Reitz +7

Does DraftKings take these bets? Need to make my NCAA week one $ back 

MasseyRatings:

Mater Dei at Memorial (-21), 89% chance of victory for the Tigers

Bosse at Jasper (-30), 92% chance of victory for the Cats

Harrison at Castle (-36), 98% chance of victory for the Knights

North at Reitz (-13), 77% chance of victory for the Panthers

Central at Vincennes (-30), 95% chance of victory for the Alices

Can Mater Dei keep the game within 14 points?  Probably not. 

Can Jasper slow down Bosse's high flying offense?   No way Jasper wins by more than 21, but their slow offense is just the ticket to keep Bosse from scoring a bunch. 

Can Harrison make it not a running clock?  No way. 

Will North be able to put any points on the board?   Scoring 0 against Memorial is not a good sign for them. 

Does Central make it not a running clock?

- I could see the home teams potentially sweeping this week and don't expect many (if any) close games.

Bosse at Jasper - I'll take the underBulldogs in this one even though it's at Jasper. I think the Wildcats will struggle with the team speed of Bosse. If Jasper can control the clock and take care of the ball, their chance of winning obviously greatly improves. The Bulldogs will have trouble getting stops so this one could be high-scoring.

Central at Vincennes - The Bears might be even worse than they were the past two seasons. They have no chance in this one. This one is a win for them if they can score once or twice. Alices win with a running clock.

Harrison at Castle - This is the 7th straight season that the Warriors have been really bad, which is wild to think about. I'm just looking forward to week 7 so we can find out who is better between Harrison and Central. The Knights win this one with a running clock.

Mater Dei at Memorial - This is the worst Mater Dei team I can remember in a long time. I'm just wondering if they can keep this one somewhat close. I expect Memorial to win big, maybe by a running clock. 

North at Reitz - no doubt game of the week. I think the Huskies will really struggle to score, so Reitz just needs to score a little bit to win. I expect the Bowl to be packed for this game. The Panthers shift up to another gear with their offense and win by 4 scores.

Calpreps

Mater Dei at Memorial (-38), 99% chance of victory for the Tigers

Bosse at Jasper (-7), 65% chance of victory for the Cats

North at Reitz (-9), 73% chance of victory for the Panthers 

Harrison at Castle (-39), 99% chance of victory for the Knights

Central at VL (-43), 99% chance of victory for the Alices

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Calpreps

Mater Dei at Memorial (-38), 99% chance of victory for the Tigers

Bosse at Jasper (-7), 65% chance of victory for the Cats

North at Reitz (-9), 73% chance of victory for the Panthers 

Harrison at Castle (-39), 99% chance of victory for the Knights

Central at VL (-43), 99% chance of victory for the Alices

Calpreps has obviously never been to a Mater Dei v. Memorial game. This game is almost always within 14-17 points. The rest look pretty close to me and I would take the favorites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

Calpreps has obviously never been to a Mater Dei v. Memorial game. This game is almost always within 14-17 points. The rest look pretty close to me and I would take the favorites.

About to say, there’s been a few 25+ points or more outliers, but it’s mainly within a 2 score game at the end 

17 hours ago, tango said:

Usually true. But I would be shocked if this game is within 14-17 points or even within 4 scores. This is the worst MD team in the past 30 years. I predict Memorial wins 31-7.

MD is slowing figuring some things out and getting kids in the right positions.  Super Sophs are progressing and giving more/better reps as they adjust to speed of varsity competition.  I still think the Tigers win easily but would take the 38 pts from CalPreps all day.  Not saying it won't happen but there have been few such blowouts even when the talent disparity has been significant on one side or the other.  MHS 28  MD 14.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

MD is slowing figuring some things out and getting kids in the right positions.  Super Sophs are progressing and giving more/better reps as they adjust to speed of varsity competition.  I still think the Tigers win easily but would take the 38 pts from CalPreps all day.  Not saying it won't happen but there have been few such blowouts even when the talent disparity has been significant on one side or the other.  MHS 28  MD 14.

Good point. MD will still improve throughout the season and could be playing good enough to win another sectional by then. I just don't think they're quite there yet. Memorial is clicking on all cylinders (that I know of) and I think MD will have some real trouble scoring on them.

1 minute ago, Football Fanatic said:

Good point. MD will still improve throughout the season and could be playing good enough to win another sectional by then. I just don't think they're quite there yet. Memorial is clicking on all cylinders (that I know of) and I think MD will have some real trouble scoring on them.

MD's offense is definitely their weak link at this pt.  However, they seemed to figure out some things last week vs VL in their running game that set up much better down & distance opps for Mallory.  Absolutely agree MD will have issues putting pts on board vs Tigers.  

Bosse @ Jasper: Tough one to gauge, honestly. Bosse putting up 42 on Castle was a big surprise. I think Jasper wins this one, maybe even a late TD to make this a push. Give me the Cats by 14.

Central @ VL: Running clock. Wonder if pulling the starters super early in week 1 will have an effect on how things are handled tonight. Maybe after a close win against MD, VL wants to show some force tonight. Might be the biggest point difference on the weekend. VL by 4 scores.

Harrison @ Castle: Running clock, again. This one won't be close. Castle will try to flex it's muscles on D after getting ran all over by Wagner last week. I said VL might have the biggest point differential, if they don't it'll be this game. Castle by 4-5 scores.

MD @ Memorial: Catholic Bowl at Enlow. Memorial wins this rather easily, maybe a late TD by MD keeps the final closer than what the game actually felt. Memorial by 17.

North @ Reitz: Reitz gets a shutout this week. Not much to say here. North can be tough on D as well so I will say Reitz winning 17-0.

