?

Enough of following you into your rabbit hole.  How about I just consider myself lucky that you don't lead the IHSAA or I don't sit at your dinner table?  Can we agree on this?

I believe I would make a good IHSAA commissioner.   Probably doesn't pay enough though.

BTW, thank you for the life lesson...😄

You are welcome.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Then the IHSAA needs to step in and help them. It isn’t CG’s fault teams will not play. That’s pretty much stating that you can get a group together to not play a certain school because you don’t want to compete against them in the tournament. By the way, I do not think that is an actual rule.

That's kind of my thought on this.  It's not like CG ran away from or gamed the system.  On the other side of the coin, folks would be flipping their wigs if, to avoid having to find stout out-of-state competition, CG loaded their schedule with a bunch of in-state 2A/3A schools with an open week of play and maybe a promise of the gates.  That doesn't help anyone.

If that's going to be a rule, then the IHSAA needs to step in, decommission all of the current conferences, and go to districts with assigned membership.  I'm sure that'll go over like a lead balloon. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

In a way it is.  

If you can prove there has been actual collusion going on between multiple Indiana high hchool A.D.'s to deny Center Grove football contests then by all means provide that proof to the IHSAA.  Otherwise the IHSAA should stay out of it, the last time I checked they were not in the business of scheduling regular season athletic contests.

It is not.  But it should be.

So you’re telling me you don’t want CG in the tournament? Why? How would that benefit you or the IHSAA? You want those kids at CG to suffer because adults made decisions that seem ridiculous to me.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Bobref said:

Why?

Because in the IHSAA tournament you will only be playing IHSAA member schools, correct?  Therefore IMHO the majority of your regular season competition should be against those IHSAA member schools.  Otherwise go play in some other states' tournament.

14 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

So you’re telling me you don’t want CG in the tournament? Why? 

Not with it's current 2023 schedule, no.  And I expressed my reasoning in a previous post.

Sorry for the children but also as I stated before life isn't fair.  Get used to it.

21 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

IMHO the majority of your regular season competition should be against those IHSAA member schools

Sounds like circular reasoning to me. “Schools should have to play the majority of their games against IHSAA member schools in order to play in the IHSAA tournament. Why? Because in my opinion they should.” So, I’ll ask again. Why should there be such a requirement? As long as a school is an IHSAA member in good standing, and the IHSAA maintains a “hands-off” approach to regular season scheduling, why should there be such a requirement?

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Sounds like circular reasoning to me. “Schools should have to play the majority of their games against IHSAA member schools in order to play in the IHSAA tournament. Why? Because in my opinion they should.” So, I’ll ask again. Why should there be such a requirement? As long as a school is an IHSAA member in good standing, and the IHSAA maintains a “hands-off” approach to regular season scheduling, why should there be such a requirement?

Because IMHO if you want to be an IHSAA state champion you should then play predominately other IHSAA member schools during the regular season.  If the IHSSA would adopt this rule then its approach to regular season scheduling would not longer be as  much "hand-off", would it?

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

If the IHSSA would adopt this rule then its approach to regular season scheduling would not longer be as  much "hand-off", would it?

And there’s the rub. In effect, the IHSAA would be saying “You have to play 5 games against IHSAA members, but we can’t force anyone to play you who doesn’t want to.” How is that workable?

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

And there’s the rub. In effect, the IHSAA would be saying “You have to play 5 games against IHSAA members, but we can’t force anyone to play you who doesn’t want to.” How is that workable?

It usually does work.  It's not the IHSAA's fault that CG has become some kind of football scheduling pariah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Given that, under current conditions, the season actually has no real impact on the post-season, outside of nine weeks of "simulated playoff football," and that includes no impact, in addition to plain old qualification, to even the issues of seeding, byes, locations, etc., it frankly would seem that who one plays in the season before post-season doesn't really matter ... outside of the general idea of "getting ready" for post season.  Now, if we got to seeding or qualification, etc. then there may be an argument to be entertained, but that's not very likely to happen as those ping pong balls have a half-life of around 50 years or so.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

It usually does work.  It's not the IHSAA's fault that CG has become some kind of football scheduling pariah.

Would CG football be such a "pariah" if they hadn't won 3 straight 6A state championships and 4 straight trips to the 6A state finals?  Why are teams scheduling them in every other sport, but not football.?

So you believe they should be punished and unable to defend their state title through no fault of their own?

No more quotes about "life isn't fair"....that requires next to no thought.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Why be a member of the IHSAA if you are not going to schedule games against other IHSAA schools?

that is a complete mistatement.  They do play other IHSAA schools in every sport other than football.  And their desire is to play in-state school for football.  They are resorting to out of state to try and build a 9 game schedule.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Would CG football be such a "pariah" if they hadn't won 3 straight 6A state championships and 4 straight trips to the 6A state finals?  Why are teams scheduling them in every other sport, but not football.?

So you believe they should be punished and unable to defend their state title through no fault of their own?

No more quotes about "life isn't fair"....that requires next to no thought.

Should they be punished for 3 straight 6A state championships?  No, I don't believe they should.  But other IHSAA member school A.D.'s seem to feel differently.   

