Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2022

Muda69

14 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

its even worse:  look at what Colts did in this 2019 Draft, they are paying for it now, as they say, 3 years post draft is when you see who really did well and who didn't.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NFL_Draft

Look at who they drafted in the 2nd round...... who they passed up, I know draft is hard not an exact science, but my goodness.  

What are you talking about Coach?  Besides McLaurin, who in the world is Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, and AJ Brown????  Bunch of no ones!!!

Ya-Sin!  Ya-Sin!!  Ballard is a genius!!!!  He says so!!

Indianapolis Colts fire coach Frank Reich: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/11/07/indianapolis-colts-new-frank-reich-fired-as-head-coach-jim-irsay/69626479007/

The Colts have fired head coach Frank Reich, the team announced Monday, ending the 60-year-old coach’s tenure a little more than one season after extending Reich’s contract through the 2026 season.

Former Colts center Jeff Saturday has been named the interim coach.

Reich, who was the team’s second choice for the job in 2018 after Josh McDaniels backed out on the job, initially got off to a fast start in Indianapolis, first by guiding Andrew Luck and the Colts to the playoffs after a 1-5 start in his first season, then for getting the Colts back to the playoffs in 2020, just one season after Luck’s shocking retirement.

Woah!

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Here we go…

Not sure what you mean; but if Irsay's intent was to name one of the fans' favorite players to generate some level of excitement, he had one of them on staff already. Reggie at least has something invested in the current team. I am a HUGE Jeff Saturday fan, and I hope he can generate some excitement. But he has nothing invested in this current team. 

I can't help from wondering if this is more than an audition for Saturday.  Heck, I don't want them to win now.  Get that draft pick and a young QB.  

Irsay trusts Saturday...I wonder if he is assessing the entire organization, including Ballard.  I think Saturday could end up with his job......

I read or saw the theory somewhere @Bash Riprock that Irsay is merely looking for a bluntly honest assessment of where the organization stands and feels that Saturday gives him the best chance at that.  Not sure I buy it, but that was an interesting thought at the very least.  It does seem odd that, according to reports, Saturday was not interested in coaching the O-line as recent as 2019 but now suddenly takes the head job, albeit on an interim basis.  That makes me at least consider the idea of him as merely a "fly on the wall" for Irsay, but I also think it is more of a PR stunt than anything else by an owner who knows he is going to start from scratch this offseason with his coaching staff at the very least, if not the front office.

At this point, there are only two conceivable outcomes: either A) Saturday provides a fresh voice and sparks some life into this roster or B) Saturday's hire causes toxic division within the coaching staff and locker room and the season tailspins into a death spiral leading to a complete reconfiguration of the front office, coaching staff, and roster.  I am hoping against hope for option A, but my gut says we are looking at option B.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Irishman said:

Not sure what you mean; but if Irsay's intent was to name one of the fans' favorite players to generate some level of excitement, he had one of them on staff already. Reggie at least has something invested in the current team. I am a HUGE Jeff Saturday fan, and I hope he can generate some excitement. But he has nothing invested in this current team. 

He’s insinuating the race card was a factor like nearly every other major network talking head does these days.

Has even written a book about it.

Nauseating.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

I read or saw the theory somewhere @Bash Riprock that Irsay is merely looking for a bluntly honest assessment of where the organization stands and feels that Saturday gives him the best chance at that.  Not sure I buy it, but that was an interesting thought at the very least.  It does seem odd that, according to reports, Saturday was not interested in coaching the O-line as recent as 2019 but now suddenly takes the head job, albeit on an interim basis.  That makes me at least consider the idea of him as merely a "fly on the wall" for Irsay, but I also think it is more of a PR stunt than anything else by an owner who knows he is going to start from scratch this offseason with his coaching staff at the very least, if not the front office.

At this point, there are only two conceivable outcomes: either A) Saturday provides a fresh voice and sparks some life into this roster or B) Saturday's hire causes toxic division within the coaching staff and locker room and the season tailspins into a death spiral leading to a complete reconfiguration of the front office, coaching staff, and roster.  I am hoping against hope for option A, but my gut says we are looking at option B.

Some great thoughts.....

I just have to wonder if it is already toxic in the clubhouse.  Hines could not wait to leave.  Watching and listening to Ballard in the press conference, I am sorry to offend his followers, but he comes off a like a total arse....which is interesting given he hasn't accomplished a darn thing.  If he thinks the media is tough in Indy, he has no business even thinking about taking a job in a larger market, especially on the east coast.  I am not sure what Irsay sees in him.  Polian could certainly act like an arse, but at least he had strong credentials with a proven track record of success everywhere he went.  (Buffalo, Carolina and Indy)  Ballard doesn't even seem to recognize that the formula for success in today's NFL is a QB and LT to protect said QB.

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

He’s insinuating the race card was a factor like nearly every other major network talking head does these days.

Has even written a book about it.

Nauseating.

Completely ridiculous assumption on your part. Absolutely no mention or even a HINT of race in his coments. 

