Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

13 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I agree!  There are more receivers on the field besides #87 too!  Give Pyne the 2nd half start.  It can't be much worse.  I kind of hope this turns out to be like the Cathedral/Penn game when the Irish came alive in the 2nd half, but I'm kind of worried about this one.

If the bowl game last year was any indication, Freeman doesn't believe in switching quarterbacks mid game.............even though it worked the entire year. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

If the bowl game last year was any indication, Freeman doesn't believe in switching quarterbacks mid game.............even though it worked the entire year. 

Sometimes you just have to bring in a relief pitcher, when the starter can't get anyone out.

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think he gave full control to Rees with the offense. I think it was him that stuck with Coan the whole game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Notre Dame looks like a +100 team today.  If they gave this effort last week, tOSU would have beat 'em by 50.

Freeman's got a lot of work to do to get his team back after this performance!

Just because they have a good defense. I'll put them somewhere between 20-25. This offense is struggling. Maybe because Rees was given "full control?" Pyne was a stud when he played Wisconsin. Unfortunately he has that 3 star label. 

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I hate to admit it, but Paul Finebaum was right.  This is not a championship contending Notre Dame team.

Not even close. Buchner missing deep targets the entire game doesn't help. If I'm making millions and off to an 0-3 start, I'm starting Pyne the next game.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Freeman honeymoon over yet?

Conceding the game in the 4th quarter last week hasn’t really seemed to give Buchner a vote of confidence, and he’s not that good to begin with.

You're looking good for a week, I'll give you that. 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

Not even close. Buchner missing deep targets the entire game doesn't help. If I'm making millions and off to an 0-3 start, I'm starting Pyne the next game.

Pyne may have to start. That injury to Buchner did not look good. Maybe a collarbone? The O Line is killing them. Rushing 4 most of the game and getting pressure should not happen. This was a pethetic showing. Announcers call Mayer Buchner's favorite receiver, but the dude was open on that pick 6.....WIIIIIIIDE open actually, but Buchner knew where he was going before the snap. They did not go to Mayer much late in the Ohio State game, and did not go to him enough here. 

This was an embarrassing loss, especially in ND Stadium.  It looked like Pyne wasn't the answer either, but I give him the benefit of the doubt coming off the bench at the end of the game.  The O line was pitiful.  I don't know if they can get it back in one week.  I guess we'll have to see.  Looks like a possible Weed Eater Bowl for the Irish this year.

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Call it like I’ve see it.

Freeman has been SCHOOLED in all three of the 2nd haves he’s coached in. Glad he can recruit, going to need to develop that talent way ahead of schedule.

Yep, so far he's working with Kelly's choices. Not a good start.

12 hours ago, temptation said:

LOL, “the chosen one” right @Bobref?

Starting a lacrosse player at the most important position on the field hasn’t paid off.

When does Tommy Rees start to feel some heat? Seriously, ND didn’t land a QB in the 2022 class and don’t have one committed for the 23 class. 

Similar to after Merrillville’s loss, I feared for the safety of Cody.

@Bobref, you good?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Starting a lacrosse player at the most important position on the field hasn’t paid off.

When does Tommy Rees start to feel some heat? Seriously, ND didn’t land a QB in the 2022 class and don’t have one committed for the 23 class. 

Rees will be the fall guy.  Gone by Halloween.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol.

Kelly won 10+ games for 5 straight years with those “choices”.

Freeman can’t beat Marshall. He’s way in over his head.

But he won the social media recruiting summer national championship.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

But he won the social media recruiting summer national championship

It’s why I laugh when guys like @BTFsay there are 20-30 guys who could do Day’s job better than him. Recruiting is one thing, and honestly it’s half the battle. But you have to be able able to coach. See Jimbo Fisher.

Freeman’s young and I’m sure he’ll eventually figure out, but way too many ND fans refused to see the inherent risks of hiring a coordinator with no head coaching experience. 

Edited by Footballking16

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

It’s why I laugh when guys like @BTFsay there are 20-30 guys who could do Day’s job better than him. Recruiting is one thing, and honestly it’s half the battle. But you have to be able able to coach. See Jimbo Fisher.

Freeman’s young and I’m sure he’ll eventually figure out, but way too many ND fans refused to see the inherent risks of hiring a coordinator with no head coaching experience. 

Laugh all you want. Most coaches aren't privy to the recruiting opportunities that Day is blessed with. It's similar to programs like Adams Central and Pioneer. We'll never know if they truly are the best programs in the state of Indiana because they're not privy to the same resources that Center Grove has. 

Name one Irish fan that didn't see the risk in hiring a coordinator with no head coaching experience.