Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2022

Muda69

On 9/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, Footballking16 said:

Wentz was made the scape goat perpetuated by the Indy media to mask Reich’s inability to coach. 

Totally agree.  Mr. Doyel at the Indianapolis Star wouldn't shut up about Mr. Wentz and Covid, it was like a personal vendetta.

Although Mr. Doyel is correct about the Colts kicker:    https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2022/09/12/colts-can-they-admit-rodrigo-blankenship-has-kicked-himself-out-of-job/65471121007/

No idea how the Indianapolis Colts keep Rodrigo Blankenship as their kicker. Not after last season, then training camp, and now this – this game-losing kick Sunday against Houston, a 42-yard field goal he shanked like me with a 7-iron back in the day. There’s a reason I quit golf.

Is there any reason for the Colts not to quit Blankenship?

• Like 2

It was good to see the Colts finally

9 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Totally agree.  Mr. Doyel at the Indianapolis Star wouldn't shut up about Mr. Wentz and Covid, it was like a personal vendetta.

Although Mr. Doyel is correct about the Colts kicker:    https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2022/09/12/colts-can-they-admit-rodrigo-blankenship-has-kicked-himself-out-of-job/65471121007/

It was good to see the Colts finally pull the plug on Hot Rod.  When you don't do your job well, you suffer the consequences.  Not only did he miss the game winner, he kicked two kickoffs out of bounds in critical situations.

I guess Wentz played quite well after testing positive.  Or was that just a coincidence.  No one in the press has mentioned his two INT's last Sunday also.  I wish him well in Washington.  He has some legitimate receivers this season, I give him that.

Edited by PHJIrish
add sontent

14 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It was good to see the Colts finally

It was good to see the Colts finally pull the plug on Hot Rod.  When you don't do your job well, you suffer the consequences.  Not only did he miss the game winner, he kicked two kickoffs out of bounds in critical situations.

I guess Wentz played quite well after testing positive.  Or was that just a coincidence.  No one in the press has mentioned his two INT's last Sunday also.  I wish him well in Washington.  He has some legitimate receivers this season, I give him that.

4 >2

His team won the game....they didn't lose or tie.  Maybe because of these 2 reasons, they are giving him a break on the 2 picks.  Bottom line, he was a target of Doyel and his IndyStar tabloid style writers.

12 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

4 >2

His team won the game....they didn't lose or tie.  Maybe because of these 2 reasons, they are giving him a break on the 2 picks.  Bottom line, he was a target of Doyel and his IndyStar tabloid style writers.

Yeah, they beat Jacksonville.  

He was a target of is own bad play, especially in the last two games.  Granted, he didn't have the receivers he has now, but backhanded passes don't work too often, especially in your own endzone.

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Yeah, they beat Jacksonville.  

He was a target of is own bad play, especially in the last two games.  Granted, he didn't have the receivers he has now, but backhanded passes don't work too often, especially in your own endzone.

Jacksonville....something the Colts haven't had much luck in a number of years, especially in Florida.... I don't consider this Sunday a given...especially if they come out like they did against Houston

I just thought it was interesting that Wentz isn't in Indy anymore and you continue to disparge him....especially a day after he throws 4 TD's and his teams wins, which is something Indy couldn't do against the hapless Texans.  

I get it...Wentz didn't get a Covid shot.....let it go....he's gone.  If you want to stay on the anti-vaccine thing, go after Leonard and Q.  At least they are still here in Indy and somehow escaped the wrath that Wentz took.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

.Wentz didn't get a Covid shot.

No one I know cared one bit about that. He sucked, that's why I didn't like him. Ryan didn't start out any better.

It really is what we can expect from washed up worn out quarterbacks. 

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

No one I know cared one bit about that. He sucked, that's why I didn't like him. Ryan didn't start out any better.

It really is what we can expect from washed up worn out quarterbacks. 

I get it....but there were some on this very forum that made comments about his Covid stance....pretty sure my response was directed to one of those people.  

