Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

11 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

3) No real feel for this one... I'll go w RC they adapt pretty well.. solid team..well coached...and pop was a bombadier in a B17 ... good enuff for me.... more rooting for them than anything else...

Depends on homefield sprinklers at Andrean. 😄

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LCKfan4life said:

Lol you are in the right thread - you would think the Royal Center folk would be posting in the HNAC and not trolling our conference thread....must not be as exciting as discussing Caston, North White, etc....

Didnt know north white was in the the HNAC.   Must have missed the news.  

1 hour ago, foxbat said:
  1. West Lafayette makes it past rounds one and two in the sectional, but the ghost of the Kings may be in the back of their minds come that Sectional Championship with Chatard. 
  2. Pioneer trades LCC for Cass in the ping pong ball melee.  The question is whether it looks like the last three years or the previous four.  Given last week for Cass, I think it looks like the previous four for the Panthers.  Cass takes their sectional.
  3. Despite prognostications about Boone Grove in another thread, I'm thinking this sectional comes down to RCHS and Andrean who are on opposite sides of the bracket.  I think that comes down to a toss-up game.
  4. The Knights will get an opportunity to test out Traders Point, or possibly even a resurgent North White:classic_blink:, in the Sectional Championship, but make no mistake, the Knights are interested in more than just a rebuilding year.  Knights take their sectional.
  5. Twin Lakes has a tough sectional with the likes of Calumet and Knox and even Hanover Central looming there.  If they get past Know in the sectional semi, they could likely pull off a surprise pick-up of their sectional.
  6. I think you are right that Eastbrook proves to be a bit too much for Tipton who bows out of the sectionals after Week 2.
  7. Roncalli has the edge over Western in this sectional although I think Western's got a puncher's chance.  Not only was the LCC-Western game a good tune-up for LCC, I think it also helps Western too.
  8. Benton Central likely bows out in their first sectional game to River Forest.  If not, Calumet likely waits in the wings to pull the plug.
  9. Heights draws the short straw against West Lafayette this week ... for the second time this season ala the Kings.  This one's not likely to end like that second meeting.
  10. Northwestern flies under the radar screen this week against Heritage and emerges in the sectional second round ... only to likely meet up with Oak Hill to finish the season.

Can you get me the definition of resurgent? Winning 3 teams with a combined 1 win (that came against 1 of the 3 teams), an absolute beat down by North Newton who is touting a Mr. Football candidate on twitter, and beating a 16 man banged up WC is resurgent?

3 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

Can you get me the definition of resurgent? Winning 3 teams with a combined 1 win (that came against 1 of the 3 teams), an absolute beat down by North Newton who is touting a Mr. Football candidate on twitter, and beating a 16 man banged up WC is resurgent?

Last year at 1-9 would have have been on DT's contraction hit list ... this year at 4-4 ...

image.png.52c46c25913e41e55ca30c812f9c615a.png

• Thanks 1

If...Lcc continues to win ... 

Looks like they will b on the road for sec finals.

At home for regionals, no matter what

On the road for Semi if they play South Adam's or Monroe Central

At home for Semi, if the play Southwood or Adam's Central

Edited by BendNotBreak

12 hours ago, CatholicFootball10 said:

Solid start for the Hoosier with only BC, Northwestern, and Hamilton Heights bowing out tonight. HH of course losing to West Side. 

LCC looked good last night, but they have some work to do on defensive line penetration.  It was good at times, but inconsistent.  Too many big runs for first downs without necessarily hitting the edge.  Secondary looked good.  Special teams were very good.  Good test coming against CP and a chance to get crisper and sharper.

That would leave the Top half of the HC intact w some big sec finals games...

Bombers vrs unbeaten BG or Andrean 

Western vrs Roncoli 

WL vrs Chatard

Lcc vrs TPC

And the HC champ...Kings ...should b safely combing ther hair for later......

Edited by BendNotBreak

9 hours ago, foxbat said:

LCC looked good last night, but they have some work to do on defensive line penetration.  It was good at times, but inconsistent.  Too many big runs for first downs without necessarily hitting the edge.  Secondary looked good.  Special teams were very good.  Good test coming against CP and a chance to get crisper and sharper.

How's the pass rush?  .... they gonna need it for the Tournament Players Championship.... an beyond.....

12 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

How's the pass rush?  .... they gonna need it for the Tournament Players Championship.... an beyond.....

At times it looked good and at other times, not enough pressure.  Seems like LCC's playing more reserved with the LBs this year than has typically been the issue in the past.  In the past, the LBs often seemed like part of the defensive line and made it easier for the D-line to raise holy he// because that offensive line was often dealing with linebackers coming all the time.  It seems more like LBs are doing more bend-not-break watching for screens or short slants and also covering sideline to sideline.  LCC's horizontal play was really good last night and that's a result of that side-to-side flow from the linebackers.  

My concern was more with D-line penetration on run plays; especially in the gut.  I haven't seen stats for last night's game, but there were a few runs off that right side, guard-tackle and tackle-end, that ended up yielding first downs on 3rd and medium and 2nd and long plays.  The pass rush is probably less of a concern, at least in my mind, because the secondary plays well and those LBs keep the short passing game in check fairly well.  Onken, LB, had a pick 6, and Regich, CB, also ended up with a pick as well.  Central had a couple of decent passes, but for the most part, I never got the feeling that LCC was in danger from the Central passing game on a regular basis.   

22 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

81DN4iOxjDL._SL1365_.jpg]

Given that Prairie beat Central by nearly 5 TDs and Sagarin has Prairie ranked 23 points higher than Central, there's no sandbagging involved.  It will indeed prove a bigger test than Week 1 of sectionals; especially for the Knights to work on the things that were noted above.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Given that Prairie beat Central by nearly 5 TDs and Sagarin has Prairie ranked 23 points higher than Central, there's no sandbagging involved.  It will indeed prove a bigger test than Week 1 of sectionals; especially for the Knights to work on the things that were noted above.

If you say so Lou,  if you say so.

29 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Thanks.  I'm in a late meeting on a mobile and didn't think to search there.

• Like 1

Bombers welcomed back QB Eli Hickman last week as he can be seen all over the Hudl/Maxpreps Game Recap.  Great to see him back as he has been pesky waiting this injury out :classic_biggrin:

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/10-25-2019/football-fall-19/rensselaer-central-vs-wheeler.htm?c=A43mfIagn0uEyULYbcGJeA#tab=recap&schoolid=

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Bombers welcomed back QB Eli Hickman last week as he can be seen all over the Hudl/Maxpreps Game Recap.  Great to see him back as he has been pesky waiting this injury out :classic_biggrin:

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/10-25-2019/football-fall-19/rensselaer-central-vs-wheeler.htm?c=A43mfIagn0uEyULYbcGJeA#tab=recap&schoolid=

Game Changer!