• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 40

1 hour ago, Moonshiners said:

North Posey @ Linton-Stockton

Mater Dei @ Crawford County

Tell City @ Forest Park

North Knox @ South Spencer

Not a horrible draw....at least the Miners and Wildcats aren't meeting in the first round! It's weird not seeing Southridge though.

True but nicer if one of them (Mater Dei or Linton) would have been in the bottom half of the bracket.  That way the 2 best teams in 40 would have had a better shot at meeting in the final.  But like my screen name:   it is what it is.  I'll pick Linton, Mater Dei, Tell City, and North Knox to advance out of round one.

I thought for the First time last night Linton came out fired up and played like they’re capable of on offense. I liked the way they spread it out on offense some and changed some things up. I know providence wasn’t up to what they usually are, but I was glad to not see all the penalties and fumbled/bad snaps. Also I only watched the first half. Assume there was a lot of subs in second half. 

46 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

True but nicer if one of them (Mater Dei or Linton) would have been in the bottom half of the bracket.  That way the 2 best teams in 40 would have had a better shot at meeting in the final.  But like my screen name:   it is what it is.  I'll pick Linton, Mater Dei, Tell City, and North Knox to advance out of round one.

Oh I agree, having them in separate sides would have been even better! Neither team should be pushed too hard in round one but more importantly you want the game to be injury free.  I'm with you on the TC pick too...but yesterday's game is throwing me for a loop.  FP just beat them 14-0 but I didn't see the game so I don't know what happened. 

3 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Anyone who favors an all-in, seeded tournament should have to drive from Evansville to Marengo to watch Mater Dei play Crawford County.

Based on Sagarin, MD is an 87.89 point favorite.... give or take depending on home field advantage. 

I feel like match ups like this, worry the ones who aren't even going to watch it more than the coaches and players who play it.

• Like 1

Here's Harrell's prediction for the first round...

Linton-Stockton 38-17     Sagarin 6 vs 44

MD 59-0   Sagarin 5 vs 63

TC 24-21   Sagarin 33 vs 41

North Knox 35-21   Sagarin 17 vs 52

So based on the ratings this sectional did almost turn out as if it were seeded.

23 hours ago, miner_35 said:

Does North Posey still have about 2176 formations to gameplan for? I remember 2 years ago that they lined up  in a different formation almost every play!

Don't know about that, but I do know their SOS isn't that much higher than Linton's.  So the Miners had better not take them lightly.  They (North Posey) lost 4 games in the middle of the season to 4 really good 3A teams.  

2 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Don't know about that, but I do know their SOS isn't that much higher than Linton's.  So the Miners had better not take them lightly.  They (North Posey) lost 4 games in the middle of the season to 4 really good 3A teams.  

As long as Linton takes care of the ball, this game is their's, however anything can happen on Friday nights.

2 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

As long as Linton takes care of the ball, this game is their's, however anything can happen on Friday nights.

I'm hoping that last week's first half is an indication the Miners are tournament ready.  They came out and pretty much controlled the line of scrimmage.  Everything looked sharp and everyone looked focused.   I raise my glass to the Miners and their journey in the tournament!

34 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

The Warriors have to be pretty happy with their draw!  It would appear they will be in the sectional final.  Best of luck!

I would not get to ahead of yourselves on this one. FP and Tell City can compete with anyone on their side of the bracket. They also shouldn't overlook South Spencer as they have some athletes on their team who can single handily win a game on the right night.

I believe this side of the bracket will have more exciting games than the top side. MD is just too strong of a team this year.

27 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I would not get to ahead of yourselves on this one. FP and Tell City can compete with anyone on their side of the bracket. They also shouldn't overlook South Spencer as they have some athletes on their team who can single handily win a game on the right night.

I believe this side of the bracket will have more exciting games than the top side. MD is just too strong of a team this year.

Considering there's only 2 other teams on "their side of the bracket", your statement doesn't say much, does it?  South Spencer?  The same South Spencer that lost at home to Boonville 49 - 13?  The same Boonville team that North Knox beat on the road, 34 - 20?  You can try to spin it any way you want, but North Knox is the team to beat in the bottom half of 40.  All things being equal and no injuries, I don't see any teams in that half of the bracket stopping the Warriors ground and pound.  They got some BIG boys toting that rock!

