Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big Ten = Upside Down

temptation

The question those programs have to ask is who replaces them? Especially for Michigan. Is there a big name, successful coach looking to move to the next level? Penn State is in a similar boat. Minnesota has not had much success over the years, so no need for a big time hire. Of the 3, I think Fleck is the safest one. But he and Franklin are experiencing a bad year for the first time. I don't think Harbaugh is safe. Maybe if they beat OSU???? 

49 minutes ago, temptation said:

Do Harbaugh, Fleck and Franklin survive 2020 and get a “Covid pass?”

Once thought of as three brilliant minds whose upside was phenomenal and about to be a combined 2-10...

Yes you will see coaches that would normally get axed spared due to lack of revenue however I think harbaugh is done 

On 11/14/2020 at 5:43 PM, temptation said:

Once thought of as three brilliant minds whose upside was phenomenal and about to be a combined 2-10...

Fleck and Franklin, absolutely. Just 1 bad year. Franklin will turn Penn State around. I'm curious to see how Fleck handles adversity this year and into next now that the experienced players he inherited are now gone. Harbaugh is gone. That team has no fight and appears to have quit on him. If nothing else you could expect a Harbaugh coached team to play with a purpose. It's time to move on. 

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Fleck and Franklin, absolutely. Just 1 bad year. Franklin will turn Penn State around. I'm curious to see how Fleck handles adversity this year and into next now that the experienced players he inherited are now gone. Harbaugh is gone. That team has no fight and appears to have quit on him. If nothing else you could expect a Harbaugh coached team to play with a purpose. It's time to move on. 

Where do you go?  Even if there is a “mutual departure” who do you bring in to follow the “savior”/hometown guy who you ran out of town?

DT used the word “toxic” to describe the UM job, which is a bit extreme but who is lining up to follow Harbaugh?

44 minutes ago, temptation said:

Where do you go?  Even if there is a “mutual departure” who do you bring in to follow the “savior”/hometown guy who you ran out of town?

DT used the word “toxic” to describe the UM job, which is a bit extreme but who is lining up to follow Harbaugh?

I don't know, but Harbaugh makes over $7 million/yr.  At that price tag, they'll have plenty of applicants.

On 11/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, temptation said:

Fleck will, Franklin might, be I feel Jimbo is a goner.  I still like bringing in Coastal’s Coach as keeping it in the family doesn’t always work.  There’s also Buffalo’s coach who is setting the MAC on fire, Napier at Leezyanna is OK, and I’m sure other things could come about as I am glued to Forensic Files as opposed to the B1G Channel or SEC Network.  Love him or hate him, Paul Finnebaum knows his stuff.

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Fleck will, Franklin might, be I feel Jimbo is a goner.  I still like bringing in Coastal’s Coach as keeping it in the family doesn’t always work.  There’s also Buffalo’s coach who is setting the MAC on fire, Napier at Leezyanna is OK, and I’m sure other things could come about as I am glued to Forensic Files as opposed to the B1G Channel or SEC Network.  Love him or hate him, Paul Finnebaum knows his stuff.

Napier apparently didn’t stay in his “hizzle” either. 

Franklin might be the biggest fraud of them all on my opinion. Guy gets out coached in seemingly every big game. Harbaugh by record (excluding this year) hasn’t been terrible, he just can’t beat Ohio State which apparently at Michigan means more than winning a national title. 

For me Luke Fickell is a no-brainer at either UM or PSU. Not sure Fickell entertains the UM job given his Buckeye alumnus status, but he’s not going to get a bigger than Penn State or Michigan.