Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

16 hours ago, temptation said:

Nah, I agreed with your sentiments but the REASON for them doing it is blatantly obvious.  

As for App State, they were THE FCS school at the time coming off a national title.  Tennessee State is a completely different story.

But you already knew that.  

(Imagine attempting to throw shade by dropping a joke from a decade and a half ago to make yourself feel better.)

45-14 in the rain must still hurt.

Unfortunately that's all you need to shut us ND fans up 

And I personally do not like the scheduling of Tennessee St but I get that's where major college football is heading. As long as they beat TS by 50 and also can beat Clemson, Ohio St and USC I won't complain haha. So in 2023 they'll open up with Navy (in Ireland), Tennessee St, and Central Michigan before hosting Ohio St at home. 

On 4/12/2022 at 8:33 AM, Bash Riprock said:

My wife says the "boys" are just fine.  she keeps them in her purse.  I haven't seen them in awhile....

Well played sir.  😂

On 4/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, Bobref said:

Let’s see, ND gets good pub. TSU specifically, and HBCUs in general, get exposure on a national stage they wouldn’t otherwise have + money + a recruiting boost (“look who/where we play”), Marcus Freeman & Eddie George manifest their friendship in a very productive way, do I need to go on? Sounds like a “win” all the way around. Why all the cynicism? Life is not always a zero sum game.

All true + excellent spin to the story.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Yep.  The view from up here is great.

ND fan here, but man, their arrogance is disgusting.....maybe worse than O$U's.

Beat the chest after that a$$ whipping.  

I enjoy UM fb except when they play ND and I always cheer for the blue when they play O$U.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DE said:

I enjoy UM fb except when they play ND and I always cheer for the blue when they play O$U.

I am the observer that hopes OSU and Michigan beat each other senseless to a 0-0 tie.  When both teams play, its a Joe Dirt mullet convention.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I am the observer that hopes OSU and Michigan beat each other senseless to a 0-0 tie.  When both teams play, its a Joe Dirt mullet convention.....

Colin Kaepernick looks awful in that #1 jersey smoking that heater.

8 hours ago, DE said:

I also like Michigan football when they aren't playing a team from Indiana. I just hate that they are a liberal college. 

Edited by BTF
Grammer - GID is a rough crew when it comes to that

9 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Unfortunately that's all you need to shut us ND fans up 

Honestly? I know a lot of Notre Dame fans and none of them ever bring up the Michigan game. The Irish program is too busy focusing on retaining their #1 ranked 2023 recruiting class and getting back the playoffs. I can assure you they've moved on from what happened in Ann Arbor.

Haters are gonna hate. 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

Honestly? I know a lot of Notre Dame fans and none of them ever bring up the Michigan game. The Irish program is too busy focusing on retaining their #1 ranked 2023 recruiting class and getting back the playoffs. I can assure you they've moved on from what happened in Ann Arbor.

Haters are gonna hate. 

I think he’s referring more so to a specific conversation between UM/ND fans.  

There is no denying that both programs are in good shape.

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

Haters are gonna hate. 

I was talking about a Michigan fan referring to that game to get the “last” word in. No reason for any ND fan but to think about that game let alone mention it 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

Haters are gonna hate. 

As the 23 class goes (Dante or bust), I’d be shocked if they finish #1. A top 3 finish is a better expectation IMO

11 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

As the 23 class goes (Dante or bust), I’d be shocked if they finish #1. A top 3 finish is a better expectation IMO

Dante isn't even a factor right now in their #1 ranking. They're #1 without him. The odds are against ND to retain that ranking, but I'm not sure I'd bet against Freeman's capabilities. I'd be thrilled with Top 5. I mean, this is Notre Dame after all. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BTF said:

Dante isn't even a factor right now in their #1 ranking. They're #1 without him. The odds are against ND to retain that ranking, but I'm not sure I'd bet against Freeman's capabilities. I'd be thrilled with Top 5. I mean, this is Notre Dame after all. 

I don’t view the Michigan/ND rivalry the same way I view Michigan’s rivalry with OSU/MSU.

