Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Crown Point (13-0) vs. Ben Davis (12-1) 6A State Championship

12 hours ago, PDB26 said:

Hey, if you're going to go back to '96 then maybe there's an infinitesimally small chance of a 2000 repeat.

If Crown Point played the pass better I'd entertain the concept of them leaning on their line and mucking it up, but Ben Davis has to be too prolific moving the ball through the air, right? Maybe it's not 63-14, but I think Ben Davis's number is 42. So, can Crown Point keep up enough to make it interesting and force a mistake or two out of the Giants? 

Extremely doubtful you would see Crown Point 21 Ben Davis 0. It might be possible but it's not probable, Ben Davis is far too talented to be shutout. Also Ben Davis isn't in their first ever State Championship game like Center Grove was when they played Penn.

Ben Davis is pretty balanced maybe a little more to the passing side of the scale. They have 2023 yds rushing 27 TD's (5 Fumbles lost) and 3042 yds passing 36 TD's (6 Int's). Offensively they have turned the ball over 11 times, very quick RB and a QB that can run and throw as well as 3 WR's with great speed. Defensively the Giants are very good they have 129.5 TFL's, 57 sacks, 23 Int's (4 for TD), 9 Fumble recoveries (2 for TD), and 1 safety. The front seven are very quick and they can sub in multiple players along the D-line, LB's are very active and have some Int's too. In the secondary they have 3 very good DB's Zackery (4 Int's), Contreras (5 Int's) and Falke (3 Int's). They are a very fast and aggressive defense that brings a lot of pressure and because of depth look to get better as the game goes along.

Personally I wouldn't game plan to score 42 points if I was Crown Point because it is not likely to happen. I would focus more on sustaining long drives ending with points. The question I would say is how well does Crown Point match Ben Davis' speed and can they manage that speed.

10 hours ago, BTF said:

No running clock in the state finals. Won't matter. At the very most, Ben Davis could turn it on and win by 21. But that's best case scenario for the Giants

21.77 is Ben Davis average margin of victory on the year. Teams that have matched their speed have kept it to 3 points (Brownsburg, Lawrence Central, Cathedral, Center Grove, Warren Central) with the exception of Lawrence North. Teams that couldn't match their speed ranged from 21 to 62 points. If their defense gets multiple turnovers it could get ugly like it did against Lawrence North.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

Gentlemen's bet. I'll give you the 21.5. Wasn't Crown Point up on Westfield 17-0 at one point? Honest question, because I'm not sure. I think they were up 17 regardless of the score. Brownsburg is the only team that's done that to them all year up until that point

Yes CP was up on Westfield 17-0 before they actually started to turn the game around.

As for Ben Davis IMG was up on them 21-7 at half and 27-7 at the end of 3rd qtr, IMG won 34-14. Brownsburg was up 13-7 at half, 19-7 at end of 3rd qtr, then 25-7 early in the 4th qtr. before Ben Davis rattled scored again to make it 25-14. Then Ben Davis got a pick 6 making it 25-21 and forced Brownsburg to punt then scored late to win 28-25. Does Ellison have break away speed like Sherrell? Can Erhlich run or throw like Cherry, O'Neil, or Dunn? Questions we will find out on Saturday I guess. The biggest stat I look at when it comes to State Championships is Turnover margin. Crown Point is plus 16 (plus 11 in fumbles and plus 5 in Int's) Ben Davis is plus 22 (plus 5 in fumbles and plus 17 in Int's). 

49 minutes ago, BTF said:

Gentlemen's bet. I'll give you the 21.5. Wasn't Crown Point up on Westfield 17-0 at one point? Honest question, because I'm not sure. I think they were up 17 regardless of the score. Brownsburg is the only team that's done that to them all year up until that point. 

Nah, I picked 38-17 when this thread opened.  No going back now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

21.77 is Ben Davis average margin of victory on the year.

I think Crown Point is above the average team Ben Davis has played this year. 

"I may be wrong, but I doubt it."   Charles Barkley

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think you are.  One thing is for sure.  Ben Davis has played a handful of Crown Points this year…Crown Point has not seen a team like Ben Davis.