Do you believe the IHSAA should step in and force other member schools to schedule CG football?

And life isn't fair, regardless of how little thought you believe it takes.  Admitting such is along the path to wisdom.

• Disdain 1

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Should they be punished for 3 straight 6A state championships?  No, I don't believe they should.  But other IHSAA member school A.D.'s seem to feel differently.   

Do you believe the IHSAA should step in and force other member schools to schedule CG football?

And life isn't fair, regardless of how little thought you believe it takes.  Admitting such is along the path to wisdom.

You still haven’t gotten around to answering the original question. Let me phrase it a little differently. You make rules in an attempt to accomplish a purpose. What purpose of Indiana high school football is served by excluding a school from the tournament for this reason?

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You still haven’t gotten around to answering the original question. Let me phrase it a little differently. You make rules in an attempt to accomplish a purpose. What purpose of Indiana high school football is served by excluding a school from the tournament for this reason?

Encourage the competitive inclusion of member schools to schedule games/contests again each other and not non-IHSAA member schools.

32 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

the life isn't fair response (in my opinion) is intellectually lazy, (no offense intended) unless one can confirm no other options exist.  You being close-minded to those options (such as playing schools out of state) doesn't mean they shouldn't be explored.  A path to wisdom is also being open-minded and considering all alternatives.  Your arbitrary selection of 5 in-state and 4 out of state schools being acceptable, just not the other way around is logically perplexing to me. 4 out of state ok...5 out of state not ok.

Other high school AD's think they should be punished in football, but not other sports....other sports in which they are also very competitive and have also won state championships.  Should other HS AD's have the power to determine if CG does not get the opportunity to play post-season and defend their title?  According to your logic, 5 AD's can, but not 4 AD's. 

Do I believe other schools should be "forced" to play CG?  I think its case by case.  I understand BD to a certain extent dropping CG for a season to play IMG.  Do you think a school should be allowed to drop an in-state school to play an out of state academy for money?  (football factory)  In the case of Carmel, yes, I think the IHSAA should quit smooching Carmel's buttocks and made both schools resolve their issues.  This was purely a political move by Carmel and the IHSAA chose to play the game with the Greyhound administration.  

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

the life isn't fair response (in my opinion) is intellectually lazy, (no offense intended) unless one can confirm no other options exist. 

Yeah, maybe lazy.  But mostly true nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Your arbitrary selection of 5 in-state and 4 out of state schools being acceptable, just not the other way around is logically perplexing to me. 4 out of state ok...5 out of state not ok.

Five games was not an arbitrary selection.  In a 9 game regular season 5 games constitutes the majority (> 50%) of that that season.  Hence my choosing fives games, so that schools have to play the majority of their regular season games against other IHSAA schools.   

4 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Should other HS AD's have the power to determine if CG does not get the opportunity to play post-season and defend their title? 

If my 5-game proposal along with no other scheduling proposals would be approved by the IHSAA executive board then yes,  they would have that collusion power.  

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yeah, maybe lazy.  But mostly true nonetheless.

Five games was not an arbitrary selection.  In a 9 game regular season 5 games constitutes the majority (> 50%) of that that season.  Hence my choosing fives games, so that schools have to play the majority of their regular season games against other IHSAA schools.   

If my 5-game proposal along with no other scheduling proposals would be approved by the IHSAA executive board then yes,  they would have that collusion power.  

Following your logic, CG should be just fine, as 5 in-state games were originally scheduled.  They have zero control if 2 of those schools change their minds once the schedule was established.  (one for purely $$, one for politics)  No penalty for schools that fail to honor their original commitments?  You find that acceptable?

Interesting...your system would competitors to determine if schools are "in or out".  A great way to eliminate your main competition.  Politics rule!!  Long live collusion!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Following your logic, CG should be just fine, as 5 in-state games were originally scheduled.  They have zero control if 2 of those schools change their minds once the schedule was established.  (one for purely $$, one for politics)  No penalty for schools that fail to honor their original commitments?  You find that acceptable?

I'll leave that to the rules lawyers at the IHSAA to work out.   But in my mind scheduled <> played.  What ultimately should count is what teams take the field on that Friday night.

52 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Interesting...your system would competitors to determine if schools are "in or out".  A great way to eliminate your main competition.  Politics rule!!  Long live collusion!!

Schools, primarily government schools, are political entities.  Always have been, always will be.

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'll leave that to the rules lawyers at the IHSAA to work out.   But in my mind scheduled <> played.  What ultimately should count is what teams take the field on that Friday night.

Schools, primarily government schools, are political entities.  Always have been, always will be.

Doesn't mean that collusion should be the preferred way to run any organization...public or private

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Encourage the competitive inclusion of member schools to schedule games/contests again each other and not non-IHSAA member schools.

So you’d rather see CG fill their schedule with 3A/4A schools out of necessity to fit some sort of bogus standard you’ve created?

For years, folks clamored to see Indiana schools schedule elite out of state opponents and now that we have it, you’re making up this nonsense?

This entire CG is nothing more than hurt feelings, and if they were average on the gridiron would not even be a thing.

All adults involved should be embarrassed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1