Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC sectionals week 2

1 minute ago, southend said:

Let’s just go with 5 years, as you did. Apples to apples, after this year. Don’t move the goal posts. Then let’s talk. 

Sustained success puts you in the conversation for "One of the top conferences in the state" one year proves what? We can speak as if they don't win another game..still wouldn't validate ur point..

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

Sustained success puts you in the conversation for "One of the top conferences in the state" one year proves what? We can speak as if they don't win another game..still wouldn't validate ur point..

Steady decline, is validation. 

The SAC is the third best conference in the state. There is no debating that. 

Carroll just ran into a team that they didn't match up well with. Everything about Warsaw screamed upset. And after watching the game, I'm not so sure it was even an upset. They did exactly what they had to do to pull it off. Run the ball, eat clock, and force a turnover. Last nights game doesn't mean that the SAC is down and that Warsaw would beat every team in the SAC. It just means they drew the team they had to draw to advance. 

There will be more state championships for the SAC in the near future. Snider has a good shot by going down to 5a with an upturn in talent. Dwenger will always be in the hunt no matter what anyone says. I wouldn't even count Luers out this year, though next year might be a bit better for them. Concordia is solid and keep an eye out on Wayne in 4a. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

The SAC is the third best conference in the state. There is no debating that. Carroll just ran into a team that they didn't match up well with. Everything about Warsaw screamed upset. And after watching the game, I'm not so sure it was even an upset. They did exactly what they had to do to pull it off. Run the ball, eat clock, and force a turnover.

Please. I can debate anything. 😄😂

Sounds like Carroll got a heavy dose of “Bart Ball.” A lot of teams have had a tough time with that over the years. The guy can coach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Out of 10 teams how many need to win a regional crown for them to be successful? ..1 in each class every year? What other conference has multiple winners every year?

If that’s the criteria, find a way to level the playing field before you start ranking the conferences. The SAC has members playing in 5 different classes. How many other conferences can say that? It certainly enhances their chances of having multiple tournament successes in a single season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Please. I can debate anything. 😄😂

Sounds like Carroll got a heavy dose of “Bart Ball.” A lot of teams have had a tough time with that over the years. The guy can coach.

I won't question that. He did exactly what he had to to stay in the game. The defense forced a couple of turnovers and that was all she wrote.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

If that’s the criteria, find a way to level the playing field before you start ranking the conferences. The SAC has members playing in 5 different classes. How many other conferences can say that? It certainly enhances their chances of having multiple tournament successes in a single season.

What would you suggest? Only conference champs are allowed to be considered when looking at total strength of the league? Not sure it would be possible. 5 possible titles for regionals is just how it's sliced..to say the sac is declining is a bit of a knee jerk reaction... Play in the class your assigned and advance is all you can do. I am wondering besides the 2 we all know about who else would be top 5 conference and why?

21 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

What would you suggest? Only conference champs are allowed to be considered when looking at total strength of the league? Not sure it would be possible. 5 possible titles for regionals is just how it's sliced..to say the sac is declining is a bit of a knee jerk reaction... Play in the class your assigned and advance is all you can do. I am wondering besides the 2 we all know about who else would be top 5 conference and why?

We could also debate that the SAC is best pound for pound. But for now we'll take #3 overall. Southend is off base and you are right, it was probably just a knee jerk reaction from last night. I think we all know that the SAC is a stronger conference with Homestead and Carroll. Both those programs are at their peak as a result of amping up their competition. 

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

Look at Sagarin ratings in the conferences as a basis for comparison, although that won’t help with the “pound for pound issue,” and Sagarin is of limited value as far as the SAC’s “closed” schedule is concerned. Perhaps it’s a question without a clear cut answer.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Look at Sagarin ratings in the conferences as a basis for comparison, although that won’t help with the “pound for pound issue,” and Sagarin is of limited value as far as the SAC’s “closed” schedule is concerned. Perhaps it’s a question without a clear cut answer.

Sagarin had three teams from the SAC in the top ten last week after the conference got it's first taste of outside competition. This week didn't do them any favors though........especially the Warsaw game. 

On 10/30/2020 at 9:53 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I agree here. Reminds me of the talent difference the Tigers faced after playing Penn last year then Merrillville in Regionals.

Crazy stats from tonight. Warsaw ran 83 offensive plays (81 rushes) compared to Carroll’s 40 plays. Tigers had 27 first downs, 508 total rushing yards, and 3 rushers over 130+ yards.

Warsaw played a gr8 game. It's always fun to watch that type of offense..i can see how state titles have been won with it n think it still works today..most offenses resemble each other now a days..regional matchup will have two mirror images..

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, Justasportsfan said:

Warsaw played a gr8 game. It's always fun to watch that type of offense..i can see how state titles have been won with it n think it still works today..most offenses resemble each other now a days..regional matchup will have two mirror images..

