Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DT

Where's the Talent? - Ben Davis/WarrenCentral/Center Grove

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Lysander said:

A question first - What is a PP mentality and how does one bring it?

In fact, I believe both his Defense and a Special Teams coaches were both most recently at Chatard. 

That said, not saying I agree.

Discipline

Order

Precision

Respect for Team

Respect for Authority

Respect for Opposition

School Pride

Family

Religion

Faith

Perseverance

I could go on and on

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 1:04 PM, JustRules said:

The MIC may be down but that means they are only very, very good and there isn't a dominant team. It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 of the final 4 teams from the MIC this year. It also wouldn't surprise me to see no MIC teams out by the semi-finals because there are good teams in those sectionals ready to take the next step. The fact the teams are more even in the MIC shouldn't indicate anything other than there is no dominant team this year. Even the "bad teams' (Pike, LC, LN) are very talented and would win or compete in every other 6A conference.

You realize the HCC was 5-2 against the MIC this year, right? Of those 5 wins, they included: 

Avon beating one of your champs (BD) 41-17

Fishers Beating one of your champs (NC) 26-0

Brownsburg beating one of your champs (NC) 29-25

HSE beat LC 24-20

Zionsville beat Pike 17-7

 

Your two wins were: 

LC (one of your champs) beating the HCC's 5th best team, HSE, 17-16

Carmel beating Noblesville (by a million) 

 

To say the MIC is just sooooo good and that's the reason for all the "L' within the conference.....is bonkers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 8:36 PM, Proud Papa said:

You realize the HCC was 5-2 against the MIC this year, right? Of those 5 wins, they included: 

Avon beating one of your champs (BD) 41-17

Fishers Beating one of your champs (NC) 26-0

Brownsburg beating one of your champs (NC) 29-25

HSE beat LC 24-20

Zionsville beat Pike 17-7

 

Your two wins were: 

LC (one of your champs) beating the HCC's 5th best team, HSE, 17-16

Carmel beating Noblesville (by a million) 

 

To say the MIC is just sooooo good and that's the reason for all the "L' within the conference.....is bonkers. 

What’s bonkers is the MIC’s dominance 

@Temptation where you at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

What’s bonkers is the MIC’s dominance 

@Temptation where you at?

Right here but won’t reply in every thread.  I was wrong...sorta.

Everyone had 4 MIC teams reaching this point...they just had another HCC team (who is capable of beating any of them) also still alive.

Lets not pretend Carmel beating Westfield (who shot their wad a week early) and CG beating FC is some sort of surprise/monumental upset.

Brownsburg celebrated last week like they’d won a state title.  They looked satisfied to me.  Classic little brother/we have never been there syndrome.

Can you imagine one if two of the four remaining MIC teams had to play in the opening round like Avon/Brownsburg did? The whining about unfairness and realignment/seeding proposals would be off the charts here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Can you imagine one if two of the four remaining MIC teams had to play in the opening round like Avon/Brownsburg did? The whining about unfairness and realignment/seeding proposals would be off the charts here.

Didn’t Warren and Ben Davis play each other the first round of sectionals the last two years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Didn’t Warren and Ben Davis play each other the first round of sectionals the last two years?

Yep and folks were outraged and every person with internet access whined and drew up their own proposal for Bobby.

You can’t have it both ways.  There is no denying that this was a disappointing post season for the HCC but let’s not overlook the fact that Zionsville was widely regarded as the sixth best team in the conference and they just did something that Ben Davis could not do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 8:36 PM, Proud Papa said:

You realize the HCC was 5-2 against the MIC this year, right? Of those 5 wins, they included: 

Avon beating one of your champs (BD) 41-17

Fishers Beating one of your champs (NC) 26-0

Brownsburg beating one of your champs (NC) 29-25

HSE beat LC 24-20

Zionsville beat Pike 17-7

 

Your two wins were: 

LC (one of your champs) beating the HCC's 5th best team, HSE, 17-16

Carmel beating Noblesville (by a million) 

 

To say the MIC is just sooooo good and that's the reason for all the "L' within the conference.....is bonkers. 

You do know that it’s MIC teams eliminating each other in the playoffs right?

http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/the-m-i-c-is-putting-everybody-in-class-6a-on-notice-never-doubt-whats-real/

Bonkers is claiming early season and post season are equal. 

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Yep and folks were outraged and every person with internet access whined and drew up their own proposal for Bobby.

You can’t have it both ways.  There is no denying that this was a disappointing post season for the HCC but let’s not overlook the fact that Zionsville was widely regarded as the sixth best team in the conference and they just did something that Ben Davis could not do.

 

LOL.....searching for something to grab onto......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You do know that it’s MIC teams eliminating each other in the playoffs right?

http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/the-m-i-c-is-putting-everybody-in-class-6a-on-notice-never-doubt-whats-real/

Bonkers is claiming early season and post season are equal. 

LOL.....searching for something to grab onto......

Nope. Not at all. I gave credit.   Head to head contests are all we have even if they are not weighted equally.

 Am I allowed to play the “grind of the HCC took its toll” card yet or is that still a few years away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Nope. Not at all. I gave credit.   Head to head contests are all we have even if they are not weighted equally.

 Am I allowed to play the “grind of the HCC took its toll” card yet or is that still a few years away?

