Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

On 7/28/2022 at 8:48 PM, Irishman said:

I have been in the Fort since 08. My impression is there are far more Steelers fans, with some Bears fans and a lot of Colts fans. 

They should love and embrace the Detroit Lions.  🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 7:59 PM, temptation said:

Two ND updates: 

WR1:  done for the year (ACL)

”The chosen one” given the keys.

Too bad on Avery Davis, think this was his 6th year after tearing his other ACL last year. Leaves the Irish with 4 scholarship WR, that can't be good.

Also heard the Irish practiced at SB St. Joe HS last week and may practice at Penn HS as well as some other local high schools in the future. Marcus Freeman doing his best Hoosiers impersonation and trying to stress that the playing field is the same no matter what stadium you're playing inside of. Hopefully he has an ace up his sleeve to help them prepare for the 100k + fans who will be in attendance in Columbus. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, temptation said:

Spread for Saturday night up to +17.5.

What’s the largest dog the Irish have ever been?

Crazy thing is I'd feel comfortable taking this up to 21. I know OSU has question marks on defense and Irish do have a good offensive line and they will look to ground and pound and keep the clock moving, but I just don't see a scenario where OSU doesn't score almost every time the touch the ball until they call off the dogs, in the event they do. I think ND needs to score at least 21 to have a chance of keeping it within the number. 

56 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Crazy thing is I'd feel comfortable taking this up to 21. I know OSU has question marks on defense and Irish do have a good offensive line and they will look to ground and pound and keep the clock moving, but I just don't see a scenario where OSU doesn't score almost every time the touch the ball until they call off the dogs, in the event they do. I think ND needs to score at least 21 to have a chance of keeping it within the number. 

Unless it snows or they have the flu...(I hear that is the great excuse, I mean equalizer...)

I can understand the point spread:

Ohio State blew their home opener a year ago. They don't want to make it two in a row.

The Buckeyes will play lights out not wanting Freeman's return to be with a W.

The game is at Ohio State.

Freeman is unproven as a head coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I can understand the point spread:

Ohio State blew their home opener a year ago. They don't want to make it two in a row.

The Buckeyes will play lights out not wanting Freeman's return to be with a W.

The game is at Ohio State.

Freeman is unproven as a head coach. 

Forgot to mention Ohio State has the best QB, and the best RB, and the best WR all in the country.

They're offense is a machine. 

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Forgot to mention Ohio State has the best QB, and the best RB, and the best WR all in the country.

I guess I'm still up in the air as to how good of a coach Ryan Day is. He has top three talent year after year and he's yet to have a national championship to show for it. Oregon coming into Columbus last year and winning was an eye opener for me. I'll buy into the hype and acknowledge a multiple score game mainly because I think the Buckeyes will be as jacked up for this game as they have for any game in recent memory. There's just been that type of buildup leading into Saturday night. And after what happened last year in the home opener, they'll be ready to go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

He's 34-4?

He's been at OSU 3 whole years.

Lol, just three years? Sorry, my mind is focused on work right now. It seems longer than that. 

I get the good record. And I do think he's a good coach. Maybe I'm being slightly unfair to him. But when I think of Day, I think of the best talent in the country losing at home to Oregon and getting blasted in the playoffs by Clemson and Alabama. 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Wait. Wasn't it you that cited covid for Michigan's down season two years ago?

Yes, but Covid was the overarching citation.  Player opt outs and a lack of attendance affected MANY teams in 2020...in both directions.

Many OSU slappies have been citing the flu and snow as the reason Michigan got "lucky" on Thanksgiving weekend in 2021.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Lol, just three years? Sorry, my mind is focused on work right now. It seems longer than that. 

I get the good record. And I do think he's a good coach. Maybe I'm being slightly unfair to him. But when I think of Day, I think of the best talent in the country losing at home to Oregon and getting blasted in the playoffs by Clemson and Alabama. 

He has one head scratching loss (Oregon).

He’s never been blown out by Clemson. They lost by 6 as Fields threw an INT in the end zone with the clock winding down.

They got blown out by Bama in the title game. Who didn’t Bama blow out that year?

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

ND also has one of the best OL in the country and the OSU front 7 is soft.  Stroud can't score from the sideline.

Gotta run the ball/control the clock old school style.

(And finish drives with TDs.)

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Great recruiter and great play caller but the jury is still out for me also.  Easy to be 34-4 when you have the best talent on the field and most of it is left over from the previous coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

ND also has one of the best OL in the country and the OSU front 7 is soft.  Stroud can't score from the sideline.

Gotta run the ball/control the clock old school style.

(And finish drives with TDs.)

ND needs stops early in order for them to deploy that strategy. If OSU gets up 2 scores quick, look out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes, but Covid was the overarching citation.  Player opt outs and a lack of attendance affected MANY teams in 2020...in both directions.

Many OSU slappies have been citing the flu and snow as the reason Michigan got "lucky" on Thanksgiving weekend in 2021.

Just busting your balls. I agree that the best teams were affected by lack of attendance. I think it was felt at the high school level as well. Bad teams are used to playing in front of no one. Good teams feed off the noise and excitement of their fans.

• Like 1

O line was bad......and honestly, the play calling was bad.....no adjustments for picking up blitzes, no recognoition by receivers to shorten routes  with that much blitzing. And no halftime adjustments. Mayer could have been a bigger factor.  Defense played really well, but just on the field too long. Stroud got hot and was tough to beat....using his legs to keep plays alive was huge. But THE difference was the OSU O Line.