Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

14 hours ago, ptr said:

South will have a new QB under center in Jarrin Alley. He backed up Zach David the past two seasons, but saw a lot of downs under center. Coach Johnson made sure last season that he got a least two series under center in each game, and with many of the games being blowouts, he saw more than that. Two seasons ago, as a soph, he guided South to the game winning drive in the sectional against North after David went down with an injury, so he is definitely experienced and had been in pressure situations. He has a strong running game to back him up with Gavin Adams who is capable of quite of few 100+ yard games and he has experience backing him up in Ben Morrison. South is also returning a strong receiver group to include at tight end. On paper they should be one of the favorites to make it to at least the semi-state barring a rash of key injuries. 

How does depth look? In the 90's under MO, they just reloaded and they had phenomenal talent. 

15 hours ago, ptr said:

South will have a new QB under center in Jarrin Alley. He backed up Zach David the past two seasons, but saw a lot of downs under center. Coach Johnson made sure last season that he got a least two series under center in each game, and with many of the games being blowouts, he saw more than that. Two seasons ago, as a soph, he guided South to the game winning drive in the sectional against North after David went down with an injury, so he is definitely experienced and had been in pressure situations. He has a strong running game to back him up with Gavin Adams who is capable of quite of few 100+ yard games and he has experience backing him up in Ben Morrison. South is also returning a strong receiver group to include at tight end. On paper they should be one of the favorites to make it to at least the semi-state barring a rash of key injuries. 

D'Andre Black. Big fan of his, and will be rooting for him this year.  

41 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

For Greenwood, IDK what this means for current varsity, but found out Indian Creek results this week.

7th grade WINs 28-16 vs Greenwood
8th grade WINs 38-0 vs Greenwood

lol, did a MS DH last night and I don’t remember the score from either game, I know Madison won the 8th grade game. 

4 hours ago, ragdoll said:

How does depth look? In the 90's under MO, they just reloaded and they had phenomenal talent. 

Overall depth looks to be pretty good. There's not much depth behind Jarrin Alley at QB, and they used four QBs in their scrimmage last week against Lawrence Central. It appears that senior Luke Thompson will be his primary backup. The linebacking corps is deep. The line play on both sides looks to be pretty good, but I don't know how many injury hits they can take there and not have it affect the line play.  Running back is solid with three established backs. The receiver corps is deep, and South welcomed back their top receiver from last year D'Andre Black after his season last year was cut short by injury. They have good TEs with a D-1 recruit in Tysen Smith being the starter. That's just my view.

4 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

D'Andre Black. Big fan of his, and will be rooting for him this year.  

It's good to have him back after his torn ACL midway through last season. He's 100 pct now and has looked good according to some of the reports I have seen on him. 

4 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

lol, did a MS DH last night and I don’t remember the score from either game, I know Madison won the 8th grade game. 

Well, yes. However, you always wonder when they were coming off some down years and coaching change after 18 seasons (when Rick Wimmer last there). That 2022 Martinsville sectional game was so brutal. 

• Like 1