Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard-Roncalli -Cathedral are combined 33-3 / PP dominance at all time high

Guest DT

I dont believe these 3 schools have ever posted such a dominating combined record at this point in any previous Indiana high school football season.

Take away Chatards loss to Cathedral and Roncalli's loss to Chatard, and you have the 3 schools combining for only one loss outside of their sphere of dominance.

Add in the fact that Cathedral just walked over its toughest ever regular season schedule, and Chatard won its conference championship and added imporessive wins over several 5A and 6A competitors, and youve got a level of PP dominance not seen since just before  the implementation of the Success Factor.  

I am of the belief that what we are seeing is a Covid influenced rebalancing of power that will likely have long term impact and negative ramifications on many schools throughout the state. PPs and affluent school districts will continue to get stronger, while rural and blue collar communities will continue to see their share of football success dwindle.

Edited by DT

I still see no logic to a contention that this heralds some sort of a sea change in Indiana high school football that is “long term” in nature. We haven’t even completed a single season following the pandemic. That must be a really special crystal ball you’ve got there. Settle down. If things have changed to the point where some kind of adjustment is necessary, we can do that. But this sort of knee jerk reaction to information that is incomplete, at best, is just alarmist

28 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I still see no logic to a contention that this heralds some sort of a sea change in Indiana high school football that is “long term” in nature. We haven’t even completed a single season following the pandemic. That must be a really special crystal ball you’ve got there. Settle down. If things have changed to the point where some kind of adjustment is necessary, we can do that. But this sort of knee jerk reaction to information that is incomplete, at best, is just alarmist

I think we both know that DT believes the things he writes just as often as crocodiles shed actual heartfelt tears.

The idea that we can project any long term effect on Indiana HS football/sports based on the pandemic is more than ludicrous.  We can’t possibly know if or what it might be.....even if it will be any more than a temporary effect at all.

The further supposition that the 2.0 multiplier is somehow a “cure” for this “kind of/maybe/potentially” possible pandemic based long term effect on HS sports is insane.  It is, quite literally, snake oil.

The worst part of his whole premise is that it’s insincere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

I see it as an opportunity for a reset

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

I think we both know that DT believes the things he writes just as often as crocodiles shed actual heartfelt tears.

The idea that we can project any long term effect on Indiana HS football/sports based on the pandemic is more than ludicrous.  We can’t possibly know if or what it might be.....even if it will be any more than a temporary effect at all.

The further supposition that the 2.0 multiplier is somehow a “cure” for this “kind of/maybe/potentially” possible pandemic based long term effect on HS sports is insane.  It is, quite literally, snake oil.

The worst part of his whole premise is that it’s insincere.

The Pandemic has exacerbated the CB issue and exposed its many flaws