I expect one team to have wide eyes Saturday night and it won’t be the Giants.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I think you are.  One thing is for sure.  Ben Davis has played a handful of Crown Points this year…Crown Point has not seen a team like Ben Davis.

Which teams did Ben Davis play that had Westfield down 17 points and eventually beat them? I don't care too much for transitive property, but since it's so popular and overused on this forum, I won't hesitate to bring it up once in awhile. I have a hard time believing Crown Point is the average of the Ben Davis schedule this year. 

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

I expect one team to have wide eyes Saturday night and it won’t be the Giants.

Hopefully I stay long enough to find out. I'd love for Crown Point to prove people wrong. Wait.........reverse that. My "true colors" are showing. 

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

Which teams did Ben Davis play that had Westfield down 17 points and eventually beat them? I don't care too much for transitive property, but since it's so popular and overused on this forum, I won't hesitate to bring it up once in awhile. I have a hard time believing Crown Point is the average of the Ben Davis schedule this year. 

I mean in so many words, you basically said yourself that from an athlete standpoint BD is Merrillville on steroids.

I do use the transitive property often and am ridiculed but this statement about “wide eyes” is more so from a Jimmy and Joe’s standpoint.

The depth and athleticism that Crown Point will see this weekend is nowhere near anyone else on their schedule.

I have had more time to think about this one and BD beating Brownsburg who thumped Westfield who took Crown Point to double OT may be telling.

Then again, Brownsburg was up 18 on BD in the 4th, so it very well may be an overreaction.

Edited by temptation

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

I mean in so many words, you basically said yourself that from an athlete standpoint BD is Merrillville on steroids.

I do use the transitive property often and am ridiculed but this statement about “wide eyes” is more so from a Jimmy and Joe’s standpoint.

The depth and athleticism that Crown Point will see this weekend is nowhere near anyone else on their schedule.

I have had more time to think about this one and BD beating Brownsburg who thumped Westfield who took Crown Point to double OT may be telling.

Then again, Brownsburg was up 18 on BD in the 4th, so it very well may be an overreaction.

Yes, Ben Davis is Merrillville on steroids. From an athleticism and speed standpoint, the Pirates are the closest team we have for comparison. Crown Point wasted them. Some teams are built to contain that speed. Brownsburg being one of them. I don't know much about Brownsburg. Is it safe to say they're just a bunch of motivated hard nosed kids like Center Grove? That's how I'm seeing Crown Point. Really just presumptions on my part. 

By the way. I don't dismiss transitive property. Some on here believe it's the end all be all, I don't. I don't believe you do either. 

Honestly? I'm just hoping to watch four competitive football games this weekend. 

33 minutes ago, BTF said:

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

Hopefully I stay long enough to find out. I'd love for Crown Point to prove people wrong. Wait.........reverse that. My "true colors" are showing. 

Connotation apparently you didn't like my statement I am sure the person you used it on didn't either. 

Since you brought up about average team Ben Davis has played. And you talk about Body of work (we are headed for the 14th game). I would place Crown Point at about average on the teams Ben Davis has played. They are 100% above the Pike's, Avon's, and North Central's. They also are below the Brownsburg's, Center Grove's, IMG's, and Cathedral's. So that would put them at about average. What Crown Point where would Ben Davis stand to the teams Crown Point has played? I would say they are above every opponent by a landslide personally.

It won't mean a hill of beans when they square of in LOS. I have already my personal keys. Can Crown Point match or handle Ben Davis's speed. Can they sustain long drives with points? Those will be 2 keys, they do not want to go into the game planning to get in a shootout, and we will see if they can match handle BD's speed and pressure. Ehrlich and Ellison are great players and CP has a terrific line. Are they better than what Ben Davis has already seen? Probably not maybe on par but not better. Now reverse that same question.

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

Yes, Ben Davis is Merrillville on steroids. From an athleticism and speed standpoint, the Pirates are the closest team we have for comparison. Crown Point wasted them. Some teams are built to contain that speed. Brownsburg being one of them. I don't know much about Brownsburg. Is it safe to say they're just a bunch of motivated hard nosed kids like Center Grove? That's how I'm seeing Crown Point. Really just presumptions on my part. 

By the way. I don't dismiss transitive property. Some on here believe it's the end all be all, I don't. I don't believe you do either. 