45 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Mater Dei has improved over the first 3 weeks, IMO.  They always figure things out as the season progresses.  Look at 2020 for example.  Started the year 1-4 and still made it to semi-state.   

48 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

100%. Listening to Coach Hurley last night on the coach's show podcast there is no question the Wildcats are not being taken lightly. In the last 20 years or so there have only been 3 games decided by more than 30 points:

2018 Memorial 51 -14

2011 MD 47-14

2005 MD 34 - 0

• Like 1

Bosse-Jasper. Jaspers ball control offense limits Bosse’s touches Jasper by 10

Central-VL. Central lacks play makers and creativity on offense. VL secondary isn’t very good but it won’t matter in this one. Hunt with a big day and running clock.

North-Reitz North won’t lean on their strength upfront. They seem to get away from running the ball and try to throw with a QB who isn’t comfortable. Reitz offense has been below average. Vera should be the QB if they want to be more explosive. If North commits to run the ball it could be close. Reitz by 3

Castle-Harrison

The Knights get a nice bounce back game after last weeks close one with Bosse. Harrison looks like a cub team. Castle by as much as they want.

Memorial-MD

Memorial defense has been outstanding. MD QB has only had success on roll out passes. Once Memorial takes that away what does MD do next? Memorial by 21

Week 4 Picks! 

Central at VL 

Central hasn't been looking too hot this season and VL has been looking pretty good early on. Central may will have a better passing game against VL, but I'm going to take the Alices in a running clock 

Harrison at Castle 

Harrison finally put points on the board last week against North, while Castle battled it with a good Bosse squad. Harrison may put up a TD, but I think Castle will likely win pretty big in this one 

Bosse at Jasper 

Bosse's high-powered offense is something to look out for, as they can put points quickly. I'll be expecting some onside kicks from the Bulldogs tomorrow night. Jasper is likely going to control the time with their offense and run the clock down to keep Bosse off the field. Bosse is a legit team for what happened with Castle last week, but Jasper has a slightly better defense. Bosse will put up points, but I'm going to Jasper in a close game, won't be surprised if Bosse wins it. 

Mater Dei at Memorial 

Everyone loves the Catholic Bowl, Mater Dei has started the season off pretty slow and still figuring out a few things offensively and defensively. Memorial has a lot of great players on both sides of the ball working hard. I'm not really expecting any type of blowout in this game, as in the last 20 years or so this game is usually around with 14 points or in single digits. I think Memorial wins this one by 2 scores, but Mater Dei lingers around in this one. 

North at Reitz 

North definitely has a team that can win games with their OL and offense. But being shut out against Memorial in Week 2 does raise questions for the Huskies. Reitz has a very good defense that can choke teams out, while the offense has seen a decrease (has been missing a couple of players), they still get the job done for the Panthers. Panthers have already taken care of their first 2 tests, can they carry on? Give me Reitz by 17 in this matchup 

17 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m picking Bosse over Jasper.  The Bulldogs and their high-octane offense are due to win one of these matchups.

And I think Memorial/MD will be closer than people think.  I think Memorial will win, but I don’t expect a blowout.

Not attacking your specific quote just using it to make a point.

I love people continuing to reference Bosse's great offense. Obviously it was way back in week 1 but VL had them all but contained (until they got a running clock and subbed everyone out based on the copy of the film I  watched). Bosse was only able to put up 8 points in the half and nothing from that film showed me they would've scored more than 8 more points the rest of the game had VL not pulled their starters. 

Then, certain people want to come over here into the SIAC thread and say how bad the VL defense is. Sure they probably have areas of weakness and areas they need to improve, all teams do. I just find it ironic. But I guess both can be true. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FootballFan2000 said:

Not attacking your specific quote just using it to make a point.

I love people continuing to reference Bosse's great offense. Obviously it was way back in week 1 but VL had them all but contained (until they got a running clock and subbed everyone out based on the copy of the film I  watched). Bosse was only able to put up 8 points in the half and nothing from that film showed me they would've scored more than 8 more points the rest of the game had VL not pulled their starters. 

Then, certain people want to come over here into the SIAC thread and say how bad the VL defense is. Sure they probably have areas of weakness and areas they need to improve, all teams do. I just find it ironic. But I guess both can be true. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. 

I get your points but sometimes you can throw out week one. It’s tough to judge based off 1st game of the season. 

I love getting on here and people talking about stats. Yea, I agree, they are fun to look at and I appreciate the effort it takes to get the stats on here. But, if stats was such a huge deal as some of you are making it out to be. You would think that Bosse would be the team beating everybody. Does anybody every just look at the win loss record or is stats really that big of a deal. I'd take winning every game over being at the top in statistics. That's just me.  I know some people care about shut outs and big blowouts but what kind of football person wants to go see a blowout on a Friday night. 

17 minutes ago, TheMole said:

I love getting on here and people talking about stats. Yea, I agree, they are fun to look at and I appreciate the effort it takes to get the stats on here. But, if stats was such a huge deal as some of you are making it out to be. You would think that Bosse would be the team beating everybody. Does anybody every just look at the win loss record or is stats really that big of a deal. I'd take winning every game over being at the top in statistics. That's just me.  I know some people care about shut outs and big blowouts but what kind of football person wants to go see a blowout on a Friday night. 

There is another side of the ball. No one’s talking about the fact Bosse D gave up 52 maybe that’s the problem. Stats are an indicator. Look at Memorial’s D and how many points per game they give up. Teams that are close to the top on both sides of the ball will be teams at the top record wise. If you think they don’t matter that’s being blind to vital information.