Colts 2021

Muda69

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Noted.

Mr. Eason couldn't improvise his way out of a paper bag.  I'll take more football smarts and scrambling ability than a rocket arm any day of the week.   The days of Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc. are coming to a quick end.  

Perhaps but lets also consider the personnel the defense had in late in the game.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Perhaps but lets also consider the personnel the defense had in late in the game.

I'll agree with your there.  I don't believe Mr. Eason or Mr. Erhlinger have much hope yet against a first string NFL defense.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Methinks that the pre-season accolades towards the Colts defense and their o-line went to their heads.  That was a very disappointing performance. 

The offense was not very good, but the defense sure was bad.

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Methinks that the pre-season accolades towards the Colts defense and their o-line went to their heads.  That was a very disappointing performance. 

I know that sometimes one play can be over magnified and blown out of proportion but I believe the decision to kick the FG on 4th and goal from the 2 after a 9 minute opening drive was asinine.  Most professional coaches are way too conservative when it comes to this decision in my opinion.  That was a huge win for Seattle and they went down and scored anyway and the Colts never recovered.

Even in the event they stop you there, the likelihood of them driving 98-99 yards is pretty damn low.  

I'm all for "taking the points" early in the game in certain circumstances, but not that one.