Jump to content

Colts 2022


Muda69
 Share

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Armchair champ. Hear he plays a mean Madden.

Is he still a Super Bowl Champ?

Not a difficult question to answer.

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

 

maxresdefault.jpg

Didn't watch the video but probably because he backed up both of the Manning brothers in Indy and New York. Not a bad gig in hindsight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Didn't watch the video but probably because he backed up both of the Manning brothers in Indy and New York. Not a bad gig in hindsight.

 

 

And it got him 2 rings for making it to Super Bowls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

And it got him 2 rings for making it to Super Bowls.

Which makes him a Super Bowl Champion.

Why is this so difficult for you people?

All you guys do is split hairs FFS.

Edited by DE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

 

maxresdefault.jpg

The smartest QB in NFL history was likely Dr. Frank Ryan, who was the QB for the Browns in the ‘60s, including guiding them to the NFL championship in 1964. He was a Ph.D. and taught university mathematics courses at Case in the morning while also going to practice with the Browns in the afternoon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Ryan_(American_football)#Academic_career

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DE said:

Which makes him a Super Bowl Champion.

For the Colts. And he actually suited up for the games. Next.

Got any comments concerning the 2022 Colts without using the name Wentz? Because he's no longer part of this topic. Next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

For the Colts. And he actually suited up for the games. Next.

Got any comments concerning the 2022 Colts without using the name Wentz? Because he's no longer part of this topic. Next.

Sure.  They won't win the SB w Ryan.  Next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

I really recommend finding a post career retirement hobby man.  It’d do you (and all others on this board for that matter) some good.

ACE Hardware is an excellent post career job.  There are a lot of retirees working there.  They cut keys and everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, AG said:

How likely is Ballard to trade for a WR now that the FA market is looking pretty thin? 

I'm not against him signing MVS from the Packers and drafting David Bell.

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/03/30/david-bell-colts-pro-day-draft/?a_aid=36534&fbclid=IwAR0Z0PmzgNBUlzRxVkXwjwLRtJW-ASevsWYEQjSckP_4bVd4MLbo4S9wCLM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, DE said:

ACE Hardware is an excellent post career job.  There are a lot of retirees working there.  They cut keys and everything.

Eh, @gonzoron strikes me as more of a  Dollar Tree kinda guy.  Definitely nowhere near an ACE.

”Can I interest you in an extended protection plan on this VCR?”

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Is he a Pittman type receiver?  Colts need someone that can stretch the field.  While great hands and a great route runner, not sure if Bell is that guy.  Hopefully, Campbell can stay healthy and a guy like Bell would be great for depth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Is he a Pittman type receiver?

I don't know, @AGis the one who originally mentioned him. It appears  Bell is on record as saying he'd like to be drafted by the Colts. That's the link I shared.

 

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

While great hands and a great route runner, not sure if Bell is that guy.

Could have said that about Marvin Harrison. He worked out pretty well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I don't know, @AGis the one who originally mentioned him. It appears  Bell is on record as saying he'd like to be drafted by the Colts. That's the link I shared.

 

Could have said that about Marvin Harrison. He worked out pretty well.

I did read Bell's interest.  Great character guy, playing for his home town team and catches everything that comes his way sounds awesome.

I agree there are some comparisons with Harrison in terms of hands and route running.  But they are very different physically.  Bell is much bigger than Harrison, but Harrison was timed in the 40 at 4.38 while still at Syracuse.  He could definitely stretch the field.  The 4.65 40 Bell ran at the combine does raise eyebrows, and would seem to be more of a possession receiver.  It would be great to have him, but I hope the Colts find that receiver that makes the safeties respect and play deeper.  I hope that is Campbell.....and he can stay healthy.  I like Bell a ton, but hard to compare him now to a HOF player.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

I did read Bell's interest.  Great character guy, playing for his home town team and catches everything that comes his way sounds awesome.

I agree there are some comparisons with Harrison in terms of hands and route running.  But they are very different physically.  Bell is much bigger than Harrison, but Harrison was timed in the 40 at 4.38 while still at Syracuse.  He could definitely stretch the field.  The 4.65 40 Bell ran at the combine does raise eyebrows, and would seem to be more of a possession receiver.  It would be great to have him, but I hope the Colts find that receiver that makes the safeties respect and play deeper.  I hope that is Campbell.....and he can stay healthy.  I like Bell a ton, but hard to compare him now to a HOF player.

