Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chicago Bears 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

He needs the Colts offensive line, not the injury prone mess (Kyle Long anyone) they have now.

I think Kyle has been lingering in Daddy's shadow for a bit too long.  Overrated

I have been hearing this nonsense, I had someone text me that idea too my response was simple

1)  What draft capital do you have to pull that deal

2) Why would you even want that guy on your team

3) You've made your bed, now lay in it. That is what you get PAID to do.  

• Like 1

1) panthers wouldn’t sell for less than a 1st ++
2) cam means more to the panthers community than arguably any other players.  The work he has done for kids is incredible.  He is more than just a face of a franchise

3) trubs isn’t the only problem with the bears. Play calling as a whole is bad...they sold jordan Howard (IMO big mistake) and they have failed to progress their current WRs and haven’t shopped for another stud player either. 

the bears should give trubs full control of the offense. Have him run hurry up and call his own shots and sprinkle in the run. The man can play. But Nagy is too cute and the way he runs the game, defenses can just wind up and deliver a knockout punch when needed.

also I think it’s worth noting that Vic Fangio made the difference in that defense.  Probably similar to wade Phillips.  Heckuva coordinator...not so great as a coach. The little details he had was the icing on the cake to that defense.

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

NBCSN Chicago posed the question this am....trade for Cam Newton? 

As a Packers fan, I would LOVE to see this happen; right up there with the hire of John Fox. lol

you and me both, brother!  I get a special treat when I read the sports page every day and get more special insights...

• Like 1

I don't have an NFL Redzone subscription, so I just watch highlights online and occasionally will go to a sports bar for a big game, but being seven hours ahead (GMT +3) makes it tough. What's the deal with Braunecker? Too many TEs? A step slow? Would he be better in a system like the Pats or Packers employee, where in TEs do more than block? 

On 10/23/2019 at 7:43 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

2) cam means more to the panthers community than arguably any other players.  The work he has done for kids is incredible.  He is more than just a face of a franchise

3) trubs isn’t the only problem with the bears. Play calling as a whole is bad...they sold jordan Howard (IMO big mistake) and they have failed to progress their current WRs and haven’t shopped for another stud player either. 

the bears should give trubs full control of the offense. Have him run hurry up and call his own shots and sprinkle in the run. The man can play. But Nagy is too cute and the way he runs the game, defenses can just wind up and deliver a knockout punch when needed.

also I think it’s worth noting that Vic Fangio made the difference in that defense.  Probably similar to wade Phillips.  Heckuva coordinator...not so great as a coach. The little details he had was the icing on the cake to that defense.

The Bears have many problems.  I take no delight (well...) in their loss, but rather emphasize with the kicker.

The Bears have as much luck to get Cam Newton as they do Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gipper said:

The Bears have many problems.  I take no delight (well...) in their loss, but rather emphasize with the kicker.

The Bears have as much luck to get Cam Newton as they do Aaron Rodgers.

Bears just need to get into finding a new scheme offensively all together. It’s not working and they can’t rely on their defense as much as they do

On 10/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

The bears biggest problem is QB. 

They should trade for Teddy Bridgewater. They got the picks, the depth at WR and on DL. 

Drafting Trubisky was a mistake then and it's almost a fireable one now.

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

Bears attempted to establish run game and was successful, yet up 16-10 we don't want to run, instead throw an interception. 

mind boggling that Nagy didn't attempt another un play with 40 some seconds left, instead takes a knee and awkwardly everyone just stands around and losing momentum and rhythm.  Granted not a chip shot but one that NFL Kicker should make.  

Nagy clearly does not trust his QB and it affects his play calling

Man, that Shannonhan guy in SF seems to have a great balance of modern NFL schemes while also RUNNING the ball.   

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Nagy clearly does not trust his QB and it affects his play calling

That's my takeaway as well. I honestly can't decide if Nagy isn't as good as I thought or if he feels completely held hostage by a QB he can't trust to make a 10 yard throw. I'm sure the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Chicago sports radio should be interesting today. I'm sure Watson's performance from yesterday will be mentioned at least 5 times.

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

At one time, I was envious of Nagy's hire, but his latest move was a reflection of Marc Trestman...

Pat Fitzgerald, next Bears HC.  

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

College coaches, normally, can't cut it in the pros with Pete Carroll being a rarity...

You would be very hard pressed to find a single NFL HC who does not have some college coaching on his resume at some point.

37 minutes ago, Gipper said:

College coaches, normally, can't cut it in the pros with Pete Carroll being a rarity...

Bruce Arians too. He was HFB coach at Temple, MANY haircuts ago. 

#TheQBWhisperer

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Bruce Arians too. He was HFB coach at Temple, MANY haircuts ago. 

#TheQBWhisperer

I also have to give props to Jimmy Johnson, but I stand by my statement that most (but apparently not all) college coaches can get it done in the NFL, the methodology is way different.