Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

Snider is breaking in a new QB, so I'm thinking Warren by 10-13. I'm betting Warren will have some kinks to work out as well and Snider D can get it respectable? But, if the new Snider QB is on, upset in the making. 

Didnt want to bombard another post that was referring to D1 talent..sni high supposedly have a few in their ranks this year..parents may fabricate from time to time though..imho D1 talent usually "pops" when on the field..we will see if the visits were warranted..I did notice on max preps someone listed at 8'0" 320lbs..👀🏆😆

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 9:21 PM, Justasportsfan said:

Didnt want to bombard another post that was referring to D1 talent..sni high supposedly have a few in their ranks this year..parents may fabricate from time to time though..imho D1 talent usually "pops" when on the field..we will see if the visits were warranted..I did notice on max preps someone listed at 8'0" 320lbs..👀🏆😆

I hope that 8 footer is playing hoops after Football.

Wanted to see others thoughts on what they expect from Snider this season. Here are my thoughts:

1. Panthers will be very run oriented. I think there will be a 1,200 yard rusher

2. Defense will be pretty good. 

3. Schedule is improved with Warren Central on it, East Noble I don’t understand. If you wanted to play East Noble, then just play another SAC game. Not going to get better playing East Noble and to make it worse, I think they have a 4 year contract with them 

I can see Snider going anywhere from 8-1 to 5-4. I see them as underdogs to Warren and Carroll, rest they will be double digit favorites. QB play will be huge for the Panthers

Edited by Komets2727

3 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Wanted to see others thoughts on what they expect from Snider this season. Here are my thoughts:

1. Panthers will be very run oriented. I think there will be a 1,200 yard rusher

2. Defense will be pretty good. 

3. Schedule is improved with Warren Central on it, East Noble I don’t understand. If you wanted to play East Noble, then just play another SAC game. Not going to get better playing East Noble and to make it worse, I think they have a 4 year contract with them 

I can see Snider going anywhere from 8-1 to 5-4. I see them as underdogs to Warren and Carroll, rest they will be double digit favorites. QB play will be huge for the Panthers

They have a ton of athletes..don't really see 6-3 seasons too often..a sectional title would suffice..wc giving them 1 loss..regional title..finishing unscathed..ss title..that being said East Noble is "sneaky" good n playing at their place will be all they need for an "upset". The tailgate scene rivals a naia crowd. 

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

They have a ton of athletes..don't really see 6-3 seasons too often..a sectional title would suffice..wc giving them 1 loss..regional title..finishing unscathed..ss title..that being said East Noble is "sneaky" good n playing at their place will be all they need for an "upset". The tailgate scene rivals a naia crowd. 

East Noble is not beating Snider. If they do, you can forget any type of post season title for the Panthers. Don’t care what type of crowd East Noble has, I fully expect Snider to roll the Knights

• Like 3

On 7/3/2023 at 8:14 AM, psaboy said:

I think you are talking about Aaron Vance. It will likely come down to him or Ke'ron Biilingsley for QB1. 

Appears the senior will be qb1 to start the season..Panthers usually roll with seniors even if it cost them against elite programs..not saying that is the case on this one..he is a playmaker..tippy adjusts when he needs to..

21 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Appears the senior will be qb1 to start the season..Panthers usually roll with seniors even if it cost them against elite programs..not saying that is the case on this one..he is a playmaker..tippy adjusts when he needs to..

Snider's been successful in the past with quick running quarterbacks. In fact, some of their better teams have been very run heavy. Could this offense resemble the one in 2004? Probably not the depth that team had, but I can see the potential. Looking forward to Buchanan's break out season. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Snider's been successful in the past with quick running quarterbacks. In fact, some of their better teams have been very run heavy. Could this offense resemble the one in 2004? Probably not the depth that team had, but I can see the potential. Looking forward to Buchanan's break out season. 

Thought the same..04 team had few guys running 4.4 40's at few spots though..qb may also have a breakout target at wr along with the usual suspects at te..I'm sure the playbook will be limited week 1..good thing is wc won't take long to expose any areas of opportunity..

On 7/27/2023 at 12:02 AM, Komets2727 said:

East Noble is not beating Snider. If they do, you can forget any type of post season title for the Panthers. Don’t care what type of crowd East Noble has, I fully expect Snider to roll the Knights

I agree that EN isnt beating Snider, BUT I do not see it being a thrashing by any means.  It will be a good "get right" game after inevitably taking one on the chin from Warren Central.  Coach Amstutz returns a TON from a young team last year and should have a strong running game which they will surely try to use to slow the game down against the Panthers.  The outcome will never be in doubt but the Knights will keep it respectable.  

9 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:

I agree that EN isnt beating Snider, BUT I do not see it being a thrashing by any means.  It will be a good "get right" game after inevitably taking one on the chin from Warren Central.  Coach Amstutz returns a TON from a young team last year and should have a strong running game which they will surely try to use to slow the game down against the Panthers.  The outcome will never be in doubt but the Knights will keep it respectable.  

I would think that 35-14 would be about right. If it is any closer than that or if Snider loses, any hope for postseason hardware, starting with a sectional title, is a pipe dream

• Like 2

I few thoughts as I finish my last IPA for the night.

- Anything can happen in first game of the season, so Snider could lose by 20+ or get a W.

- Snider and EN game will be entertaining, Snider by 10 - 14.

- The senior should get the starting job at QB for Snider. If there are issues I'm sure the coaching staff will seek alternate options after a few games if needed.

- I'm going to fridge to get another IPA, I was not truthful in the opening. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I few thoughts as I finish my last IPA for the night.

- Anything can happen in first game of the season, so Snider could lose by 20+ or get a W.

- Snider and EN game will be entertaining, Snider by 10 - 14.

- The senior should get the starting job at QB for Snider. If there are issues I'm sure the coaching staff will seek alternate options after a few games if needed.

- I'm going to fridge to get another IPA, I was not truthful in the opening. 

Sharing a beer with Rodney?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, psaboy said:

Thanks. Hate paying for games, maybe U tube will have?? $9.99 is a bit salty for a tight wad like me. 😁

I think all you're going to find on youtube are the summitcitysports games. Northside/Northridge, Dwenger/Brownsburg, Luers/East Noble.

Snider/Warren and Carroll/HSE are pay per view.