I think to an extent, the 40 time is misleading. David Bell is going to be a star in the league. Yep, I am biased being a WC Alum as well. He has been underestimated a lot in his career. With that he lead his high school team to State titles in Football and Basketball, taking it right to Langford for a game winning shot to get to the championship in bball. He was also B1G freshman player of the year as well, right? He is a competitor, and has what I call game speed. His ability to catch is great as well. If he is there for the Colts, I say take him. He may even be around in the 2nd round. This is a really good group of receivers in this draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

I think to an extent, the 40 time is misleading. David Bell is going to be a star in the league. Yep, I am biased being a WC Alum as well. He has been underestimated a lot in his career. With that he lead his high school team to State titles in Football and Basketball, taking it right to Langford for a game winning shot to get to the championship in bball. He was also B1G freshman player of the year as well, right? He is a competitor, and has what I call game speed. His ability to catch is great as well. If he is there for the Colts, I say take him. He may even be around in the 2nd round. This is a really good group of receivers in this draft. 

Not questioning David Bell at all.  I have personally seen him play a ton of football and basketball games during his WC days.  Great athlete and great young man.  I know what he did at Purdue.  So I don't question he will be a success.

The question I am raising is that having both he and Pittman would be having 2 of the same type of receivers.  They are both excellent, but I question their abilities to stretch the field and force the safeties to play deeper.  This is where we may disagree that speed matters.  Perhaps it was a bad day for his 40.  Pittman ran a 4.52 for his 40 (considerably faster than Bell) and he is not considered a field stretch type of receiver.  To ignore Bell's 4.65 40 would not be wise.

Reggie Wayne ran a 4.45 40.  And yet Harrison with a 4.38 was typically considered the deep threat.  All I am saying is that I am not sure to compare Bell to Harrison (a proven HOF guy) is a good comparison...at least yet.  

Colts have a pretty darn good WR coach.....my guess is that Ballard and Reich will certainly listen to his input.  But please know I am a David Bell fan....and not saying the Colts would be wrong for drafting him.  Just hoping they can find a WR with great hands that puts fear into a secondary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not questioning David Bell at all.  I have personally seen him play a ton of football and basketball games during his WC days.  Great athlete and great young man.  I know what he did at Purdue.  So I don't question he will be a success.

The question I am raising is that having both he and Pittman would be having 2 of the same type of receivers.  They are both excellent, but I question their abilities to stretch the field and force the safeties to play deeper.  This is where we may disagree that speed matters.  Perhaps it was a bad day for his 40.  Pittman ran a 4.52 for his 40 (considerably faster than Bell) and he is not considered a field stretch type of receiver.  To ignore Bell's 4.65 40 would not be wise.

Reggie Wayne ran a 4.45 40.  And yet Harrison with a 4.38 was typically considered the deep threat.  All I am saying is that I am not sure to compare Bell to Harrison (a proven HOF guy) is a good comparison...at least yet.  

Colts have a pretty darn good WR coach.....my guess is that Ballard and Reich will certainly listen to his input.  But please know I am a David Bell fan....and not saying the Colts would be wrong for drafting him.  Just hoping they can find a WR with great hands that puts fear into a secondary.

Great points……I do think if you put them opposite each other, it could help. What the Colts have to look at as far as putting defenses in a bind is the TE. The dominant teams feature really good TE’s. I thing Tyreek Hill benefitted from how good Kelce was. Hill will not be anywhere near as effective in Miami because he won’t have that. He sill see a lot of coverage combos that will limit him, even with his speed. 
I do think the deep threat may be overrated some. Green Bay has not really had one. Adams was really good, but he did not have that breakaway speed. He did have multiple receivers who were great possession guys, and a TE before he was injured, that kept defenses honest. In fact, I have said for a couple years, the Packers deep game has not been good. 
As the West Coast Gurus Walsh and Holmgren would say, just keep the chains moving. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...