Regardless, time to let it go...he doesn't play here any longer, and to throw negative comments at a guy who threw 4 TD's and led his team to a W opening week, sounds like nothing but sour grapes.  I wish we would have gotten that performance in Indy in week 1.

42 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Agree....I didn't post negatives about Wentz...

There is no reason Wentz should even be brought up in a  Colts 2022 thread at all. He's gone. Move on.

Let's hope next year, there won't be a reason to bring up Frank Reich or Chris Ballard in the Colts 2023 thread.

48 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

There is no reason Wentz should even be brought up in a  Colts 2022 thread at all. He's gone. Move on.

You are repeating the same message to me that I was saying...not sure why Wentz was brought up.  But then again, I don't own GID, so its not my place to tell anyone what to bring up....nor anyone else for that matter.  Ignore the subject if its not for you.

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

You are repeating the same message to me that I was saying...not sure why Wentz was brought up.  But then again, I don't own GID, so its not my place to tell anyone what to bring up....nor anyone else for that matter.  Ignore the subject if its not for you.

Lol. Ignore ME if it's not for you TD. The ignore feature works great. If everyone else would have ignored Wentz being brought into the discussion, I would have never seen it anyway.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Lol. Ignore ME if it's not for you TD. The ignore feature works great. If everyone else would have ignored Wentz being brought into the discussion, I would have never seen it anyway.

I don't know who you are...don't really care.  Learned a long time it takes 2 people to have a good tennis match.  You're going to need to hit your ball against the wall if you wish to keep playing.

Enjoy the rest of your day....

16 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I don't know who you are...don't really care.  Learned a long time it takes 2 people to have a good tennis match.  You're going to need to hit your ball against the wall if you wish to keep playing.

Enjoy the rest of your day....

glee-santana-lopez.gif

On 9/15/2022 at 12:47 PM, Bash Riprock said:

Jacksonville....something the Colts haven't had much luck in a number of years, especially in Florida.... I don't consider this Sunday a given...especially if they come out like they did against Houston

I just thought it was interesting that Wentz isn't in Indy anymore and you continue to disparge him....especially a day after he throws 4 TD's and his teams wins, which is something Indy couldn't do against the hapless Texans.  

I get it...Wentz didn't get a Covid shot.....let it go....he's gone.  If you want to stay on the anti-vaccine thing, go after Leonard and Q.  At least they are still here in Indy and somehow escaped the wrath that Wentz took.

I am not disparaging Wentz.  I'm just answering those who have a different opinion about his competency.  I have not brought up the anti-vac thing in this thread at all.  I made a post that Wentz didn't play well the last two games after testing positive.  That's just stating facts.  If you're a Wentz fan, more power to you, but he deserves some of the blame for the last two losses of the season.

I hope the Colts don't have to scuffle to take care of the Jaguars this week.  History says that won't be the case, though.

14 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I am not disparaging Wentz.  I'm just answering those who have a different opinion about his competency.  I have not brought up the anti-vac thing in this thread at all.  I made a post that Wentz didn't play well the last two games after testing positive.  That's just stating facts.  If you're a Wentz fan, more power to you, but he deserves some of the blame for the last two losses of the season.

I hope the Colts don't have to scuffle to take care of the Jaguars this week.  History says that won't be the case, though.

Not a Wentz fan at all. Just not sure why you still bring it up, and made comments about his interceptions in game 1 of this season?  Especially after throwing 4 TD’s and leading his team to a win. Played better than the current Colts QB who seemed to have trouble holding onto snaps. 

I know you don’t like the guy…and I bet if I want to burn some energy, I can find statements made by you about his Covid stance last season, while saying nothing about Q or Leonard for having the exact position. 

Not sure why you keep going back…

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not a Wentz fan at all. Just not sure why you still bring it up, and made comments about his interceptions in game 1 of this season?  Especially after throwing 4 TD’s and leading his team to a win. Played better than the current Colts QB who seemed to have trouble holding onto snaps. 

I know you don’t like the guy…and I bet if I want to burn some energy, I can find statements made by you about his Covid stance last season, while saying nothing about Q or Leonard for having the exact position. 

Not sure why you keep going back…

You win!