Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Beautiful day outside today so I’ll play nice.

Notre Dame DOES boast the second best fight song in the land and their uniforms are top 10.

The recent change in gold keeps them out of my top 5.

I’m biased but they’re be in my top 5. No order but I’d say ND, hate to admit but USC and Michigan, BYU, and I always liked Colorado with the black pants white jerseys and gold helmets. 
Don’t know a ton of fight songs but I do like Tennessee and Wake Forest. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I’m biased but they’re be in my top 5. No order but I’d say ND, hate to admit but USC and Michigan, BYU, and I always liked Colorado with the black pants white jerseys and gold helmets. 
Don’t know a ton of fight songs but I do like Tennessee and Wake Forest. 

Uniforms:

1.  Michigan

2.  Oregon

3.  Penn State

4.  Ohio State

5.  UCLA

Fight Songs:

1.  Michigan 

2.  Notre Dame

3.  Tennessee

4.  USC

5.  Texas

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

Uniforms:

1.  Michigan

2.  Oregon

3.  Penn State

4.  Ohio State

5.  UCLA

Fight Songs:

1.  Michigan 

2.  Notre Dame

3.  Tennessee

4.  USC

5.  Texas

Dang. Talk about a difference in uniforms with 2 and 3. 

Oregon has 9247794929 combos and Penn. St. has 2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, temptation said:

Uniforms:

1.  Michigan

2.  Oregon

3.  Penn State

4.  Ohio State

5.  UCLA

Fight Songs:

1.  Michigan 

2.  Notre Dame

3.  Tennessee

4.  USC

5.  Texas

I've been working on the railroad?

14 hours ago, temptation said:

Oh, Texas Bite. I'll take A&M's over Texas any day of the week; especially given its origins.  If the swaying stands don't get you, the last video should regardless of political affiliation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxbat said:

Oh, Texas Bite. I'll take A&M's over Texas any day of the week; especially given its origins.  If the swaying stands don't get you, the last video should regardless of political affiliation.

Great find/fair point.

I guess some of my bias when it comes to fight songs lies in the fact that I’ve heard them played in big moments of big games.

A&M has been a largely irrelevant program during my lifetime.

Now, you want to get into game day traditions?  The swaying of the 12th man might make that list of mine.  It’s cool as hell.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Great find/fair point.

I guess some of my bias when it comes to fight songs lies in the fact that I’ve heard them played in big moments of big games.

A&M has been a largely irrelevant program during my lifetime.

Now, you want to get into game day traditions?  The swaying of the 12th man might make that list of mine.  It’s cool as hell.

If you get the chance to experience it live, it's well-worth a trip; especially in the upper deck.  The deck itself moves as well as the students.

25 minutes ago, foxbat said:

If you get the chance to experience it live, it's well-worth a trip; especially in the upper deck.  The deck itself moves as well as the students.

So I’ve heard.

No ranking but a few that come to mind:

Script Ohio (actually was first performed by the the UM band, lol)

Jump Around

Traveler

Enter Sandman

The Children’s Hospital Wave

The Go Blue Banner

Howard’s Rock

Toomer’s Corner

Chief Osceola

Ralphie

The Sooner Schooner

Surely I’m missing a few.  What separates college football from any other sport in my opinion.

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

So I’ve heard.

Jump Around

Traveler

Enter Sandman

The Go Blue Banner

Howard’s Rock

Toomer’s Corner

Chief Osceola

Ralphie

The Sooner Schooner

Surely I’m missing a few.  What separates college football from any other sport in my opinion.

Where and what is traveler? Don’t know that one by name. 

Watched the Blue-Gold game yesterday and I know it’s hard to gauge from a scrimmage but the offense looked bad. No Tyler Buchnar meant Drew Pyne starting for both squads and he looked bad. In his defense he got no rest in between series and the wr core is limited by both scholarship players and experience but DP did not take advantage of this opportunity. (And he also physically did not look good with the half cut jersey showing of his stomach 😳 ). Maybe the defense is just that good (hey they did tackle) but don’t think there’s much doubt the Irish need help from that portal at wide receiver and perhaps quarterback. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Watched the Blue-Gold game yesterday and I know it’s hard to gauge from a scrimmage but the offense looked bad. No Tyler Buchnar meant Drew Pyne starting for both squads and he looked bad. In his defense he got no rest in between series and the wr core is limited by both scholarship players and experience but DP did not take advantage of this opportunity. (And he also physically did not look good with the half cut jersey showing of his stomach 😳 ). Maybe the defense is just that good (hey they did tackle) but don’t think there’s much doubt the Irish need help from that portal at wide receiver and perhaps quarterback. 

ND didn't have another QB that could take valuable reps on one of the other teams?  Does not sound good.  Wonder what the spin job will be coming from South Bend.....

35 minutes ago, DE said:

ND didn't have another QB that could take valuable reps on one of the other teams?  Does not sound good.  Wonder what the spin job will be coming from South Bend.....

True frosh Steve Angeli and soph Ron Powlus III took snaps but neither are ready to be a starter altho angelli did run in the game winning touchdown. First half was mostly DP and I’m sure he was tired

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:23 AM, temptation said:

So I’ve heard.

Jump Around

Traveler

Enter Sandman

The Go Blue Banner

Howard’s Rock

Toomer’s Corner

Chief Osceola

Ralphie

The Sooner Schooner

The Grove in Oxford MS is the pinnacle of college football tailgating. Fortunate to have attended on a few occasions. Went to an LSU game a few years ago while visiting NOLA on a bachelor party. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, temptation said:

Things have been a bit stale in here lately…figured the bear needs poking.

Don’t shoot the messenger…

95A862F4-1CDF-4189-8A80-6B1BE9571E11.png

The Davie, Willingham, Weiss era's don't count.

In other news: Peyton and Eli were on campus yesterday discussing Arch's future with Freeman. Two five star quarterbacks in the class of 2023?

30 minutes ago, BTF said:

The Davie, Willingham, Weiss era's don't count.

In other news: Peyton and Eli were on campus yesterday discussing Arch's future with Freeman. Two five star quarterbacks in the class of 2023?

Funny I was thinking about Davie, Willingham and Weis too but then I realized they had Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke so I figured I'd shy away and focus on the 2022 season hahaha

42 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Funny I was thinking about Davie, Willingham and Weis too but then I realized they had Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke so I figured I'd shy away and focus on the 2022 season hahaha

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with how the Irish have done over the last decade during the Kelly era. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Rich Rod was 2-1 against ND and Hoke was 2-2…(actually 2-1 or 2-1-1 if you count ND’s vacated season), lol. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Evidently they were on campus to do a photo shoot for NFL Films.