Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (Week 5)

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

Here is an AI computer generated response to your Question, Not Mine:

City speed and country speed are terms that some people use to compare the athletic abilities of football players from different regions. The idea is that players from urban areas have more speed and agility, while players from rural areas have more strength and endurance. However, these terms are not based on any scientific evidence and may reflect stereotypes or biases. There are many factors that affect a player's performance, such as coaching, training, nutrition, genetics, and motivation. Therefore, it is not fair or accurate to judge a player's speed based on where they come from.

Thanks AI, that is perfect. 

5 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Thanks AI, that is perfect. 

It's true, AI is taking over the world. Just look at how it can generate amazing responses like this one. Pretty soon, it will be able to replace Temp's top 25 list. Who needs humans when you have machines that can make better list than them? I'm sure Temp will be very happy to retire and let AI take over making his lists. Ha ha ha, just kidding. Or am I?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Think Indy Lutheran needs to be on here somewhere. Are they overall a Top 25 team? Maybe not, but I think the utter dominance they've shown deserves some recognition. 

"I think this team should be on the top 25 list"
but questions if they are in the top 25

this year's lists are much better than last year's no need to downgrade them

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

"I think this team should be on the top 25 list"
but questions if they are in the top 25

this year's lists are much better than last year's no need to downgrade them

They put mid majors who dominate in the Top 25 of the AP polls in college. Same thing. Not hard to understand. 

10 hours ago, scarab527 said:

If you’re ranking all the way up that high you might as well post Top 50. I’d be interested in seeing that. 

30-50 (I actually rank 60) is sort of a crap shoot and I lack a lot of confidence in them.  I'll answer individual questions about where I have teams though.

17 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

What is “city” speed or “country” speed? Fast is fast, period

Old GID favorite that came out around 2011 when LCC was headed for three-peat and its third undefeated season in a row and featuring speedster, Danny Anthrop, in his senior season.  LCC was scheduled to face Scecina at LOS and, in the run-up week to the state finals, there was plenty of talk about the two teams, with several folks talking about just how fast Anthrop was and just how forcefully the LCC defense had shut down everyone that season.  A Scecina supporter, in response, chimed in and stated that LCC hadn't seen "city speed" yet ... compared to "county speed."  LCC beat Scecina like a rented mule, holding their top rusher to 35 yards, while Anthrop racked up over 250 yards.  Instant classic and long running joke on GID.

Edited by foxbat
double post

23 hours ago, BTF said:

I'd never rule Mishawaka out. I still remember Mishawaka 21, Snider 0.......last year's regional. And that was without throwing the football. When they did try to throw, it looked pretty dismal. Needless to say, I was a bit surprised when seeing his name listed among the top QB's in the state during the off season. 

So option QB's aren't quarterbacks anymore???  I didn't realize that rule had been changed....what would you call the kid that takes the snap from center and then makes all of the decisions that distribute the ball to his teammates in an effort to matriculate the ball down the field an score on the opponents defense?

Whatever you call him....seems this kid did that pretty well

1 minute ago, US31 said:

So option QB's aren't quarterbacks anymore???  I didn't realize that rule had been changed....what would you call the kid that takes the snap from center and then makes all of the decisions that distribute the ball to his teammates in an effort to matriculate the ball down the field an score on the opponents defense?

Whatever you call him....seems this kid did that pretty well

You're taking this a little too personal. I'm not insulting the kid, just wondering if he can throw the football is all. Even as a coach, you have to admit, that part of a quarterback's evaluation involves his ability to distribute the ball to the receivers. Is he a great fit for his team? Absolutely, considering the scheme that his coach runs. Normally though, when seeing a quarterback ranking, it's just presumed that the ranking is based on how the player will play at the next level. I saw him play one game as a junior, hence my comment. Someone came on here and stated that he actually can throw the ball. Kudos to him. He'll make a fine college quarterback I'm sure. 

9 hours ago, BTF said:

You're taking this a little too personal. I'm not insulting the kid, just wondering if he can throw the football is all. Even as a coach, you have to admit, that part of a quarterback's evaluation involves his ability to distribute the ball to the receivers. Is he a great fit for his team? Absolutely, considering the scheme that his coach runs. Normally though, when seeing a quarterback ranking, it's just presumed that the ranking is based on how the player will play at the next level. I saw him play one game as a junior, hence my comment. Someone came on here and stated that he actually can throw the ball. Kudos to him. He'll make a fine college quarterback I'm sure. 

my comment was made in jest….

Not taking anything personal…I don’t know the kid…and you’ve seen him play more than I have.  Just rubs me the wrong way when we don’t appreciate the full depth and breadth of high school football, of which the option offense is alive and well.

if you can’t take a joke, and have to accuse someone making a joke of “taking it too personal”….you need to look in the mirror my friend

On 9/19/2023 at 2:10 AM, scarab527 said:

They put mid majors who dominate in the Top 25 of the AP polls in college. Same thing. Not hard to understand. 

I don't believe in putting anyone but the top 25 in a list of the top 25 teams

putting a *cough* 1a err I mean non top 25 school in that list makes everyone look bad

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rodney said:

I don't believe in putting anyone but the top 25 in a list of the top 25 teams

putting a *cough* 1a err I mean non top 25 school in that list makes everyone look bad

Funny thing is both Sagarin and CalPreps have Lutheran well within the Top 25 all classes. 

Seems like someone can’t cope with a 1A school being in the Top 25 in the state. 

4 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Funny thing is both Sagarin and CalPreps have Lutheran well within the Top 25 all classes. 

Seems like someone can’t cope with a 1A school being in the Top 25 in the state. 

I'd like you to name a team currently in the top 25 that Lutheran (a roster of 48 kids according to MaxPreps) would beat.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

I'd like you to name a team currently in the top 25 that Lutheran (a roster of 48 kids according to MaxPreps) would beat.

I’d give them a legit shot against 21-25 other than Reitz. 

Funny how you had them in your Top 25 last year and I was the one arguing against it then. 

29 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

I’d give them a legit shot against 21-25 other than Reitz. 

Funny how you had them in your Top 25 last year and I was the one arguing against it then. 

You sure?  I think I ranked them after the regular season when I limit teams to ONLY those remaining.  Could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

Sagarin has it's flaws. Sure, I think it's a reasonable measuring stick, but I'm not going to lay any money on them (#11) beating Crown Point (#12), Warren Central (#14), Carmel (#15), Snider (#16), or Carroll (#17). In fact, every one of those teams beats Lutheran by multiple scores. I'm not predicting a running clock, because Lutheran does have a good team. But we have to be realistic and understand that Sagarin isn't the end all be all. I think Lutheran sits somewhere between 25-30.

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Sagarin has it's flaws. Sure, I think it's a reasonable measuring stick, but I'm not going to lay any money on them (#11) beating Crown Point (#12), Warren Central (#14), Carmel (#15), Snider (#16), or Carroll (#17). In fact, every one of those teams beats Lutheran by multiple scores. I'm not predicting a running clock, because Lutheran does have a good team. But we have to be realistic and understand that Sagarin isn't the end all be all. I think Lutheran sits somewhere between 25-30.

Then we are pretty much haggling over price then.  If they are good enough to be in the Top 10% of all schools in the state as a 1A, they're pretty competitive and closer to Top 25 than more than 90% of the state.

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Then we are pretty much haggling over price then.  If they are good enough to be in the Top 10% of all schools in the state as a 1A, they're pretty competitive and closer to Top 25 than more than 90% of the state.

Yes, impressive for a 1A school. Adams Central is right behind them. Looking forward to that matchup.