Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big Crowds in the Fort

The crowds in Fort Wayne looked pretty solid last night. Carroll probably had 5000 fans show up in the 90 degree heat to witness the opening of their new stadium. Luers had about 1000 in attendance. It was a great atmosphere for football to say the least.

On YouTube, it looked like Snider packed the small visiting side of North Side with about 1500 people. That's pretty good representation for a road game with very little seating. 

How were the crowds in Indy and other parts of the state?

• Like 1

I'd say Avon was about 2/3 of a normal crowd, which would be somewhere around 3,000. With no band that probably had something to do with it. Kudos to the students though, who brought like I haven't seen in years, and stayed until the end!

Lawrence North had somewhere around 100-150.

20 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I'd say Avon was about 2/3 of a normal crowd, which would be somewhere around 3,000. With no band that probably had something to do with it. Kudos to the students though, who brought like I haven't seen in years, and stayed until the end!

So Avon had roughly the equivalent of its student population and LN had about 4 percent of theirs?  Yikes.

55 minutes ago, BTF said:

The crowds in Fort Wayne looked pretty solid last night. Carroll probably had 5000 fans show up in the 90 degree heat to witness the opening of their new stadium. Luers had about 1000 in attendance. It was a great atmosphere for football to say the least.

On YouTube, it looked like Snider packed the small visiting side of North Side with about 1500 people. That's pretty good representation for a road game with very little seating. 

How were the crowds in Indy and other parts of the state?

BTF, we need to start a Go Fund me Page for football stadium at Snider. 

2 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'd be on board with that, but from my understanding it's a little more complicated than that or it would have already been done. Maybe, since FWCS is all equality among schools, they have a plan in mind for Snider since they are the only school without their own stadium. 

32 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

My line of thought is that crowds will be bigger this year since most fans had to go a year without attending. 

7 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Every time it comes up, the neighborhood fights it. They won't allow lights to go up. Many a softball game has been called early there for darkness. :-/

If that attitude has changed I haven't seen it yet. I have several friends who live just east of Lane M.S. and I know they don't care one way or the other (at least they wouldn't fight it).

On 8/21/2021 at 3:08 PM, DK_Barons said:

Every time it comes up, the neighborhood fights it. They won't allow lights to go up. Many a softball game has been called early there for darkness. :-/

If that attitude has changed I haven't seen it yet. I have several friends who live just east of Lane M.S. and I know they don't care one way or the other (at least they wouldn't fight it).

The parking is what stops them from building on campus..the old home depot on coliseum is just up the road...that spot would be perfect..just need to shake the right hand😉 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, Justasportsfan said:

The parking is what stops them from building on campus..the old home depot on coliseum is just up the road...that spot would be perfect..just need to shake the right hand😉 

I don't see any more parking capacity at Dwenger than what I see at Snider and across the street at Lane Middle School and the elementary school. I've heard the issue about the lights and neighborhood, I'm sure there is some form of better light technology out there that can light up the playing field but not the surrounding area. It's not like you are flooding the sky with lights. 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

I don't see any more parking capacity at Dwenger than what I see at Snider and across the street at Lane Middle School and the elementary school. I've heard the issue about the lights and neighborhood, I'm sure there is some form of better light technology out there that can light up the playing field but not the surrounding area. It's not like you are flooding the sky with lights. 

They have lights now. They could flip the field now with the practice field and build.. parking is about the same as BD. Plus you probably could tap into ST. Charles for parking.  Would love to see it.

My dumb ass brother in law fought the last stadium. 

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

Last time it was brought up..st Charles did want to allow additional parking and lane was off limits as well..the student body and faculty take up most of the lot during school days..n the powers that be believed the community would come out in groves creating a parking disaster..wonder what the measurements of Northrop parking lot are compared to sniders..they used them as a reference since it was their current home...not sure where bd has overflow parking..that middle school across the street? I like the idea of flipping the field n building from there..my parents voted for the stadium yrs ago yet the neighborhood association complained about the items stated above..no beuno..

Edited by Justasportsfan

8 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Last time it was brought up..st Charles did want to allow additional parking and lane was off limits as well..the student body and faculty take up most of the lot during school days..n the powers that be believed the community would come out in groves creating a parking disaster..wonder what the measurements of Northrop parking lot are compared to sniders..they used them as a reference since it was their current home...not sure where bd has overflow parking..that middle school across the street? I like the idea of flipping the field n building from there..my parents voted for the stadium yrs ago yet the neighborhood association complained about the items stated above..no beuno..

A good portion of the community could just walk. Snider is surrounded by neighborhoods. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BTF said:

A good portion of the community could just walk. Snider is surrounded by neighborhoods. 

I always thought they were full of it the first few go rounds..hopefully the board has changed since then..those same neighborhoods keep voting against the stadium to be built on campus as well..granted these were in the times of the panthers being regional threats year in n year out n casual fans may have found others to support..

3 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

I always thought they were full of it the first few go rounds..hopefully the board has changed since then..those same neighborhoods keep voting against the stadium to be built on campus as well..granted these were in the times of the panthers being regional threats year in n year out n casual fans may have found others to support..

Snider's no longer a regional threat year in and year out? I wouldn't discount discount four decades of success because of a couple of down years. Anyways.............su casa mi casa. They're used to getting on a bus for every game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Snider's no longer a regional threat year in and year out? I wouldn't discount discount four decades of success because of a couple of down years. Anyways.............su casa mi casa. They're used to getting on a bus for every game. 

Lol hey..I'm js..a buddy from another part of the state reminds me that sni high was ALWAYS a regional competitor n used the "what have they done lately" phrase..2015..16..n 17 are quickly forgotten by some..I'm with u on this one though. Mea culpa..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Not sure why during school days would be issue, school is out before crowds arrive. I think they can get by without St Charles parking. They crammed a stadium into the space at Dwenger, they can do at Snider. Do realize it is a "public" school vs "private" school, that could well be the big difference. 

• Like 1

Great atmosphere at Spuller stadium tonight. Great game in front of about 5000 fans. Kudos to both communities for bringing it. Carroll got the win, but Neon Nation took a spanking from the Snider student section. Atmospheres like this are what make high school football special. 

Edited by BTF
Grammer - GID is a rough crew when it comes to that