Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Playoffs 2021

Irishman

Bills get by...barely. It was good to see the Colts compete. Questionable play calls at the end of the first half. Always take the points Coach. 

The Seahwaks Rams game was brutal. Both defenses LOOKED great, but both o lines were not good. The Rams took a beating physically though, and now it looks like they head to Lambeau Field (Yes I say that in my John Facenda voice....every time) 

In the nightcap, it just feels like Tampa has been in control, but Washington keeps themselves within striking distance, but appear to have run out of gas. Heinicke has played well, but has taken a beating. 

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

Bills get by...barely. It was good to see the Colts compete. Questionable play calls at the end of the first half. Always take the points Coach. 

The Seahwaks Rams game was brutal. Both defenses LOOKED great, but both o lines were not good. The Rams took a beating physically though, and now it looks like they head to Lambeau Field (Yes I say that in my John Facenda voice....every time) 

In the nightcap, it just feels like Tampa has been in control, but Washington keeps themselves within striking distance, but appear to have run out of gas. Heinicke has played well, but has taken a beating. 

Chase Young, 3 tackles.

If you swing at the king, don’t miss.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

Came away very impressed with Heinicke. What a great story. His teammates were genuinely happy for him. I’d take 11 if his type any day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

Came away very impressed with Heinicke. What a great story. His teammates were genuinely happy for him. I’d take 11 if his type any day. 

Likewise.  The story from his practice squad days in NE was awesome.

He was trying to impress Belichick so he showed up at 5:15am and Brady was already there watching film when he arrived.  They watched together for an hour before any other players arrived.

• Like 2

I was impressed with how the Ravens finished today. They looked like they were playing angry. Jackson just took the game over.

Bears defense played well, but man, they were on the field a lot. They had chances. You cannot afford to have clear TD passes dropped. 

Cleveland could not have written a better script for how to start a game. Steelers just look off. Ben’s throws are just off. That said, they started this way against the Colts, but the score was not 21-0 then. And Cleveland gets a pick and returns it deep into Steeler territory. Going up 4 scores could take Pittsburgh out of their game plan.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I was impressed with how the Ravens finished today. They looked like they were playing angry. Jackson just took the game over.

Bears defense played well, but man, they were on the field a lot. They had chances. You cannot afford to have clear TD passes dropped. 

Cleveland could not have written a better script for how to start a game. Steelers just look off. Ben’s throws are just off. That said, they started this way against the Colts, but the score was not 21-0 then. And Cleveland gets a pick and returns it deep into Steeler territory. Going up 4 scores could take Pittsburgh out of their game plan.

Chicago Bears: you need more than 200 yards of offense to win a game in most cases.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

And how many yards in penalties, including a DQ?

Miller needs to go. I can't believe we had another WR fragile enough to take the bait of that NO DB. Wims needs to go as well. No point in keeping a WR that will drop key passes when he does get playing time. Looking forward to seeing some house cleaning take place in Lake Forest. 

Morals of the story:

Don't smoke cigars after winning a regular season game (Seahawks).
Don't call out the GOAT unless you are going to show up and back it up (Chase Young/WFT).
Don't stomp on our logo before a regular season contest (Titans).
Don't dance on the logos of other teams and pretend that the Browns are "just another team" (Juju/Steelers).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Don't call out the GOAT unless you are going to show up and back it up (Chase Young/WFT).

I think what Brady has done this season should put to rest any lingering criticism that he would be unsuccessful without Belichek and McDaniels. He’s become the de facto offensive coordinator of the Bucs, and has been among the elite in the league the second half of the season. He’s got a tall task against New Orleans. But if they get past the Saints, I really like his chances of going into Lambeau and wiping that smarmy smirk off A-Rog’s face.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

Morals of the story:

Don't smoke cigars after winning a regular season game (Seahawks).
Don't stomp on our logo before a regular season contest (Titans).
Don't dance on the logos of other teams and pretend that the Browns are "just another team" (Juju/Steelers).

I see a distinct pattern in all the NFL, and it isn't good.

And sadly, the media pushes this narrative.  I would believe that the vast majority of the NFL has decent guys.

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I think what Brady has done this season should put to rest any lingering criticism that he would be unsuccessful without Belichek and McDaniels. He’s become the de facto offensive coordinator of the Bucs, and has been among the elite in the league the second half of the season. He’s got a tall task against New Orleans. But if they get past the Saints, I really like his chances of going into Lambeau and wiping that smarmy smirk off A-Rog’s face.

LOL

De facto?  He IS.

Leftwich is light years away from being a HC.  Personally, I do not think he is ready to be an OC.

28 minutes ago, DE said:

I see a distinct pattern in all the NFL, and it isn't good.

And sadly, the media pushes this narrative.  I would believe that the vast majority of the NFL has decent guys.

Yep, its promoted and while I think that healthy rivalries are good for the game its a tough sell for me sometimes as an educator.  Winning with class seems to be a thing of the past for many players.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yep, its promoted and while I think that healthy rivalries are good for the game its a tough sell for me sometimes as an educator.  Winning with class seems to be a thing of the past for many players.

Class and the NFL (as a whole) do not go in the same sentence, but I get what you are saying.

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

I am actually starting to change my tone when it comes to bulletin board material.  I used to say it made no difference but between the national semi-final in CFB and what we saw this past weekend in the NFL, I think it has some merit.

Especially in a year like this, where everyone's tensions are running high....

And to add fuel to any fire is just plain STUPID!

10 minutes ago, DE said:

Especially in a year like this, where everyone's tensions are running high....

And to add fuel to any fire is just plain STUPID!

Simply put:  Some guys are more interested in their "brand" and "likes" on social media as opposed to winning games on the field.

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So, is the last time we will see Mr. Rivers and Mr. Roethlisberger on a football field?

I think they will both be back. I think the Colts should sign Rivers. The alternatives are not as good as what they have at this time. Pittsburgh does have some rebuilding to do, but I think Ben plays at least one more year. 

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The 3 Stooges, Grambling State, and Arizona State Marching Bands

another great picture....two great football minds. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, sky and outdoor

Gary, In. legend, Coach Hank Stram. 

14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The 3 Stooges, Grambling State, and Arizona State Marching Bands

another great picture....two great football minds. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, sky and outdoor

I was joking about the halftime show. 😂. Are you serious?