53 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Considering there's only 2 other teams on "their side of the bracket", your statement doesn't say much, does it?  South Spencer?  The same South Spencer that lost at home to Boonville 49 - 13?  The same Boonville team that North Knox beat on the road, 34 - 20?  You can try to spin it any way you want, but North Knox is the team to beat in the bottom half of 40.  All things being equal and no injuries, I don't see any teams in that half of the bracket stopping the Warriors ground and pound.  They got some BIG boys toting that rock!

I haven't seen any North Knox film in several years so I was curious when I read this and looked them up on MaxPreps. It lists their leading rusher as being 5-6, 135 and second leading rusher as 6-0 and 150. So not really the BIG I was expecting or is this inaccurate?

10 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I haven't seen any North Knox film in several years so I was curious when I read this and looked them up on MaxPreps. It lists their leading rusher as being 5-6, 135 and second leading rusher as 6-0 and 150. So not really the BIG I was expecting or is this inaccurate?

This is misleading. Their line is the biggest I have seen so far this year below the 4A level.

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I would be surprised if anyone other than Mater Dei wins this sectional. It is just hard to match their strength of schedule for a small school.

The biggest knock on Mater Dei is their End Zone camera.  Coach Goebel just can't seem to help it, but no matter how many car washes or bake sales they have, Mater Dei just can't seem to buy a reliable one.  It breaks every year. 

6 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

The biggest knock on Mater Dei is their End Zone camera.  Coach Goebel just can't seem to help it, but no matter how many car washes or bake sales they have, Mater Dei just can't seem to buy a reliable one.  It breaks every year. 

No way, the biggest knock on them this year is interceptions.  They need Jake or Adam Schiff to have more eligibility and go ahead and throw in nasty Nate Wildeman too.  Add those guys and then Goebel will be cooking with peanut oil.

I have very limited knowledge on EMD.  Are they a balanced attack team?  Do they rely on their running game the most and use the passing game just to compliment the run game?  Just kinda curious to see what Linton's program looks like compared to theirs, should both teams win in the first round. 

7 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I believe they have recently purchased the Hi-pod X31 end zone camera so I expect this to improve. 

Also, I believe they have developed a flawless system to ensure they get the appropriate angle in the end zone without dispute from the other team wanting to setup.

All the while having one of the best female videographers in the state.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

North knox will not overlook anyone...you got a play the game to win.  One game at a time...

• Like 1

I just started doing research on North Posey... they don't do Maxpreps... so no real info to find!  I thought Linton played it's best half of football on both sides of the ball in the first half last week against Providence.  But Providence certainly wasn't a passing threat... just 0-5, and their QB/LB was in street clothes.  Looks like the Vikings toss it around a lot more using like a Pistol set with #13 Jaxon Wiggins at QB, a junior 6'0 165, and #9 Zach Lowe a 5'10 160 senior at WB.  Got some big boys..as we have faced all year... #70 Chase Christie, junior 6'4 270, #78 Zach Myers 6'4 275,  #58 Caleb Doubler Jr 6'7 290,  a big TE in #44 Nate Willman Sr 6'2 210, and another skill player in #21 Tristan Martin, Se 6'0 160. 

Quick look at Linton-- #15 Goodman has thrown for 1,137 yards 14 TDs and 3 picks.  #5 leads in rushing from WB with 794 yards 8 scores on just 80 carries (9.9 per carry). #8 Lannan adds 683 and 8 on 99 carries (6.9).  The last 2 games have had running clocks that simply take these guys out of the game, they've each barely had 10 carries apiece in the last 2 games. Miners have rushed for 2,125 yards though, 236.1 a game.Goodman adds 326 and 9 TDs, and Sr WB #43 another 303 and 6 scores.   #18 Robertson leads in receiving with 29 catches for 498 and 5 scores, #28 Hauser with 16-156-1, Dyer 8-197-3 and Howard 13-180-2.  Lannan had 4 catches, 2 of the screens for TDs.   Defense is led by inside backers #2 Eslinger (85) and #8 Lannan (78).  Safety #43 Howard adds 54, with OLBDyer at 44.  Both Eslinger and Lannan have 11 TFL, the team with 58 total.  Linton has 15 picks led by 3 from Gavin House, and recovered 6 fumbles. This put them  at +11 in turnovers.  Jace Elmore, Senior kicker is 28-33 in PATs, with 3 of those being blocked.