Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2022

2 minutes ago, psaboy said:

agreed, but something went wrong there. 🙃

It did, Carroll scored 7. But hey, at the end of the day Carroll did what they had to do to win and Snider did not. Congrats to them. 

27 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, ya think? Overall I thought they did pretty well tonight. But that missed holding that led to Carroll's second touchdown? Wow. That Carroll linemen looked like he was sumo wrestling in keeping that Snider defender from the sack.

Film tells the tale..I'll give u that..

5 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Woulda lost my 4th rb bet..kept waiting for a speedster to appear..Panthers did a better job of keeping their emotions in check 2nite..they will be fine if they can bottle that lightning..I'll chip in on sum meditation classes..

Snider is good. There's no debating that. The problem is that there is four other good teams in the SAC. Lot's of competition left. 

• Like 1

I was thinking that Snider seems more disciplined this year. Not seeing the 8-10 flags per game that we seemed to see most games a few years ago. That is a positive IMO. Don't want to take next few weeks for granted, but looking forward to see how they progress and work on things the next two weeks. 

8 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I was thinking that Snider seems more disciplined this year. Not seeing the 8-10 flags per game that we seemed to see most games a few years ago. That is a positive IMO. Don't want to take next few weeks for granted, but looking forward to see how they progress and work on things the next two weeks. 

They'll be fine. They went into a tough environment last night. The outcome came down to one or two plays that could have affected the score differently. They have the tools for another SAC title (with a bit of help) and a deep run in 5a. 

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

They'll be fine. They went into a tough environment last night. The outcome came down to one or two plays that could have affected the score differently. They have the tools for another SAC title (with a bit of help) and a deep run in 5a. 

Yep, agreed. 

4 hours ago, jakone said:

Only 4 out of 20 posters picked Luers over Wayne and it wasn't even close.

NOT this guy!   No disrespect to the Generals and Coach Haydock.  But the Knight's Week One performance ran into a juggernaut and they didn't have 6A numbers to compete with the Chargers for 48 minutes.  

As for the Generals....  DO NOT count them out when the 4A Sectional starts!  They are formidable and WILL be a force! 

Wanted to know what others think of the QB play so far. It is not often you have a QB that is a varsity starter for 3 years and those are years that you really have to take advantage of a 3 year starter. I think playing 2 really good teams so far has hindered his numbers and the line pass protection has not been good, but I was thinking we would see more out of that position so far. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Wanted to know what others think of the QB play so far. It is not often you have a QB that is a varsity starter for 3 years and those are years that you really have to take advantage of a 3 year starter. I think playing 2 really good teams so far has hindered his numbers and the line pass protection has not been good, but I was thinking we would see more out of that position so far. Any thoughts?

I too thought the passing attack would be a bigger part of the equation this year. But I also wasn't expecting the running game to be so good with three capable backs. Give this offense some time. By playoff time it'll be a well oiled machine. 

I think he's looked pretty sharp so far. Although most are for short yardage gains, he's hitting his receivers when called upon to do. He's gone up against two very talented defenses and has just one interception I believe? Maybe this Friday against Concordia they'll open it up a bit more and fine tune their deep game. 

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I was expecting more from Haupert. The Carroll soph QB liked more polished than Haupert, but then again Carroll plays a more wide open O, seem they do the pass to set up the run, whereas Snider does the run to step up the pass. I still think he is a good QB and think things will work their way out as season progresses. 

Is there anywhere to find SAC season stats?

As a 3 year starter he may have the tools to remain calm when the time comes..he has enough speed to scramble when needed n just needs to trust his legs..agree how the run sets up the pass..he can hit open targets..the route tree is what it is yet its easier when u have a) a d1 recruit at wide out (✔) ..b) a hr hitter at rb that makes them stack the box (✔) ..c) two big TE targets (✔)..his decision making on not forcing the ball n allowing other targets to flourish when the opportunity arises will be key..yet also when u have the talent u have to let them shine..getting #3 involved last game seemed like oc deciding for him (good call) when they needed to move..with everyone healthy the coaches will have to let him decide on where mismatches are..

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Wasn't able to follow last nights game, looks like Snider was able do what they wanted to do., Anyone have any observations they can share? 

Mercy rule in place toward the beginning of the second period. Apparently they were able to throw and run at will. No points in the second half. Kudos for calling off the dogs. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Mercy rule doesn't begin until the second half? I wasn't sure about that when I posted. Thought maybe I was writing in error. 

The rule, as written, was always only applicable after halftime. However, an exception was made for a couple of years due to the effect of the pandemic on roster sizes, etc. No more exceptions now. Second half only.

21 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The rule, as written, was always only applicable after halftime. However, an exception was made for a couple of years due to the effect of the pandemic on roster sizes, etc. No more exceptions now. Second half only.

Thanks.