Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 3

23 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Out of conference schedule has presented some challenges to GS early... Owensboro, then Jackson, then Whiteland, and now Southport. 

Thanks to COVID and no other reason.  And so far knock on wood...things have worked out splendidly.

Edited by Titan32

28 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Out of conference schedule has presented some challenges to GS early... Owensboro, then Jackson, then Whiteland, and now Southport. 

Speaking of out of conference.  Any idea why Waylon didn't sign off on the NP junior transfer this school year to GS that lived in Owensville the two years he attended NP?  

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Don't think GS wants to come slumming with lil ole Rensselaer!!!  

Bet we would...better check your email LOL.

Edited by Titan32

14 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I have no detail on the exact reasons....it feels a bit like a cop out....but again not fair for me to say not having much detail.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  I know for a fact that HH is going to take some lumps because of quarantine, against my judgement they played last Friday.  The way the HH program is approaching this, I believe, is young kids will get experience now, and this may pay dividends later in the season when everyone is back.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.  I know for a fact that HH is going to take some lumps because of quarantine, against my judgement they played last Friday.  The way the HH program is approaching this, I believe, is young kids will get experience now, and this may pay dividends later in the season when everyone is back.  

Was it against your judgement because you didnt want to take a loss or what?  I mean at this point you have plenty on the roster who have put the time in and deserve to play, right?

1 minute ago, 2017statechamps said:

Was it against your judgement because you didnt want to take a loss or what?  I mean at this point you have plenty on the roster who have put the time in and deserve to play, right?

Not a matter of wins or losses.  It was the timing.  There were kids expected to go play in a varsity game who didn't get any game reps in practice, or very few to say the least.  HH was going to be down 3-4 starters already for precautionary reasons (injury could play but don't need to rush) so some #2s were getting a majority of the reps.  Now you throw in there at 1:30 in the afternoon 5 kids sent home because of Covid concerns now the backups backup are thrown into a starting roll.  So the concern is 9 players that started or played 75% of the minutes in week 1 are out week 2.  Sounds to me like Southport canceled for less.  So NO it wasn't about losing, it was about young kids playing seniors.  Not the best scenario.  But things worked out in the end.  No injuries.  Good news is, at least those young kids will get game reps this week, and that's good because they get to tackle Mockobee this Friday.

4 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

And probably doesn't want to open up AT a seasoned GS team whose already played to outstanding opponents.

You think they'd rather open up against Chatard the following week?  Chatard pounded Southport last year.  

2 minutes ago, tango said:

You think they'd rather open up against Chatard the following week?  Chatard pounded Southport last year.  

Probably not, and Chatard was a monster last year!!  They may not play until week 6 then who knows!!  The key word was AT in my previous statement.  Who would want to drive 4 hours for an opener and lose.  At least Chatard is some what close.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Probably not, and Chatard was a monster last year!!  They may not play until week 6 then who knows!!  The key word was AT in my previous statement.  Who would want to drive 4 hours for an opener and lose.  At least Chatard is some what close.

I would not want to drive 4 hours to any place that is less than 3 hours away for any reason!  LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Speaking of out of conference.  Any idea why Waylon didn't sign off on the NP junior transfer this school year to GS that lived in Owensville the two years he attended NP?  

I'm not able to get into specifics (because I don't know them,) but I do know the kid was suspended from school when he decided to transfer. Punishment usually follows the kid.

I believe the kid, who use to get rides home (20ish minutes out of the way) from the AD/coach after practice/school for nearly 2 years hasn't talked with the AD/coach since his decision. From what I have heard the kid has never asked for a release, I suspect if he picked up the phone and called the AD/coach and asked for one he might get one..... to be clear I am not an employee of the school and these are mostly things I have gathered from reliable sources or have witnessed. 

4 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I'm not able to get into specifics (because I don't know them,) but I do know the kid was suspended from school when he decided to transfer. Punishment usually follows the kid.

I believe the kid, who use to get rides home (20ish minutes out of the way) from the AD/coach after practice/school for nearly 2 years hasn't talked with the AD/coach since his decision. From what I have heard the kid has never asked for a release, I suspect if he picked up the phone and called the AD/coach and asked for one he might get one..... to be clear I am not an employee of the school and these are mostly things I have gathered from reliable sources or have witnessed. 

I know even less than you.  Just thought it seemed odd not to release a kid who isn't in your conference or sectional and who has never lived in your district.  I would have thought they would have notified the AD/coach....if not like you say...that is a concern.  Maybe the punishment is the real issue here...again I don't know.

Edited by Titan32

40 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Does HH expect to be back at full strength this week? How about Boonville? Did GS find a week 4 game?

I believe HH will not be back at full strength until next week at the earliest. Not sure about Boonville. GS has not found a week 4 game as far as I know, and there probably are not many (if any) options right now. 

9 hours ago, Cappy said:

Does HH expect to be back at full strength this week? How about Boonville? Did GS find a week 4 game?

No...we haven’t and it looks like Southport is advertising for week 4 game now.  🧐

8 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I believe HH will not be back at full strength until next week at the earliest. Not sure about Boonville. GS has not found a week 4 game as far as I know, and there probably are not many (if any) options right now. 

How would you know SIAC guy? 🤔

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

No...we haven’t and it looks like Southport is advertising for week 4 game now.  🧐

How would you know SIAC guy? 🤔

Is it really off? Because I’m seeing Southport vs Columbus north is being played this week and I haven’t seen anything about a cancellation besides just here.  At least nothing put out by the schools/local media...maybe it’s still on? 

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Is it really off? Because I’m seeing Southport vs Columbus north is being played this week and I haven’t seen anything about a cancellation besides just here.  At least nothing put out by the schools/local media...maybe it’s still on? 

It’s off.  Southport called to cancel.  GS working hard to find a game.  It sure looks as if they simply don’t want to make the drive.

53 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

It’s off.  Southport called to cancel.  GS working hard to find a game.  It sure looks as if they simply don’t want to make the drive.

If this is true I hope other school ADs/coaches see this and refuse to schedule them. Just ridiculous.

cancel for Covid, nobody will have any issues with it and everyone will understand.

cancel because you rather find someone else closer to you than honor your end of a 2 year contract....absolutely no respect from me on that 

• Like 1