Honestly? I'm just hoping to watch four competitive football games this weekend. 

Brownsburg and Center Grove also can match Ben Davis speed not just contain it. Both of them had speed at multiple positions. Merrilville and Ben Davis are not alike.

24 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

1. Connotation apparently you didn't like my statement I am sure the person you used it on didn't either. 

2. They are 100% above the Pike's, Avon's, and North Central's. They also are below the Brownsburg's, Center Grove's, IMG's, and Cathedral's.

1. You're comparing my rooting for a team to a guy who point blank referenced a program as "losers?" I'm at a loss for words. 

2. You state that like it's a fact. Not sure how you can say that about an undefeated team that destroyed Merrillville and beat Westfield. No one is going to pretend Crown Point is on IMG's level. But Cathedral and Center Grove haven't done anything this year that guarantees they are better than Crown Point. You're making a presumption based on prior years performance. And that's fine. But you're presumptions aren't facts. 

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

1. You're comparing my rooting for a team to a guy who point blank referenced a program as "losers?" I'm at a loss for words. 

2. You state that like it's a fact. Not sure how you can say that about an undefeated team that destroyed Merrillville and beat Westfield. No one is going to pretend Crown Point is on IMG's level. But Cathedral and Center Grove haven't done anything this year that guarantees they are better than Crown Point. You're making a presumption based on prior years performance. And that's fine. But you're presumptions aren't facts. 

1.) In the words of Ricky Bobby's Dad Reese "If you ain't first your last" there were far less firsts in there. Don't take it so personal the facts he was laying out (no matter how bad the truth hurt) were there even if you don't like it and got hung up on the wording.

2.) I state it as someone who has watched plenty of them play. Said undefeated team destroying Merrillville (heck Chatard has destroyed their "best team ever" in the past) and beating Westfield doesn't change my mind. I didn't make any presumptions off of prior years performance for Cathedral and Center Grove I went by this years performance. Cathedral  stymied Ben Davis Offense in the 2nd half forcing them to kick a long game winning FG, and their battered QB (from a relentless BD defense) darn near took them down the field to win (something he has done multiple times the last 3 years). CG stormed back after looking down and out to take a lead in the game forcing Ben Davis to kick a FG to put it into OT, Even forced a near disastrous fumble prior to that FG that luckily was recovered by the one BD player surrounded by multiple CG defenders. BD made the play when it counted in OT. I give Crown Point a 13% chance of winning this game (I gave them a 47% chance of beating Westfield and ate my crow for it). Ben Davis and Westfield or Merrillville are nothing alike.

I will say you are pretty solid at talking out of both sides. One minute Brownsburg, Cathedral, and CG are among the top 4 with Ben Davis, the next minute I am making presumptions off of previous years performance with Cathedral, Brownsburg, and CG. Which is it make up your mind. Are they in the upper echelon with Ben Davis or are they not? I will say it Crown Point is fortunate they didn't have to go through the gauntlet of the South bracket, their prize for that fortune they get to play Ben Davis (sole survivor out of BD, Brownsburg, Cathedral, CG) in LOS. We will see how it shakes out Saturday at 7:00pm.

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Extremely doubtful you would see Crown Point 21 Ben Davis 0. It might be possible but it's not probable, Ben Davis is far too talented to be shutout. Also Ben Davis isn't in their first ever State Championship game like Center Grove was when they played Penn.

Ben Davis is pretty balanced maybe a little more to the passing side of the scale. They have 2023 yds rushing 27 TD's (5 Fumbles lost) and 3042 yds passing 36 TD's (6 Int's). Offensively they have turned the ball over 11 times, very quick RB and a QB that can run and throw as well as 3 WR's with great speed. Defensively the Giants are very good they have 129.5 TFL's, 57 sacks, 23 Int's (4 for TD), 9 Fumble recoveries (2 for TD), and 1 safety. The front seven are very quick and they can sub in multiple players along the D-line, LB's are very active and have some Int's too. In the secondary they have 3 very good DB's Zackery (4 Int's), Contreras (5 Int's) and Falke (3 Int's). They are a very fast and aggressive defense that brings a lot of pressure and because of depth look to get better as the game goes along.

