Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2022

Irishman

57 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I agree, the first half was epic.  The offense got a little sloppy with both the fumble and the bad snap.  The goal line stand was monster.

Just browsing through various sites and seeing the comments. Moments like this are why I love the internets lol

We all obviously have our homer fans. Some of the Bears homers saying "it was obvious", "He was in by a mile", and the ones with refs doing the Lambeau Leap are just gold. 

Probably need to see a few frames before and after this one to get a better idea. But many are saying they can see the ball clearly. I know I got bad eyesight, but sheesh. It is definitely one that if it were called a TD, it stands, just as the call made stood; no way to overturn either. That said, I do think he was in. BUT...no way in hell is it obvious or even by a mile. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Just browsing through various sites and seeing the comments. Moments like this are why I love the internets lol

We all obviously have our homer fans. Some of the Bears homers saying "it was obvious", "He was in by a mile", and the ones with refs doing the Lambeau Leap are just gold. 

Probably need to see a few frames before and after this one to get a better idea. But many are saying they can see the ball clearly. I know I got bad eyesight, but sheesh. It is definitely one that if it were called a TD, it stands, just as the call made stood; no way to overturn either. That said, I do think he was in. BUT...no way in hell is it obvious or even by a mile. 

(Full disclosure: Bears fan here).  In real time speed I can 100% see why they called it short.  In super-duper slo-mo, I can kinda-almost-sorta see that it probably-likely-plausibly was a score.  But I'd concur that if it was called a TD it would have stood.  ...probably.  lol

6 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

(Full disclosure: Bears fan here).  In real time speed I can 100% see why they called it short.  In super-duper slo-mo, I can kinda-almost-sorta see that it probably-likely-plausibly was a score.  But I'd concur that if it was called a TD it would have stood.  ...probably.  lol

(Fuller disclosure: Packers fan here {as if you didn't know}).  Let's just say he got in, the Bears still would have been 7 points down and would have had to give the ball back to Rodgers who can make drives go on forever.  He did just that as they were able to get a FG to put the game out of reach.

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

(Fuller disclosure: Packers fan here {as if you didn't know}).  Let's just say he got in, the Bears still would have been 7 points down and would have had to give the ball back to Rodgers who can make drives go on forever.  He did just that as they were able to get a FG to put the game out of reach.

A friend who is a Cowboys fan says something similar about the TO "catch". Even if he did catch it, there was plenty of time and the defense was not stopping the Packers offense. 

Next meme. This one may be my favorite yet

That is a damn good job of photoshopping

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Irishman said:

A friend who is a Cowboys fan says something similar about the TO "catch". Even if he did catch it, there was plenty of time and the defense was not stopping the Packers offense. 

Next meme. This one may be my favorite yet

That is a damn good job of photoshopping

Proof positive of hometown refs........................

22 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Yeah. Doesn't really matter. The Packers didn't even need Rodgers as they were able to run at will against the Bears. Oh well. It is what it is. The is clearly a rebuild year and the talent left over by Pace sucks. At this pont it's hard to even tell if Fields is the guy as his O-Line can't protect and his WR's certainly can't get open. I'm just hoping to see positives as the season progresses. For starters it was nice to actually see a strong running game last night with Montgomery.

16 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

At this pont it's hard to even tell if Fields is the guy as his O-Line can't protect and his WR's certainly can't get open. I'm just hoping to see positives as the season progresses

And you will never be able to tell with him throwing only 11 passes in a game. Turn him loose and let the chips fall where they may.

10 minutes ago, Bobref said:

And you will never be able to tell with him throwing only 11 passes in a game. Turn him loose and let the chips fall where they may.

I thought that too. He played restrained. I know it is a challenge to have a QB that is a run threat, but it appeared he held back from running a couple times. He ran well early, but it seemed like he has a strict amount of times he is allowed to run. The first drive was impressive. I was thinking it was going to be a long night seeing that. 

One BIG positive impact player for Green Bay was Quay Walker. He was the one who kept Fields from scoring on the controversial drive. That was a solid open field tackle against a QB with that size and speed. 

21 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I thought that too. He played restrained. I know it is a challenge to have a QB that is a run threat, but it appeared he held back from running a couple times. He ran well early, but it seemed like he has a strict amount of times he is allowed to run. The first drive was impressive. I was thinking it was going to be a long night seeing that. 

One BIG positive impact player for Green Bay was Quay Walker. He was the one who kept Fields from scoring on the controversial drive. That was a solid open field tackle against a QB with that size and speed. 

Even Cris Collinsworth gave Quay props, that must count for something...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Early indications are they had no faith the O-Line could pass block and game planned for the running game. 

Hey, I’m all for a run-first strategy. But 11 passes? In a game you’re trailing most of the time? You need to let him make mistakes. That’s how he’ll learn.

