Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carmel Drops CG!

34 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL, you’re lost.

Nothing like 3-4 weeks where you have running clocks.

Great for student athletes.

You don't understand Temp...that gives Muda the opportunity to start his other thread criticizing teams that win by large margins.

The Beast feeds itself.....

• Haha 7

If we were back on the points system for tournament eligibility, then I COULD POSSIBLY see Muda69's point about in-state schools.  But, currently, the regular season is meaningless in that regard.

The tournament is a totally separate IHSAA-controlled schedule, with no connection to the regular season.  If you win it you're champs!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not that I’m aware of, we did it a few times in Softball when I coached. I just did it to try and get the JV more games. Not sure you want to do something like that in Football with only nine games. 

Might also be quite embarrassing if your varsity gets running-clocked by your JV.  :classic_laugh:

Interesting logic program ... who would JV put in in the second half for that game?

16 hours ago, temptation said:

LOL, you’re lost.

Nothing like 3-4 weeks where you have running clocks.

Great for student athletes.

What 3A/4A A.D. or Coach in their right mind would willingly schedule Center Grove at the moment?  They either must believe than can make mucho $ at the gate or they are truly desperate.   

15 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

You don't understand Temp...that gives Muda the opportunity to start his other thread criticizing teams that win by large margins.

The Beast feeds itself.....

I haven't been compiling those statistics and posting them on the GID for several years now.  Frankly I got bored with it, but your statement may make me reconsider for the upcoming season.  Depends on how much time I have.

15 hours ago, gindie said:

If we were back on the points system for tournament eligibility, then I COULD POSSIBLY see Muda69's point about in-state schools.  But, currently, the regular season is meaningless in that regard.

The tournament is a totally separate IHSAA-controlled schedule, with no connection to the regular season.  If you win it you're champs!

So theoretically Center Grove, or any independent school for that matter, could choose not to schedule any regular season games, then be allowed to enter the IHSAA state tournament.

I'm liking Bob's long standing contention that Indiana needs a playoff qualification system more and more.

Edited by Muda69

10 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I misunderstood, I thought he meant your JV playing other varsity. 
Playing your own JV….nah one intra-squad scrimmage a year is more than plenty. 

Center Grove should send their B team to play in 5A.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I haven't been compiling those statistics and posting them on the GID for several years now.  Frankly I got bored with it, but your statement may make me reconsider for the upcoming season.  Depends on how much time I have.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

What 3A/4A A.D. or Coach in their right mind would willingly schedule Center Grove at the moment?  They either must believe than can make mucho $ at the gate or they are truly desperate.   

LOL, so screw CG at all costs huh?  

I said what I said..."you are lost."

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

So theoretically Center Grove, or any independent school for that matter, could choose not to schedule any regular season games, then be allowed to enter the IHSAA state tournament.

I'm liking Bob's long standing contention that Indiana needs a playoff qualification system more and more.

I was under the impression that IHSAA rules require a minimum number of regular season games to be eligible to participate in the tournament. But in a quick scan of the Bylaws and last year’s Fall Bulletin, I could only find a rule that says the maximum number of games you can play before the tournament is nine. Perhaps I was thinking of the requirement in the officials’ application to work the tournament that you must work at least four regular season games to be eligible.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

LOL, so screw CG at all costs huh?  

I said what I said..."you are lost."

I never said to screw CG at all costs.  And you never answered my question concerning 3A/4A A.D.s & coaches.

Exactly how am I purportedly "lost"?

34 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I never said to screw CG at all costs.  And you never answered my question concerning 3A/4A A.D.s & coaches.

Exactly how am I purportedly "lost"?

"6A schools won't schedule them...its a CG problem."

"They shouldn't schedule so many out of state schools...a CG problem."

"3A/4A schools would be dumb to schedule them...a CG problem."

So what do you suppose they do?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

"6A schools won't schedule them...its a CG problem."

"They shouldn't schedule so many out of state schools...a CG problem."

"3A/4A schools would be dumb to schedule them...a CG problem."

So what do you suppose they do?

Bribes or blackmail immediately come to mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Bribes or blackmail immediately come to mind.

One could easily argue that blackmail is what got CG into this predicament.

Still can’t believe we are here yet trotting out lines about doing what’s best for student athletes.