Congrats on celebrating early season wins. 

But you and I both know, cream rises to the top when it mattters. History tells us that. 

But keep talking....it’s entertaining.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrojanDad said:

Congrats on celebrating early season wins. 

But you and I both know, cream rises to the top when it mattters. History tells us that. 

But keep talking....it’s entertaining.  

Not celebrating anything as I do not have an affiliation with a school in either conference.   I do follow both conferences closely being a central Indiana resident though.

And I’m not sure what cream is rising to the top as of yet.

All four remaining teams were favorites in their sectional, two of them heavy favorites.  

As I asked in the other thread, what happens if Zionsville wins Friday night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Not celebrating anything as I do not have an affiliation with a school in either conference.   I do follow both conferences closely being a central Indiana resident though.

And I’m not sure what cream is rising to the top as of yet.

All four remaining teams were favorites in their sectional, two of them heavy favorites.  

As I asked in the other thread, what happens if Zionsville wins Friday night?

The MIC is eliminating each other. That will continue. 

Can you imagine if ZVille wasn’t alone?  They might win...who knows?  Anything can happen. 

Just a little premature in your claims of a MIC demise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

The MIC is eliminating each other. That will continue. 

Can you imagine if ZVille wasn’t alone?  They might win...who knows?  Anything can happen. 

Just a little premature in your claims of a MIC demise. 

Show me where I used the word demise.  

I suggested that the gap was closing...perhaps even a bit faster than most had expected and I stand by that claim.

Once again, nothing has changed outside of the expected team remaining from the HCC.

It’s all hyperbole with some of you.

 

Edited by Temptation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Show me where I used the word demise.  

I suggested that the gap was closing...perhaps even a bit faster than most had expected and I stand by that claim.

Once again, nothing has changed outside of the expected team remaining from the HCC.

It’s all hyperbole with some of you.

 

No...the hyperbole was spewed weeks earlier....

Now the backtracking begins.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

No...the hyperbole was spewed weeks earlier....

Now the backtracking begins.....

You win.  I’ll punt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

The MIC is eliminating each other. That will continue. 

But the HCC didn't? 🤔 So is your argument that since Carmel beat HSE and Westfield, while CG beat FC that proves that the MIC is dominant over the HCC? We just completely ignore regular season matchups? That's convenient! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vicvinegar said:

But the HCC didn't? 🤔 So is your argument that since Carmel beat HSE and Westfield, while CG beat FC that proves that the MIC is dominant over the HCC? We just completely ignore regular season matchups? That's convenient! 

Champions aren’t crowned in the regular season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Champions aren’t crowned in the regular season...

I don't remember saying they were. I'm not even saying the HCC is the better conference. I just find it hilarious that people want to forget the fact that in 2019, the HCC is 6-5 against the MIC. If you want to pretend the other games didn't happen, go for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Temptation said:

Can you imagine one if two of the four remaining MIC teams had to play in the opening round like Avon/Brownsburg did? The whining about unfairness and realignment/seeding proposals would be off the charts here.

Two MIC co-champs played in the first round of the playoffs this year.  I don't remember the whining but maybe I missed it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grover said:

Two MIC co-champs played in the first round of the playoffs this year.  I don't remember the whining but maybe I missed it.

I dont remember that either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

But the HCC didn't? 🤔 So is your argument that since Carmel beat HSE and Westfield, while CG beat FC that proves that the MIC is dominant over the HCC? We just completely ignore regular season matchups? That's convenient! 

With the exception of Pike, the only MIC teams eliminated have been by other MIC teams.  Can the HCC say that?

Early regular season, and post season are not equal.  

In elimination games, the MIC is currently 3-1 against the HCC, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

With the exception of Pike, the only MIC teams eliminated have been by other MIC teams.  Can the HCC say that?

Early regular season, and post season are not equal.  

In elimination games, the MIC is currently 3-1 against the HCC, correct?

Correct! The top MIC team beat two HCC team that were around .500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grover said:

Two MIC co-champs played in the first round of the playoffs this year.  I don't remember the whining but maybe I missed it.

I think the difference is that there was two HCC teams that had a high chance of winning a state title, while there were 4 or 5  MIC teams that had a chance to win a title. The two HCC teams just happen to play each other first game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think people were as outraged that BD and Warren played in Sectional in 2017 and 2018 as they were that Ben Davis and Warren were in the SAME Sectional in 2017 and 2018. BD also played LC in 2017. BD belongs with Pike, Avon, and Brownsburg in Sectional. Period. Until they seed the tournament (NEVER) we'll keep getting these funky Sectional alignments.

  • Like 3
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

Correct! The top MIC team beat two HCC team that were around .500.

You lose me on your point....yet the lone HCC representative in the regional is 5-6.  You discredit a MIC team beating around .500 teams in the playoffs, yet a sub.500 team is in the regionals from the HCC??  I guess if they don't beat Ben Davis, you have another opportunity to discredit the MIC?   Nice logic.

Top MIC team....didn't multiple MIC teams win share the conference this year?  

I guess we shall see how the remaining HCC team does in the remainder of the playoffs....right now, it looks like MIC teams will continue to eliminate each other as the playoffs progress.  

Congrats on the regular season head to head match up title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...