Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

On 10/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, PiratePride said:

Going to be a fun week in the MSC. A lot of competetive games.

Silver Creek at Brownstown

For the Conference Championship. Silver Creek D is for real, but can their Offense put up points? Will Creek QB Myers be back from broken ankle?

Salem at Charlestown

Should be a battle. Two very good Defenses. Can Charlestown muster enough of a passing game to keep Salem from going 9 in the box to slow down Lukes? Can Corbin and Salem put up points on a stingy Pirates D?

Clarksville at Corydon

Both very young teams trying to build for the future. Both need a momentum building win. Clarksville has a ton of skill position speed, Corydon......not so much. Can the Panthers bounce back from being shut out back to back weeks to put up enough points to win?

Even Scottsburg at Eastern Pekin is interesting. Neither Coach Dean or Coach Mullins has been able to muster any sustained program momentum. Both seem headed in wrong direction. Is this a loser leave town (Coach gets Fired) type of match up?

PiratePride...I guess Friday’s win means I keep my job. From one Pirate Football Alum to (maybe another?)...Thank You! We have had a football program at Scottsburg for 6 years. When I took the job, we didn’t have a suitable field, bleachers, field equipment, helmets, paid assistant coaches,...not even a football. This year our 8th grade (first group all the way through since re-starting the program) team lost only 1 conference game. We have a record # of kids out for football in grades K-12 and a successful youth program. You have no idea about the direction or momentum of our program! Please keep hiding behind your screen ( though I’m sure I know at least of you) and making comments like those above, it definitely helps motivate me to work even harder! Coach Dean is a great man and coach as well, which I’m sure you know. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Coach Mullins said:

PiratePride...I guess Friday’s win means I keep my job. From one Pirate Football Alum to (maybe another?)...Thank You! We have had a football program at Scottsburg for 6 years. When I took the job, we didn’t have a suitable field, bleachers, field equipment, helmets, paid assistant coaches,...not even a football. This year our 8th grade (first group all the way through since re-starting the program) team lost only 1 conference game. We have a record # of kids out for football in grades K-12 and a successful youth program. You have no idea about the direction or momentum of our program! Please keep hiding behind your screen ( though I’m sure I know at least of you) and making comments like those above, it definitely helps motivate me to work even harder! Coach Dean is a great man and coach as well, which I’m sure you know. 

Well this an aggressive first post. Haha.  Either way welcome to the non hostile thread. Hopefully you post more about scottsburg in the future and we can get better knowledge of your kids and program. Congrats on your programs foundation. Have a great day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Coach Mullins said:

Good Luck Coach! Use what ever you need to keep motivated. I picked you to win by the way vs Eastern. Wish you and your Wife well.

BTW since we got you in here, with conference realignment in PAC and Big 8 going away how is that going to impact your non conference game vs MT Vernon? Any chance you guys pick up Madison? Would make a good rivalry game.

Edited by PiratePride
Grammar

Week 9 Games:

Brownstown at Scottsburg

Charlestown at Eastern Pekin

Corydon at Silver Creek

North Harrison at Clarksville

West Washington at Salem

Crawford County at Tecumseh

Indianapolis Washington at Paoli

MItchell at Perry Central

Springs Valley at North Daviess

Btown vs Scottsville...take the Tribe

Chucktown vs Peking Palace...Aargh 

Old Capital vs Da Creek....da Creek

NH vs the great low rates you can get online...go with the Generals this one time

DubDub vs Central Washington County...Dubbers

CC Riders vs T-seh...Tecumseh

IW vs The Bunny  Slope...if you can’t dodge it RAM IT 

Bluebird Bus Company vs Perry Mason...going to ride the bus and go with the jackets 

Al Capone vs Brothers Hezekiah and Jebediah... Mafia for Life. Hawks 

forgive me for not coming up with something witty for North Harrison and Indianapolis Washington. Have a great week everyone. 

2 hours ago, Randall J Peabody III said:

Btown vs Scottsville...take the Tribe

Chucktown vs Peking Palace...Aargh 

Old Capital vs Da Creek....da Creek

NH vs the great low rates you can get online...go with the Generals this one time

DubDub vs Central Washington County...Dubbers

CC Riders vs T-seh...Tecumseh

IW vs The Bunny  Slope...if you can’t dodge it RAM IT 

Bluebird Bus Company vs Perry Mason...going to ride the bus and go with the jackets 

Al Capone vs Brothers Hezekiah and Jebediah... Mafia for Life. Hawks 

forgive me for not coming up with something witty for North Harrison and Indianapolis Washington. Have a great week everyone. 

The first I've ever heard us referred to as the tribe. Just makes me think of an all time great movie: Major League. 

Wild Thing.. you make my heart sing. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

The first I've ever heard us referred to as the tribe. Just makes me think of an all time great movie: Major League. 

Wild Thing.. you make my heart sing. 

I was kinda wondering which tribe?

Me thinks he’s engaging his inner STC.

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Like 1

Brownstown at Scottsburg

Charlestown at Eastern Pekin

Corydon at Silver Creek

North Harrison at Clarksville

West Washington at Salem

Crawford County at Tecumseh

Indianapolis Washington at Paoli

MItchell at Perry Central

Springs Valley at North Daviess

Brownstown 45 Scottsburg 7

Charlestown 35 Pekin 0

Silver Creek 30 Corydon 12

Clarksville 27 North Harrison 20

Salem 40 West Washington 10

Tecumseh 12 Crawford County 2

Paoli 25 Indy Washington 8

Perry Central 20 Mitchell 13

North Daviess 48 Springs Valley 8

Game of the week: Mitchell and Perry.  Two teams who have hit on some wins past couple weeks.  Get right just in time for the tournament.

upset of the week:  I’m going the hawks over north Davies.  Ground pound the ball tonight.

btown....hoe many undefeated seasons this make?

Charlestown.....how does Eastern draw look?

silver creek....next season must be the year of the panther

nh ......little down this year, but enough to beat on Clark 

west wash.....real impressed with their season

paoli.....how we feeling about the new coach?

perry....this will be a grinder

valley.....go hawks

9 minutes ago, PLAC FAN said:

Game of the week: Mitchell and Perry.  Two teams who have hit on some wins past couple weeks.  Get right just in time for the tournament.

upset of the week:  I’m going the hawks over north Davies.  Ground pound the ball tonight.

btown....hoe many undefeated seasons this make?

Charlestown.....how does Eastern draw look?

silver creek....next season must be the year of the panther

nh ......little down this year, but enough to beat on Clark 

west wash.....real impressed with their season

paoli.....how we feeling about the new coach?

perry....this will be a grinder

valley.....go hawks

I believe the 11th undefeated season for Coach May and the Braves. 

IF we win tonight 

Edited by Baker64

On 9/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, fbfan said:

I have been to a couple of games this year and from what I have seen WW has all the talent in the world but with signs of discipline issues from some of the top players and injuries to arguably their two best players the team will not reach their full potential.

53 minutes ago, fbfan said:

Hate to go against my lions, but I don't think Coach Hartsfield has a chance in the game tonight against the dubbers.

• Haha 1

This game it going to be close. Salem will be our toughest opp, has played the toughest schedule, is larger then all our opp, plus senior night on the road. I personally would favor them, but that's me in my non homer frame of mind