Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Rich Rod was 2-1 against ND and Hoke was 2-2…(actually 2-1 or 2-1-1 if you count ND’s vacated season), lol. 

Still have nightmares of ole shoe lace having his way. Which coach did he play for?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

The Davie, Willingham, Weiss era's don't count.

In other news: Peyton and Eli were on campus yesterday discussing Arch's future with Freeman. Two five star quarterbacks in the class of 2023?

I’d say 0.05% chance arch manning goes to ND. Dante Moore taking his official visits gives me pause on him being a done deal for the Irish. Been to LSU and heading to Oregon next I think. 

would love to see a Peyton and Eli piece on notre dame football 

25 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Still have nightmares of ole shoe lace having his way. Which coach did he play for?

Both.  Recruited by Rich Rod, finished with Hoke.

Had no business winning that game in 2011.

One of my top 5 favorite plays in Michigan history here though…

28 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I’d say 0.05% chance arch manning goes to ND. Dante Moore taking his official visits gives me pause on him being a done deal for the Irish. Been to LSU and heading to Oregon next I think. 

I agree.  I think Moore leaves the Midwest based on the tea leaves.

Unrelated but Michigan made the top two for this freak of an athlete…

https://247sports.com/player/nyckoles-harbor-46114050/

Sub 10.3 electronic 100 meter dash at 6-5, 225…

Has Michigan ties too as his track coach is a UM alum.

Gotta beat out Lincoln Riley though.

Edited by temptation

36 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Kind of agree on Manning. I think it's a lot higher than 5%. But lower than 35%. I'd bet on Moore coming to Notre Dame. He's a midwestern kid from Detroit and proximity is a big deal for a lot of athletes. And don't underestimate Freeman. Already six Top 300 recruits in the class of 2023. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Rich Rod was 2-1 against ND and Hoke was 2-2…(actually 2-1 or 2-1-1 if you count ND’s vacated season), lol. 

Notre Dame fan's don't count the vacated season. We know 90% of college football programs have done worse, but didn't get caught or turn themselves in. Some players cheated on a test. Big deal. I'd cheat to if I had their workload in the fall. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BTF said:

Notre Dame fan's don't count the vacated season. We know 90% of college football programs have done worse, but didn't get caught or turn themselves in. Some players cheated on a test. Big deal. I'd cheat to if I had their workload in the fall. 

So true.  If you “self report” minimal violations, the NCAA seems to turn a blind eye to the rest of your program.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:06 PM, temptation said:

Both.  Recruited by Rich Rod, finished with Hoke.

Had no business winning that game in 2011.

One of my top 5 favorite plays in Michigan history here though…

He was soooo fast. Not one navy jersey was near him once he decided to go “you cannot simulate speed” says the announcer at the end. He ain’t lying

On 4/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, temptation said:

I agree.  I think Moore leaves the Midwest based on the tea leaves.

Unrelated but Michigan made the top two for this freak of an athlete…

https://247sports.com/player/nyckoles-harbor-46114050/

Sub 10.3 electronic 100 meter dash at 6-5, 225…

Has Michigan ties too as his track coach is a UM alum.

Gotta beat out Lincoln Riley though.

That’s quite the offer list

Edited by WolvesOnTheProwl

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

It’s very, very early. Let’s total this up after early signing day, Dec. 21, 2022. It doesn’t mean much until the ink is on the paper.

• Like 1

This is a great story. The Bus is still very connected to the ND program, and the University in general. He is a true Notre Dame man.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-hall-of-famer-jerome-bettis-completes-his-business-degree-at-notre-dame-28-years-after-leaving-university/

Hall of Famer Jerome Bettis completes his business degree at Notre Dame 28 years after leaving university

The 50-year-old can now add a college degree to his already impressive resume.

Former Pittsburgh Steelers star running back Jerome Bettis is officially a college graduate. "The Bus" returned to Notre Dame decades after leaving the university to finish out his degree from the Mendoza School of Business.

The 50-year-old wants to send a message to everyone that it is never too late to go after a goal and emphasizes the importance of education.

The class of 2022 graduate shared the news on Twitter, writing:

"A promise made, a promise kept. 28 years after leaving @NotreDame, I've completed my degree from the Mendoza School of Business. I hope my journey serves as reminder that education is the true equalizer in life and it is never too late to start.”

The "promise" Bettis speaks of is one to his mother, who he told he would graduate college. 

When he first went back to school, he commented on his reasoning for why he decided to go back and pursue his degree.

"I promised my mother that I would get my degree. In my immediate family, I'll be the first person to graduate from college," he said. "But most importantly, I have two children. For them to see dad finish a commitment that he set out some 27 years ago, for me to complete that, I think it says a lot to them."

Embarrassing defenses seemed like second nature to The Bus, but college presented new challenges, especially after being away from the classroom for so long.

"It is so strange. Because I'm so behind the times. I mean, I'm a dinosaur in the sense of school. I don't know where anything is. I'm struggling with the technology," he said. 

Those at Notre Dame know the Hall of Famer getting his degree sends a positive message to others at the school.

"I say to all our coaches that there are three things we should be concerned about versus integrity: Do things the right way, second is help these kids get a degree and do well in their lives, and the third is winning on the field," Notre Dame president Father John Jenkins said. "And Jerome getting a degree after all his success just underscores how important that is."

File this one as: Things you love to see.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, Bash Riprock said:

I noticed this posted on the high school side of the forum.  Any probability that Daeh moving north to live with Dad and catching ND games on Saturdays may result in him flipping to the Irish??

image.thumb.png.9c3e30a3b953a9b8ffbc5727d09038fe.png

Just de-committed from IU. Have to think the Irish are in the running here. 

31 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Just de-committed from IU. Have to think the Irish are in the running here. 

Could kind of see this one coming.....leaves both of his brothers at IU.  Unless they soon both move north to join him.

Question....at most schools, does a child of a parent working at a school get free schooling without taking up a scholly?  In other words, if Daeh ends up playing at ND, does he take up one of the alotted scholarships or would he get free schooling through his father as an employee?

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone is familiar with Coach McCullough's background, but it is a remarkable story. I actually had a chance to meet him as he came to the school to meet our RB at that time. It was a great chat, but before I knew this story. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29324031/kc-chiefs-rb-coach-deland-mccullough-jaw-dropping-story-search-family 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not sure if anyone is familiar with Coach McCullough's background, but it is a remarkable story. I actually had a chance to meet him as he came to the school to meet our RB at that time. It was a great chat, but before I knew this story. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29324031/kc-chiefs-rb-coach-deland-mccullough-jaw-dropping-story-search-family 

I had no idea until I heard about this as well. Really incredible story.

Also read ND has not offered Daeh and isn't likely to end up playing college ball in South Bend. I thought for sure he would be heading to ND with his dad but sounds like that may not be the case which makes me wonder why he de-committed from IU? 

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Could kind of see this one coming.....leaves both of his brothers at IU.  Unless they soon both move north to join him.

Question....at most schools, does a child of a parent working at a school get free schooling without taking up a scholly?  In other words, if Daeh ends up playing at ND, does he take up one of the alotted scholarships or would he get free schooling through his father as an employee?

Good question, was wondering the same thing. 

• Like 2