I wouldn't call it a great game. Too many costly penalties that put them behind on 1st and 2nd downs. As well, defensively we were very soft. Our secondary tried to make as many plays as possible, but our front 7 had quite possibly their worst game of the year. Disappointing end to the season, but I agree, love our style of offense. Bart Ball will continue to keep us at the top of the NLC and a threat in the tournament. Best of luck to the SAC teams left in the tournament! Could be great represenation for the 260!

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Bart Ball will continue to keep us at the top of the NLC and a threat in the tournament.

Just curious from your perspective do you think Bart Ball will be able to compete with top Indy teams? Would love to see Warsaw schedule a team from the MIC or HCC instead of beating up on Huntington North.

9 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Just curious from your perspective do you think Bart Ball will be able to compete with top Indy teams? Would love to see Warsaw schedule a team from the MIC or HCC instead of beating up on Huntington North.

I absolutely do. When all you need is 3 1/2 yards every play... I don't care who you are, it's tough to beat. As well, with Bart Ball, time of possession is the ultimate equalizer IMO. The other team can't score if you have the ball. And if the other team only has 4-5 opportunities to score each game, that will keep every game close and thus winnable.

I can't image Warsaw ever scheduling a team from the MIC or HCC due to travel. The Huntington North game was added at a time when they were 5A and I know a desire to move away from beating up on Columbia City almost every year (taking nothing away from the CC program here). Granted, not entirely sure HN is really an upgrade, but an area 5A team that has potential IMO. However, I know there are rumors/rumblings of potentially adding another DAC team to the schedule or newly 6A powerhouse Elkhart as well. I think if the Tigers can somehow add Crown Point/Chesterton/Merrillville/Valparaiso or Elkhart to the schedule in addition to keeping Michigan City, those would all be improvements to the schedule.

However, devils advocate here, it is nice to play a school like Columbia City or Huntington North week 1 in the season for new players to get used to the system and whatnot. As difficult as it is for teams to prepare for Bart Ball, I believe it takes a few weeks for the Tigers to work the kinks out themselves on that side of the ball, as indicated in all three years weeks 1 and 2 under Coach Curtis.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, southend said:

Who did they beat? I think the story is a very mediocre northeast indiana football 

I thought the story was the steady decline of the SAC over the past 15-20 years? Are you expanding the steady decline to Northeast Indiana? Don't move the goal posts.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I absolutely do. When all you need is 3 1/2 yards every play... I don't care who you are, it's tough to beat. As well, with Bart Ball, time of possession is the ultimate equalizer IMO. The other team can't score if you have the ball. And if the other team only has 4-5 opportunities to score each game, that will keep every game close and thus winnable.

I can't image Warsaw ever scheduling a team from the MIC or HCC due to travel. The Huntington North game was added at a time when they were 5A and I know a desire to move away from beating up on Columbia City almost every year (taking nothing away from the CC program here). Granted, not entirely sure HN is really an upgrade, but an area 5A team that has potential IMO. However, I know there are rumors/rumblings of potentially adding another DAC team to the schedule or newly 6A powerhouse Elkhart as well. I think if the Tigers can somehow add Crown Point/Chesterton/Merrillville/Valparaiso or Elkhart to the schedule in addition to keeping Michigan City, those would all be improvements to the schedule.

However, devils advocate here, it is nice to play a school like Columbia City or Huntington North week 1 in the season for new players to get used to the system and whatnot. As difficult as it is for teams to prepare for Bart Ball, I believe it takes a few weeks for the Tigers to work the kinks out themselves on that side of the ball, as indicated in all three years weeks 1 and 2 under Coach Curtis.

I agree with the logic, the only downfall is what we saw against Homestead where one penalty on offense absolutely kills the offense and forces them to get away from the 3 1/2 yards a play mentality.

If I was Warsaw I would be looking to replace Huntington North ASAP - any of the teams you listed above would be much better than beating up HN for the next however many years. It will also help see what the competition has to offer when it comes to tournament time. 

Working out the kinks in the early weeks could be done in the summer with scrimmages (hopefully we get back to normal times we these can actually occur...)

7 minutes ago, Prospect said:

I agree with the logic, the only downfall is what we saw against Homestead where one penalty on offense absolutely kills the offense and forces them to get away from the 3 1/2 yards a play mentality.

Yes I agree. Honestly this is against ANY opponent on ANY given week. If the offense shoots itself in the foot too often, they will lose the game. If they execute near perfection? I truly believe they could beat anyone. It is a lot to ask for perfection week in and week out, but if it happens, the style of offense can beat anyone. What would help is to have a hell of a defense as well. This year was not the case for the Tigers. The front 7 was especially weak this year.

28 minutes ago, southend said:

Who did they beat? I think the story is a very mediocre northeast indiana football 

Out of the 4 teams, Concordia is the only one who is in trouble and need of a miracle on Friday. You are really good at making these kinds of statements, but awful at backing them up.