Personally I wouldn't game plan to score 42 points if I was Crown Point because it is not likely to happen. I would focus more on sustaining long drives ending with points. The question I would say is how well does Crown Point match Ben Davis' speed and can they manage that speed.

21.77 is Ben Davis average margin of victory on the year. Teams that have matched their speed have kept it to 3 points (Brownsburg, Lawrence Central, Cathedral, Center Grove, Warren Central) with the exception of Lawrence North. Teams that couldn't match their speed ranged from 21 to 62 points. If their defense gets multiple turnovers it could get ugly like it did against Lawrence North.

Facts

4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

The question I would say is how well does Crown Point match Ben Davis' speed and can they manage that speed.

This is where I think having Buzea gives Crown Point some sort of a shot to at least compete. He doesn't have to watch the film to know what he's getting into. He had two VERY good Homewood-Flossmoor teams that "lost" 8A State Title games to Loyola Academy in Illinois. Technically, one of the losses was early in the Tourney as the IHSA ridiculously seeded Loyala and H-F which caused them to meet early similiar to BD/Brownsburg. His H-F teams had the same demographic makeup of BD and the best teams were loaded with D1 talent. 

On offense, my guess is he will use a lot of play action and misdirection to try to combat the pressure that BD's front 7 brings on every play. I was shocked that CP was able to effectively use their power run game against Westfields front 7. I think it's impossible against BD's front 7. Ehrlic is only a Junior and is already fielding MAC offers. He can throw the ball. They'll need him to throw a lot more than he did against Westfield. 6'3 S/WR Landon Delich is a Toledo commit. I'm sure Zachary will be on him all game. Maybe that will open up some other areas of the passing game that CP tries to attack.

I thought CP benefitted by getting Westfield as HSE's passing attack with Donovan and Co. was more lethal of an offense than Westfield's. Penn completely abused the CP defense. I have little hope they'll stop Ben Davis' offense. 

If Crown Point can counter Ben Davis' relentless Defense with crafty play calling and sustaining long drives I could see them only losing by about 15-20. Otherwise, I think it'll get ugly by the end of the 2nd quarter. 

As a former DAC player at Portage I'm just happy to see the Duneland back on the big stage with Valpo this year and now finally representation at the 6A level. IMO, CP the program has already won. They proved they can get over the Hamilton County hurdle similiar to when the Duneland was finally able to beat Penn with Valpo and Samardzija. CP has the enrollment, resources and community buy in to keep getting better and be a contender in the 6A North for years to come. If that comes to fruition maybe they'll take the next step in years to come and actually be capable of winning at LOS. 

Edited by Boilernation

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

1.) Don't take it so personal the facts he was laying out (no matter how bad the truth hurt) were there even if you don't like it and got hung up on the wording.

2.) I will say you are pretty solid at talking out of both sides. One minute Brownsburg, Cathedral, and CG are among the top 4 with Ben Davis, the next minute I am making presumptions off of previous years performance with Cathedral, Brownsburg, and CG. Which is it make up your mind. 

1.  No one is hurt. One man's opinion on a forum like this holds very little weight. 

2.  Someone has to be ranked 1, 2, and 3, right? That doesn't mean Crown Point isn't in the same league as those teams. And for the record, unless you can bring up a receipt, I don't think I proclaimed Cathedral as the fourth best team in the state. They're up there, but I don't think I said that. 

I'm probably not going to stick around for this discussion much longer. I'm doubting your mental capacity to debate with me. 

6 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

On offense, my guess is he will use a lot of play action and misdirection to try to combat the pressure that BD's front 7 brings on every play. I was shocked that CP was able to effectively use their power run game against Westfields front 7. I think it's impossible against BD's front 7. Ehrlic is only a Junior and is already fielding MAC offers. He can throw the ball. They'll need him to throw a lot more than he did against Westfield. 6'3 S/WR Landon Delich is a Toledo commit. I'm sure Zachary will be on him all game. Maybe that will open up some other areas of the passing game that CP tries to attack.

I thought CP benefitted by getting Westfield as HSE's passing attack with Donovan and Co. was more lethal of an offense than Westfield's. Penn completely abused the CP defense. I have little hope they'll stop Ben Davis' offense. 

