Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

Hmmmm, I'm not sure most Michigan fans would agree with the first statement. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Lmao at the second sentence. Mainly because there is some truth to it. If it means anything to you, I go to at least one basketball game a year. Notre Dame's fan base for basketball is alumni, South Bend residents, 50% of  ND football fans residing in Indiana, and 10% ND football fans residing in other states. 

1.  I’m not most Michigan fans but trust me.  MSU/OSU are a much different level of hatred, especially recently.  Bo probably disliked ND more so than Sparty but MSU wasn’t a threat to Michigan until the last 10-15 years.

2.  I’m just busting your balls about the reversible jacket.  Notre Dame football and Indiana basketball fans are the same humans.

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'd love to see Pitt in the Top 10. That city has lost so many marquee recruits to other programs over the years, it's almost a crime. 

Clemson and Ohio State will both be flops next year. You know exactly why. 

I don’t know why…but would love for you to be correct.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'd love to see Pitt in the Top 10. That city has lost so many marquee recruits to other programs over the years, it's almost a crime. 

Clemson and Ohio State will both be flops next year. You know exactly why. 

I don't.

4 minutes ago, DE said:

I don't.

Temp knows why Clemson and Ohio State will fail this season. They'll fail because they are on ND's schedule. It's almost a curse. ND's strength of schedule is never as strong at the end of the season as it is at the beginning. 

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

2.  I’m just busting your balls about the reversible jacket.  Notre Dame football and Indiana basketball fans are the same humans.

If you live anywhere in Indiana other than west central, if you don't have a college degree, or if you have a degree from Ball State, then you're probably a fan of both ND football and IU basketball. There's really no shame in it. It's just people in Indiana rooting for universities that reside in Indiana. Loyalty to your home state. 

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

If you live anywhere in Indiana other than west central, if you don't have a college degree, or if you have a degree from Ball State, then you're probably a fan of both ND football and IU basketball. There's really no shame in it. It's just people in Indiana rooting for universities that reside in Indiana. Loyalty to your home state. 

Folks who grew up in the 80s when Lou and Bobby roamed the sidelines and the last time both were nationally relevant at the same time.

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Folks who grew up in the 80s when Lou and Bobby roamed the sidelines and the last time both were nationally relevant at the same time.

That's definitely a big piece of the puzzle. 

12 hours ago, BTF said:

Temp knows why Clemson and Ohio State will fail this season. They'll fail because they are on ND's schedule. It's almost a curse. ND's strength of schedule is never as strong at the end of the season as it is at the beginning. 

😂

gotcha.  sorry bout that

37 minutes ago, temptation said:

Notice he is not saying ND will beat either...though I'll put my differences aside and root for them in both of those contests...especially week 1.

LOL, no I didn't notice.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BTF said:

Not me.  NWI baby.

ND football yes.  IU hoops, no.  I was 9 when they won in 87.  I am now 44.  As a Hoosier, I was happy they beat Syracuse, but that was all.  TBH, that is the last time I felt they were really relevant.

I enjoyed watching college hoops, but not as much as football.  I wouldn't say I even had a "team" for college hoops.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Notice he is not saying ND will beat either...though I'll put my differences aside and root for them in both of those contests...especially week 1.

Honestly? I think the chance of them going 2-0 is about the same as going 1-1 or 0-2. All we really know at this point is that all three teams will be Top 6 in most polls. All bets are off. Clemson is Clemson , Ohio State is Ohio State, and Notre Dame continues to be right there on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE said:

Not me.  NWI baby.

ND football yes.  IU hoops, no.  I was 9 when they won in 87.  I am now 44.  As a Hoosier, I was happy they beat Syracuse, but that was all.  TBH, that is the last time I felt they were really relevant.

I enjoyed watching college hoops, but not as much as football.  I wouldn't say I even had a "team" for college hoops.

The name Indiana is to basketball as the name Notre Dame is to football. That's why there are so many ND football/IU basketball fans. Ask someone from California or New York what they think of when they think of Indiana. They'll tell you cornfields or basketball. Ask them what they think of Notre Dame. Will they say education? Nope, they'll say football. It's just human nature to root for both if you live in this state. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

The name Indiana is to basketball as the name Notre Dame is to football. That's why there are so many ND football/IU basketball fans. Ask someone from California or New York what they think of when they think of Indiana. They'll tell you cornfields or basketball. Ask them what they think of Notre Dame. Will they say education? Nope, they'll say football. It's just human nature to root for both if you live in this state. 

