Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

40 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Doug might want to consider moving some of his JV guys up to Varsity.  I honestly thought a number of them looked better than their starters.

Easily the smallest Castle team I can recall.

Sounds like it from what I have seen

50 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Doug might want to consider moving some of his JV guys up to Varsity.  I honestly thought a number of them looked better than their starters.

Easily the smallest Castle team I can recall.

Hurt had mentioned in CP article preview they are small. That’s an understatement. Still puzzled by a school with just over 50 on roster with 2000 students. 

Edited by Screagle

So it looks like Memorial will be without several starters for at least the opener against Jasper.

WR Leo Collins was in street clothes with a knee brace.  Hearing he likely won’t play next week.

RB Porter Rode’s final hearing on his transfer appeal won’t happen until after the Jasper game.

DE Joey Collins was in street clothes in a boot.  No word on his status.

OL Edward Hartig will miss the first two games for a disciplinary reason.

DT Kaleb Collins hasn’t practiced yet while recovering from an off-season injury.

Edited by MHSTigerFan
  • Disdain 1

5 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

So it looks like Memorial will be without several starters for at least the opener against Jasper.

WR Leo Collins was in street clothes with a knee brace.  Hearing he likely won’t play next week.

RB Porter Rode’s final hearing on his transfer appeal won’t happen until after the Jasper game.

DE Joey Collins was in street clothes in a boot.  No word on his status.

OL Edward Hartig will miss the first two games for a disciplinary reason.

DT Kaleb Collins hasn’t practiced yet while recovering from an off-season injury.

Jasper and North will be eyeing this, going to be a very, very long 2 weeks for the Tigers

4 minutes ago, Screagle said:

It will be a great two weeks. It’s football. Next man up. 

That is completely true, next man up to fill the position. You have to work hard to earn your spot. 

Week 1 will be fun with Memorial at Jasper, but also an intriguing matchup nevertheless. Going to be interesting to see how Jasper O will handle Memorial’s D, since Jasper only returns 2 starters (I think). No idea how many returns on the Defensive side for Jasper except for DB Blair and Kabrick. Memorial’s O will busy with with them. Should be a fun game in a packed stadium!

2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Beautiful evening at Warrior Field for VL/NK scrimmage.

Nice to see Xander Hunt back at QB for Lincoln.  And nice to see the Alices generate a little offense. 

Does Hunt throw well or more of a ground threat?

Is that RB (I think Johnson) that got hurt last year back to playing now? How’s he looking? I know there was high hopes for him in Alice land. 

Not sure what scrimmage  the the CP sports staff reporter was watching in Paradise last night. She mentioned several big plays by the Knights. Lmao. Castle  varsity didn’t score in their 1st 25 total plays.  0 for 10 in the red zone. Finally scored in session 3 after the Tigers started playing backups.
At one point I think it was 6 TDs to 0 Memorial. Castle JV hit some big plays in JV season. Be better Treasure Washington or at least pay attention. Don’t be another Gordon.   

Edited by Screagle

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Not sure what scrimmage  the the CP sports staff reporter was watching in Paradise last night. She mentioned several big plays by the Knights. Lmao. Castle  varsity didn’t score in their 1st 25 total plays.  0 for 10 in the red zone. Finally scored in session 3 after the Tigers started playing backups.
At one point I think it was 6 TDs to 0 Memorial. Castle JV hit some big plays in JV season. Be better Treasure Washington or at least pay attention. Don’t be another Gordon.   

Don't assume the new writers understand the format. Plus they try to take video for social media so they have a lot going on. She was down at the corner near the drain / sink hole so she was looking into the sun for the first 45 mins. 

The biggest take-away for me was how small Castle was and although I was looking west too, I counted less than 60 on the squad.

I was pleasantly surprised to see some good depth at WR and our D was better than I expected. Jasper will be a tough Wk1 test (as always) with us having a few guys out. Hopefully we'll get Rode for Wk.2. 

Edited by tango

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Looked like a couple of forced throws into tight windows and a couple of really bad reads

Thanks, the videos I was looking at only showed scoring plays and a little bit of defensive plays.

1 hour ago, tango said:

was pleasantly surprised to see some good depth at WR and our D was better than I expected. Jasper will be a tough Wk1 test (as always) with us

I think both teams are going to struggle a bit in that matchup due to either injuries/new faces.

23 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Does Hunt throw well or more of a ground threat?

Is that RB (I think Johnson) that got hurt last year back to playing now? How’s he looking? I know there was high hopes for him in Alice land. 

Hunt’s definitely got some wheels, but I would expect a pretty balanced utilization of him. He had a long rushing TD, but threw for 3 more in the scrimmage. 

And Johnson looked good in his limited touches as well. Two major pieces back for Lincoln that are reasons for optimism. 

3 hours ago, tango said:

I thought Boonville looked pretty raw at that 4-team scrimmage with New Palestine, Ev. Memorial, and Castle.

But you can’t draw too many conclusions from something like that.  There are usually players not there - especially if they’re multi-sport.  And teams obviously haven’t had much practice.