If Crown Point can counter Ben Davis' relentless Defense with crafty play calling and sustaining long drives I could see them only losing by about 15-20. Otherwise, I think it'll get ugly by the end of the 2nd quarter. 

Misdirection can on occasion create problems for Ben Davis if the lineman can stop the quicker D-lineman from blowing it up in the backfield (there is a reason BD has so many TFL's). Nor does play action (Lawrence North uses a lot of play action because of their fast RB and QB). Brownsburg was able to throw the long ball because they had 2 WR's with just as much speed as Ben Davis. Center Grove went to the quick passing game because Coy and Halubar run terrific routes and are very good with YAC, Cherry also can get a deep drop quickly set his feet and riffle the ball. With Cathedral O'Neil is very good at eluding pressure with eyes down field and is a major threat to run the ball too.

I feel for a team like Crown Point a good option would be to run screen pass at the right times. The BD defense likes to be aggressive and screen passes at the right time can catch them. However and can also go bad because they are quick to the QB and their LB's and DB can close quickly. 

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

2.  Someone has to be ranked 1, 2, and 3, right? That doesn't mean Crown Point isn't in the same league as those teams. And for the record, unless you can bring up a receipt, I don't think I proclaimed Cathedral as the fourth best team in the state. They're up there, but I don't think I said that

I'm probably not going to stick around for this discussion much longer. I'm doubting your mental capacity to debate with me

That's right you will wait until after the games are over to give your rankings. I've stated I feel all 3 of those teams are above Crown Point. Them not being in the State Championship game has to do with not being in the North bracket and in the South Bracket. Very evident by the scores of Sectional Round 1, Regionals, and Semi-State they are right there with Ben Davis.  Ben Davis weathered all 3 and cam out the victors. 

Of course you won't. Insults won't work. Resorting to insulting my mental capacity because you don't like me calling you out on certain things. You stated I am making presumptions off of previous years results. When we have right there in front of us head to head games between all 3 with Ben Davis. You can insult me all you want to avoid answering.

26 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Misdirection can on occasion create problems for Ben Davis if the lineman can stop the quicker D-lineman from blowing it up in the backfield (there is a reason BD has so many TFL's). Nor does play action (Lawrence North uses a lot of play action because of their fast RB and QB). Brownsburg was able to throw the long ball because they had 2 WR's with just as much speed as Ben Davis. Center Grove went to the quick passing game because Coy and Halubar run terrific routes and are very good with YAC, Cherry also can get a deep drop quickly set his feet and riffle the ball. With Cathedral O'Neil is very good at eluding pressure with eyes down field and is a major threat to run the ball too.

I feel for a team like Crown Point a good option would be to run screen pass at the right times. The BD defense likes to be aggressive and screen passes at the right time can catch them. However and can also go bad because they are quick to the QB and their LB's and DB can close quickly. 

Yeah, I forgot to mention the screen passes. Coy is a very good WR who beat Zachary on multiple occasions. And Smith with Brownsburg had the speed to get behind the Ben Davis secondary. Delich is a big DB playing WR on offense. I doubt he can cause the same problems as Coy and Smith. I'm curious to see what Crown Point tries doing. I fealt they were very vanilla against Westfield in the 1st half as the power running game was working and burning clock. Westfield's comeback forced them to adjust and they added in screens and play action passes. I can't think of a single play where they got behind Westfield's secondary for a big pass gain. Ehrlich has the arm, but I don't think he has the WR's to get open against BD on fly routes. 

8 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

1. That's right you will wait until after the games are over to give your rankings.

2. Them not being in the State Championship game has to do with not being in the North bracket

3. Resorting to insulting my mental capacity because you don't like me calling you out on certain things. 

1.  I keep giving kudos who throw their rankings out there, and I mean that. With over three hundred and fifty teams, I just find it hard to accurately come up with a Top 25. I enjoy Temp's Top 25 and appreciate the time and effort he puts into it. 

2. Again, you're speculating. There's no way you can say that Crown Point isn't as good as Cathedral and Center Grove. You're letting prior year's results skew your opinions. 