I agree.  I know many jacket flippers.  I just happen to be not one of them.  If I was more of a college hoops fan, I probably would'vs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Honestly? I think the chance of them going 2-0 is about the same as going 1-1 or 0-2. All we really know at this point is that all three teams will be Top 6 in most polls. All bets are off. Clemson is Clemson , Ohio State is Ohio State, and Notre Dame continues to be right there on the outside looking in.

I know April college football analysis is laughable, but me thinks OSU names their score against ND.  I do see Clemson descending and think the Irish have more than a puncher's chance in that one... 

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I know April college football analysis is laughable, but me thinks OSU names their score against ND.  I do see Clemson descending and think the Irish have more than a puncher's chance in that one... 

Ohio State's a tad overrated in my opinion. I think Ryan Day is a good coach who's fortunate to have the top talent that he has. A great coach? Nah. He would have won a championship by now. That being said, I'm sure Ohio State will be pretty jacked up hosting the Irish in Columbus. Buckeyes will be hard to beat in that environment. Not sure about "naming the score" though. 

59 minutes ago, BTF said:

Ohio State's a tad overrated in my opinion. I think Ryan Day is a good coach who's fortunate to have the top talent that he has. A great coach? Nah. He would have won a championship by now. That being said, I'm sure Ohio State will be pretty jacked up hosting the Irish in Columbus. Buckeyes will be hard to beat in that environment. Not sure about "naming the score" though. 

There is a reason (agree or not) that Harbaugh dropped the "some people are born on third base and think they hit a triple" quote after The Game on Thanksgiving weekend.  The implication of this is that Day landed on his feet and hit the ground running due to Urban's recruiting prowess.  

I do think Day is one hell of a play caller though.  OSU usually ramps things up as the season progresses (see Oregon last year) so you may be right.  I just cannot get that defensive performance by the Irish in Freeman's debut out of my mind and OSU will have 4/5 star talent at every skill position (possibly the best in American again, though unproven).  

Maybe I am giving my Wolverines too much credit here, but I also believe that being the Buckeyes' next regular season opponent on the schedule after the way 2021 ended means they will have a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

Once again, all hypothetical.  I have seen the spread in double figures already.

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

There is a reason (agree or not) that Harbaugh dropped the "some people are born on third base and think they hit a triple" quote after The Game on Thanksgiving weekend.  The implication of this is that Day landed on his feet and hit the ground running due to Urban's recruiting prowess.  

I do think Day is one hell of a play caller though.  OSU usually ramps things up as the season progresses (see Oregon last year) so you may be right.  I just cannot get that defensive performance by the Irish in Freeman's debut out of my mind and OSU will have 4/5 star talent at every skill position (possibly the best in American again, though unproven).  

Maybe I am giving my Wolverines too much credit here, but I also believe that being the Buckeyes' next regular season opponent on the schedule after the way 2021 ended means they will have a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

Once again, all hypothetical.  I have seen the spread in double figures already.

I love the Harbaugh quote, he hit the nail on the head. Ohio State's brand is strong enough to keep Day afloat. I absolutely think he's a good coach. But he has a long way to go be considered a Top 10 coach. 

Freeman is a wild card as well. Successful defensive coordinator stints at Cincinnati and Notre Dame don't equate to head coaching success, so we'll see what happens. He's proven to be one of the best recruiters in the country though. That in itself secures ND a nine win season. 

The talent gap between the Irish and Buckeyes is closing fast. How good is this staff that Freeman put together in the off season? Good enough to beat OSU in Columbus? Or does OSU win by three scores? Time will tell. 

4 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Until Ryan Day can do this.....he will never be a top 10 coach......

Wonder why Kelly never broke this out during his ND days....who knew of this talent?

image.png.5bb1e2537f241e44d7fb06649facff37.png

The best part of that whole thing is the kid did NOT pick LSU. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was being nice to Ryan Day. There might be 25 coaches that are better. Key word is "might." I don't want to completely discredit this guy.

I originally thought it was a matter of time before Kelly won the whole thing at LSU. But in order to do that, you have to be authentic in my opinion. If you're not, those around you will see right through it and you'll lose respect quickly. His time at LSU has been anything BUT authentic. That will be his downfall. 

What I love most about the drama surrounding Kelly leaving the Irish is that the attention Notre Dame and Freeman are getting on a national scale absolutely DWARFS the attention Kelly is getting at LSU. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 8:46 PM, BTF said:

Go Sycamores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Marcus Freeman doing something Brian Kelly had no interest in doing or maybe wasn’t allowed to do; connecting with the former players. I’ve read there’s up to 300 former Irish players going to the spring game tomorrow. Pretty cool to have that kind of a turnout If true. A bummer that Buchnar isn’t playing tomorrow, maybe this opens the door for Ron Powlus III

• Like 1