Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2022

Muda69

52 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Watching today's Jax @ Indy game... This is directed at Ballard and Reich:

I have used up my "likes" for the day, but that's hilarious.  It's amazing that everyone else whips up on the Jags, but the Colts just seem to not want to hurt 'em when playing 'em.

• Like 1

I've watched a lot of football in my long life, but I don't ever remember a defensive lineman called for holding on a running play!😏

Nice win for the Colts, and a guttsy call to go to the endzone instead of a field goal try.  Good throw for Ryan too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

My "hometown"got hosed by the NFL....  STL

So I guess that by proxy I am a Colts' supporter.  But the 'Horseshoe' is a mess IMO.  

There's no reason they shouldn't be dominating the AFC South.  This division is a disgrace to the NFL.  

We seem to not want to address the fact that it was Jacksonville that the Colts beat with a last second TD.  Everyone else seems to have no problem beating them, but the Colts seem to have a mental block when playing them.  It was good to see Frank show some emotion at the end of the game and after the game.  Maybe Jimmy had a talk with him?

The officiating was quite subpar and it hasn't been up to the normal professional status most of the season.  Maybe too many rules?  

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

We seem to not want to address the fact that it was Jacksonville that the Colts beat with a last second TD.  Everyone else seems to have no problem beating them, but the Colts seem to have a mental block when playing them.  It was good to see Frank show some emotion at the end of the game and after the game.  Maybe Jimmy had a talk with him?

The officiating was quite subpar and it hasn't been up to the normal professional status most of the season.  Maybe too many rules?  

Too many subtle judgements being asked of officials when it could be just done without having to 'think' all the time. 

In many ways, REVIEW has made the officiating we see on Saturday and Sunday a scary thing.  It's like they know they can go to the review booth and get things solved or get overruled....So why make a hard/tough call?  

Edited by Yuccaguy

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/10/24/colts-promote-sam-ehlinger-to-starting-quarterback-replacing-matt-ryan/69587219007/

he Colts are making an enormous change at the quarterback position, cutting their losses on veteran Matt Ryan after just seven starts and turning the job over to second-year quarterback Sam Ehlinger, a move that signals a monumental shift in the direction for the franchise.

For the past four years, ever since Andrew Luck’s retirement, Indianapolis has focused its energy on finding veteran quarterbacks who could serve as the bridge to the team’s next franchise quarterback, trying out Jacoby Brissett, Philip Rivers, Carson Wentz and finally Ryan.

From owner Jim Irsay on down through the organization, the Colts spent the offseason saying they believed they’d found in Ryan a bridge who could pause their revolving door at the position temporarily, giving the team a chance to contend while they searched for a long-term answer.

Indianapolis bailed on that plan before the halfway mark of Ryan’s first season, rolling the dice with Ehlinger, a 2020 sixth-round pick who has taken just 18 snaps in the NFL to this point.

“Extremely difficult decision, obviously, given the respect and admiration that we have for Matt Ryan,” Colts head coach Frank Reich said. “We know, at the quarterback position, that our poor production on offense is not on one person, it’s not on Matt Ryan, but we also know, Matt and I talked it through, as head coach and quarterback, ultimately, it doesn’t matter. I’m judged on wins and losses. Quarterbacks are judged on points, production and turnovers.”

“We did not hold up our end of the bargain,” Reich said. “I mean, you came here, and we promised you one of the top NFL rushing games, and we promised you great protection, and we haven’t really as an offense delivered on that, and that starts with me.

But it is Ryan who is bearing the brunt of the failed marriage right now.

The 37-year-old quarterback has a Grade 2 shoulder separation, and the Colts made it clear that the decision to move to Ehlinger would have been made regardless of injury. By making this move now, Indianapolis has effectively given up on Ryan, despite restructuring his contract in the offseason to guarantee most of the final two years of his contract, meaning it will cost Indianapolis $18 million in cap space to move on next season.

Ryan is expected to remain with the Colts as he rehabilitates his injury, presumably mentoring Ehlinger in his first season as a starter; but it’s clear the second-year quarterback is the man in Indianapolis going forward.

Good luck to young Mr. Ehlinger. I guess better to have a youngster bear the brunt of an suddenly ineffectual (and highly paid, btw) offensive line than a brittle 37-year old.

• Haha 1

It's ironic, at least to me, that no one in the Colts press mentioned that Terry McLaurin could have been a Colt, but Ballard whiffed on the pick.  Hometown McLaurin has more than 250 NFL receptions, and Parris Campbell has a couple or three dozen receptions.  I do realize that Campbell had had injury problems.

Also, Frank and Jimmy let go of the OC today, Marcus Brady, and traded Nyheim Hines to the Buffalo Bills.  I'm sure this will help straighten out the Colts offensive problems.  I'm happy for Hines!  The Colts receive 24 year old RB Zach Moss from the Bills.

its even worse:  look at what Colts did in this 2019 Draft, they are paying for it now, as they say, 3 years post draft is when you see who really did well and who didn't.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NFL_Draft

Look at who they drafted in the 2nd round...... who they passed up, I know draft is hard not an exact science, but my goodness.