3. I'll take that one back, I don't really think your stupid. I appreciate your passion for high school football even though we disagree. I just think you put too much conviction in your opinions, stating them like they're facts. 

I always try to remember that we're all here for the same reason. We're all passionate about high school football. It's not a very large group. Most people would rather support money grubbing institutions like the NCAA and the NFL. So kudos to all who are here. But lets continue to debate and get on one another's nerves, it would be a boring forum otherwise. 

18 hours ago, SIR IRISH said:

I tend to agree.  I will go with 42-14 but I think it will be a running clock.  Lets not forget, Brownsburg smashed Westfield by 30 earlier this year.... so not sure how good Westfield was.  I know that BD is really good, and fast.  Not many weaknesses on that team.

And HSE almost beat Brownsburg at Brownsburg in week 9, while Westfield beat HSE both at home and away. I'm not saying Westfield was as good as Brownsburg, but they were not 30 points worse. Just one of those games where everything went wrong for one team and right for the other team. You don't win 11 games with the schedule that they play in the HCC plus LC and New Pal if your not a good team. 

6 hours ago, BTF said:

Gentlemen's bet. I'll give you the 21.5. Wasn't Crown Point up on Westfield 17-0 at one point? Honest question, because I'm not sure. I think they were up 17 regardless of the score. Brownsburg is the only team that's done that to them all year up until that point. 

You are correct 17-0 at halftime.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Just to be clear, I'll eat a shoe if Crown Point manages to win by more than 7, and I'll eat a pair of shoes if Ben Davis gets shut out.The 2000 reference was a little tongue in cheek. 

I don't accept the premise that a team's first time in the state championship is all too determinative so long as they've played championship caliber opponents. Presently, neither of these teams have played in a state championship as they are currently constituted, but Ben Davis has played better opponents throughout the season. 

Ben Davis's passing game is going to be a problem for Crown Point. It's a real strength on weakness scenario, and Crown Point's inability to defend the pass is likely their fatal flaw. They've had some pretty dicey moments with the lead in their last two outings and Penn had nearly 400 yards passing against the Bulldogs--which, to me, is saying something about how they play the pass. I doubt Crown Point is game planning to score 42, but they're going to have to score a lot to win this one. I'm thinking they have to get to 28 or 31 in order to keep some pressure on the Giants. Maybe then they're able to  force Ben Davis into a mistake or two, but that's going to mean they control the ball and have very few empty possessions. It's a bit too much of a high-wire act to me. 

In the end, nothing against the Bulldogs--they've had a hell of a run. If they defended the pass better I would be inclined to give them more than a puncher's chance. They'll have to play a perfect game and make some breaks for themselves along the way to stay close enough to win.

5 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

And HSE almost beat Brownsburg at Brownsburg in week 9, while Westfield beat HSE both at home and away. I'm not saying Westfield was as good as Brownsburg, but they were not 30 points worse. Just one of those games where everything went wrong for one team and right for the other team. You don't win 11 games with the schedule that they play in the HCC plus LC and New Pal if your not a good team. 

You are correct 17-0 at halftime.

Yes, Westfield is a solid team, no doubt in the world.  Your point is duly noted.  I just think Ben Davis is too solid all the way around and will win by three to four scores.  Again, I could be wrong, just my opinion

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Another data point, Cathedral curb stomped Penn, BD eliminated Cathedral and Crown Point was a blocked FG away from losing to Penn.

I’m slowly talking myself into 63-14.

Warren Central played BD Tough, Snider Whipped Warren Central, Snider barely survived Mishawaka. Penn easily beat Mishawaka, Crown Point Barely beat Penn. Does this mean CP and BD are about even? No Transitive Properties do not work in football.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Warren Central played BD Tough, Snider Whipped Warren Central, Snider barely survived Mishawaka. Penn easily beat Mishawaka, Crown Point Barely beat Penn. Does this mean CP and BD are about even? No Transitive Properties do not work in football.

I get totally what you are pointing to. I very rarely use Ben Davis vs Warren Central as a gauge anymore. It is a classic Eastside vs Westside rivalry game. Believe it or not Warren Central leads the rivalry between the 2 schools 58-35-2. Warren Central got a big lead in the series (like 36-12) until Coach Dullaghan got established there then they started playing catch-up.