Sign in to follow this  
Irishman

IU Basketball

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Ugly game last night.

By both teams. While Purdue may be on the outside looking in, IU is very vulnerable. If a couple teams in other conferences get hot and run through their conference tourney, IU may be caught watching from home. We all know IU does not do well in the B1G tournament, so an early exit will hurt them. I still think if they win two more games to be considered. As I said though, it won’t matter if they do get in. They are out in round one. 

37 minutes ago, Irishman said:

By both teams. While Purdue may be on the outside looking in, IU is very vulnerable. If a couple teams in other conferences get hot and run through their conference tourney, IU may be caught watching from home. We all know IU does not do well in the B1G tournament, so an early exit will hurt them. I still think if they win two more games to be considered. As I said though, it won’t matter if they do get in. They are out in round one. 

I'll call a spade a spade: Purdue's not in this year.  It would take beating both Iowa & Rutgers this coming week and two wins in the BTT.  Silver lining time: most everybody, other than Tommy Luce and Evan Boudreaux are coming back.  Additionally, two real talented guards and a 7-3 center are incoming recruits to keep the future bright.

Talk about the wheels coming off late. IU was cruising; up 8 points, Wisconsin in foul trouble, and the bad 3’s start coming. Frustrating end to what has been a frustrating season. There is talent on this team, but that talent underachieved yet again. I think this puts them on the wrong side of the bubble. As I have been saying for some time now, even IF they do get in, they will not win a game. This loss likely drops them to an 11 seed, again IF they get in. In my mind, they have not done enough to get in. 

• Like 1

Not enough?! They have a top 25 strength of record. 6 ranked wins and 5 quad 1 wins and no bad losses. They've done plenty. Sure today would have helped but they're in the NCAA tournament. Some of the best bracketologists have them as a 9 seed. I don't see any way you can leave them out.

12 straight missed shots to finish the game most point blank.......    financially speaking, that was disappointing to say the least 

IU beats Nebraska they are in. They lose they are out. I think it is a simple equation at this point. 

pressure is very much a thing for Archie

His Sesame street meltdown seemed to be unbecoming of a Major D1 Basketball Coach 

On 3/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, wvigo13 said:

Not enough?! They have a top 25 strength of record. 6 ranked wins and 5 quad 1 wins and no bad losses. They've done plenty. Sure today would have helped but they're in the NCAA tournament. Some of the best bracketologists have them as a 9 seed. I don't see any way you can leave them out.

Does that include a loss to Nebraska? 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Does that include a loss to Nebraska? 

Nevermind 🤣 

Justin Smith leaving program as grad transfer. This will hurt, he led team in minutes last year and should have been key starter for Hoosiers this coming fall. Something seems amiss in B-Town??