• Thanks 1

Saturday is a placeholder whose job is to evaluate the organization and it’s personnel from top to bottom and report back to the owner. He’s not a serious candidate for the head coach position. GM, maybe, but I get the sense that the dissatisfaction was more with Reich than Ballard, who is pretty well-regarded around the League. My guess is when the dust settles at the end of the season, Saturday will be a “special assistant” of some sort or another, Ballard will still be GM, and the coaching staff will be rebuilt from scratch.

What’s their draft pick and cap status? That will have a lot to do with who throws a hat in the ring for the HFC position.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Completely ridiculous assumption on your part. Absolutely no mention or even a HINT of race in his coments. 

Do your homework.  This guy has profited off of race baiting multiple times.

Its exactly what he’s doing.  Don’t be so naive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Do your homework.  This guy has profited off of race baiting multiple times.

Its exactly what he’s doing.  Don’t be so naive.

I get the other stuff. BUT, what this tells me is you saw the name and the face on the video and jumped to a conclusion without even watching the video or hearing exactly what he said. Agaoin, in that voideo there is not even a hinty of race mentioned. 

Just now, Irishman said:

I get the other stuff. BUT, what this tells me is you saw the name and the face on the video and jumped to a conclusion without even watching the video or hearing exactly what he said. Agaoin, in that voideo there is not even a hinty of race mentioned. 

Watched the entire thing.  Past actions determine a person’s character.

Does he even know if Reggie WANTED the job?  Scrolling up, it looks like a death sentence and maybe Wayne is being done a favor?

The NFL hiring process has been under fire and in the news for a while now…this is just a subtle jab with undertones insinuating that this is just another example of injustice.

Its his shtick.  It’s all he has.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I don't have cable and thus haven't watched ESPN, aside from purchasing streaming to watch the College Football Playoff, in a long time, but it should also be noted that the clip that was posted was just that, a clip of a larger conversation.  I would be curious to see where the rest of the segment went and what the larger context was.  So yes, you are correct, there is no mention of race in the clip, but that doesn't mean that context doesn't matter and that clip is missing some context.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Saturday is a placeholder whose job is to evaluate the organization and it’s personnel from top to bottom and report back to the owner. He’s not a serious candidate for the head coach position. GM, maybe, but I get the sense that the dissatisfaction was more with Reich than Ballard, who is pretty well-regarded around the League. My guess is when the dust settles at the end of the season, Saturday will be a “special assistant” of some sort or another, Ballard will still be GM, and the coaching staff will be rebuilt from scratch.

What’s their draft pick and cap status? That will have a lot to do with who throws a hat in the ring for the HFC position.

This probably makes the most sense, although if true, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just give Saturday the "special assistant" tag now and hire an interim from within.  That part still bugs me; if you want Saturday involved at some level that isn't coaching there is nothing keeping you from doing that now.  He doesn't have to be a coach unless you want him to be, which Irsay obviously does.

6 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

This probably makes the most sense, although if true, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just give Saturday the "special assistant" tag now and hire an interim from within.  That part still bugs me; if you want Saturday involved at some level that isn't coaching there is nothing keeping you from doing that now.  He doesn't have to be a coach unless you want him to be, which Irsay obviously does.

Music. It was music.

10 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I can't help from wondering if this is more than an audition for Saturday.  Heck, I don't want them to win now.  Get that draft pick and a young QB.  

Irsay trusts Saturday...I wonder if he is assessing the entire organization, including Ballard.  I think Saturday could end up with his job......

Hmmm!  Interesting thoughts!  Anyway we'll find out something in the last 8 games.  I expect no miracles.  Jeff is a smart guy, having been the leader of the NFLPA for a long spell.

Observations on the first half of Saturday's first presser:

1. Dude has obviously been in the media for a while because he know how to win that room 

2. The above said, I still liked what he said and specifically his "energy," which is a little cliché, but still matters

3. This presser, coupled with Buckner's comments about loving his honesty, should make Colts fans feel a little better about life (and I do mean a little).

In short, it was about as good as you could expect. Let's see what the man can do, probably not much, but stranger things have happened. Unfortunately, they are at that weird spot where winning now may mean losing long term...

4 hours ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Observations on the first half of Saturday's first presser:

1. Dude has obviously been in the media for a while because he know how to win that room 

2. The above said, I still liked what he said and specifically his "energy," which is a little cliché, but still matters

3. This presser, coupled with Buckner's comments about loving his honesty, should make Colts fans feel a little better about life (and I do mean a little).

In short, it was about as good as you could expect. Let's see what the man can do, probably not much, but stranger things have happened. Unfortunately, they are at that weird spot where winning now may mean losing long term...

Good thoughts....

I don't expect any miracles...bottom line, Colts don't have a QB or a LT.  Those are huge gaps in a QB driven league.  If Saturday can figure out the issues with the Oline and they improve, that helps....but he will need to do this with an unproven rookie 3rd round pick at LT.  He also has an inexperienced QB....although I did see Matt Ryan practicing again.  Not sure what that means.  

I don't care who's coaching...they have holes....big ones.