There is a mutual respect for one another because both programs seem to do things the right way and haven’t forgotten the STUDENT part of student-athlete.

I “dislike” ND for other reasons (mainly their arrogance, the fact that they get their own set of rules, and the fact that their fans couldn’t find the Joyce Center on a campus map) but will root for them over the two teams mentioned above or ANYONE from the SEC any day.

Edited by temptation

ESPN’s initial Football Power Index came out for the 2022 college season:

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Clemson
  5. Notre Dame
  6. Texas
  7. Michigan
  8. Oklahoma 
  9. Pitt
  10. Auburn

Unsurprisingly, it’s pretty much “round up the usual suspects.”

Irish currently scheduled to play 2 of the 4 teams ranked above them: Ohio State at the Shoe and Clemson at home. 

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Clemson
  5. Notre Dame
  6. Texas
  7. Michigan
  8. Oklahoma 
  9. Pitt
  10. Auburn

Irish currently scheduled to play 2 of the 4 teams ranked above them: Ohio State at the Shoe and Clemson at home. 

Do we now say their is a big 4, which was once the big 3?

***In terms of recruiting classes.***

Big 3 was Alabama, O$U, and Clemson.

Big 4 just add UGA.

Texas, Pitt, and Auburn all jump out to me.  Especially Pitt.

10 minutes ago, DE said:

Texas, Pitt, and Auburn all jump out to me.  Especially Pitt.

Agreed. Don’t know how Pitt would be better, since they graduated the best QB they’ve had since Dan Marino. But Texas is the significant one. With the resources available to that program, including their in-state recruiting base, if they get this thing headed in the right direction in 3 years they could be the new Alabama … especially if they land prize recruit Arch Manning.

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Agreed. Don’t know how Pitt would be better, since they graduated the best QB they’ve had since Dan Marino. But Texas is the significant one. With the resources available to that program, including their in-state recruiting base, if they get this thing headed in the right direction in 3 years they could be the new Alabama … especially if they land prize recruit Arch Manning.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't dare venture to Texas Longhorn boards, but I wonder why they have struggled in recent years (since their natty).

56 minutes ago, Bobref said:

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Clemson
  5. Notre Dame
  6. Texas
  7. Michigan
  8. Oklahoma 
  9. Pitt
  10. Auburn

Pitt?  Really?  Wow.  Also, when are folks going to learn about Texas?

Clemson will be fascinating.  Dabo whining about NIL and the transfer portal is rich.  Will be interesting to see how he does without Elliott/Venables.

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Clemson will be fascinating.  Dabo whining about NIL and the transfer portal is rich.  Will be interesting to see how he does without Elliott/Venables.

I am interested to see how he does as a HC.

Think his demeanor will need to change as the HC compared to that as the DC.

Not a knock.  Don't really have the adverb to describe it, but he did have his own personal "get back coach", lol....maybe a more "hyper" version of Sean McVay.

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Clemson
  5. Notre Dame
  6. Texas
  7. Michigan
  8. Oklahoma 
  9. Pitt
  10. Auburn

Wonder when Texas A&M admin is going to hold Jumbo Fisher accountable to deliver?  Texas?  Guess we shall see.  They need to find a D that can actually stop somebody.....anybody.

Brian Kelly, with his new accent and grind dancing didn't get LSU into the top 10???

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, temptation said:

I don’t view the Michigan/ND rivalry the same way I view Michigan’s rivalry with OSU/MSU.

and the fact that their fans couldn’t find the Joyce Center on a campus map

Hmmmm, I'm not sure most Michigan fans would agree with the first statement. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Lmao at the second sentence. Mainly because there is some truth to it. If it means anything to you, I go to at least one basketball game a year. Notre Dame's fan base for basketball is alumni, South Bend residents, 50% of  ND football fans residing in Indiana, and 10% ND football fans residing in other states. 

10 hours ago, temptation said:

I'd love to see Pitt in the Top 10. That city has lost so many marquee recruits to other programs over the years, it's almost a crime. 

Clemson and Ohio State will both be flops next year. You know exactly why.