18 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

packers.jpg

You know what the packers have that they don’t though? 

the ability to have a tailgate in your front yard across the street from Lambeau. Or at the minimum just walk to the stadium from your house

all you suckers gotta drive.  I can drink all I want and take a 20 minute walk home lol 

it must really suck to lose to the packers and then have to drive home in shame, sober lol 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

29 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

You know what the packers have that they don’t though? 

the ability to have a tailgate in your front yard across the street from Lambeau. Or at the minimum just walk to the stadium from your house

all you suckers gotta drive.  I can drink all I want and take a 20 minute walk home lol 

it must really suck to lose to the packers and then have to drive home in shame, sober lol 

Hey, I had a career in which packing and packaging played a huge role. I'm all for it. 

On 9/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, Bobref said:

Hey, I’m all for a run-first strategy. But 11 passes? In a game you’re trailing most of the time? You need to let him make mistakes. That’s how he’ll learn.

Agreed. I'm hoping they open up the offense more this weekend. If they do I can completely understand why they went vanilla against the San Fran  and GB defenses to develop the run game. This is clearly a rebuilding year from Pace's viewpoint. You have to spend the rest of the season figuring out if Fields is your guy or if you need to target a QB high in the draft. Unfortunately, based on the limited attempts he has thrown the ball, the advanced analytics are completely awful and the all 22 field view is showing he's missing open WR's. 

The worst was I believe on the flee flicker that was a big gain. Yes, it worked out well and the Bears gained 30'ish yards. But, he completely missed that the WR on the opposite side of the field raised his hand signal that he was  abondoning the curl/comeback route because he was behind the DB and was going to run a deep route. I believe it was St. Brown who did that and was behind the secondary for a TD. I heard it discussed yesterday on the radio. 

Can we all agree now more Packers vs. Bears in prime time? I'm sure Packers fan enjoy the beatdowns on National TV. No mas for me. Not enjoyable to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed. I'm hoping they open up the offense more this weekend. If they do I can completely understand why they went vanilla against the San Fran  and GB defenses to develop the run game. This is clearly a rebuilding year from Pace's viewpoint. You have to spend the rest of the season figuring out if Fields is your guy or if you need to target a QB high in the draft. Unfortunately, based on the limited attempts he has thrown the ball, the advanced analytics are completely awful and the all 22 field view is showing he's missing open WR's. 

The worst was I believe on the flee flicker that was a big gain. Yes, it worked out well and the Bears gained 30'ish yards. But, he completely missed that the WR on the opposite side of the field raised his hand signal that he was  abondoning the curl/comeback route because he was behind the DB and was going to run a deep route. I believe it was St. Brown who did that and was behind the secondary for a TD. I heard it discussed yesterday on the radio. 

Can we all agree now more Packers vs. Bears in prime time? I'm sure Packers fan enjoy the beatdowns on National TV. No mas for me. Not enjoyable to watch.

Poles. 

I am too old for this shit lol

What a dominant first half for Green Bay. Credit to Todd Bowles and the Tampa defense for adjusting in the 2nd half. HUGE mistakes with Jones fumbling into the end zone when they could have put it out of reach early, and then the running into the kicker....thought the guy was thrown into him. But Tampa D adjusted, the Packers O did not. I think that seems to be a consistent theme against teams with a good defense. LaFleur finds something that works and can maximize on it in the first half, but has nothing in the bag for the 2nd half. 
There were more check down plays with guys open. That is a first to see this season.

And that Tampa punter.....holy cow. He kept them in the game as much as the defense did. 

15 hours ago, Irishman said:

I am too old for this shit lol

What a dominant first half for Green Bay. Credit to Todd Bowles and the Tampa defense for adjusting in the 2nd half. HUGE mistakes with Jones fumbling into the end zone when they could have put it out of reach early, and then the running into the kicker....thought the guy was thrown into him. But Tampa D adjusted, the Packers O did not. I think that seems to be a consistent theme against teams with a good defense. LaFleur finds something that works and can maximize on it in the first half, but has nothing in the bag for the 2nd half. 
There were more check down plays with guys open. That is a first to see this season.

And that Tampa punter.....holy cow. He kept them in the game as much as the defense did. 

Shout out to Joe Barry and the defense.  

• Like 1

The run game is still solid. The passing game is still out of sync. It is too late into this season for the QB and receivers to not be on the same page. The deep pass game is still non existent; not sure why they try so often to go deep any more. Props to the best in the business in Bellichick. Outstanding game plan on both sides of the ball. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Irishman said:

The run game is still solid. The passing game is still out of sync. It is too late into this season for the QB and receivers to not be on the same page. The deep pass game is still non existent; not sure why they try so often to go deep any more. Props to the best in the business in Bellichick. Outstanding game plan on both sides of the ball. 

Watched that game in the Minneapolis Airport with a lot of Viking fans.  They (rightfully) ribbed Rodgers for throwing passes with :49 seconds remaining in the second half.  But I had to remind them they lost to a lesser team than a well-coached New England one on a double-doink.