Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2022

14 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Gentlemen.  I will say this. 

In my years of officiating.  I have NEVER had a suspension due to "on-field" incidents EVER reversed by the IHSAA.  

If someone knows of this ever happening, please let me know.  And I am NOT talking about any incidents that a COURT system issued an injunction for...i.e. Griffith basketball.  (Not involved with that at all)

If you are of the belief that the student-athlete will be on the field this Friday...I think you may be sadly mistaken.  

I was the recipient of such reversal.

My senior year, against Northridge, late in the game on a kickoff return I was ejected from a game for "throwing a punch". However... I did not throw a punch. I am not sure what the official saw, but I was literally in the huddle following the kickoff return and he came up to me and told me I had to leave the game because I had been ejected for throwing a punch. I was completely dumbfounded (as was basically everyone else).

That next week, my athletic director took film of the game and play in question, a letter from Northridge's coach, and a letter from the Northridge player who I supposedly hit and drove them down to Indianapolis to the IHSAA commissioner.

On Friday morning - the IHSAA called the Warsaw AD and informed him that the decision had been reversed and that I was cleared to play that night in my senior homecoming game.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

My senior year, against Northridge, late in the game on a kickoff return I was ejected from a game for "throwing a punch". However... I did not throw a punch. I am not sure what the official saw, but I was literally in the huddle following the kickoff return and he came up to me and told me I had to leave the game because I had been ejected for throwing a punch. I was completely dumbfounded (as was basically everyone else).

Had a similar incident in a sectional game about nine years ago. A player was accused of throwing a punch when he didn't do anything of the sort. Was kicked out, film sent to the IHSAA and the suspension was rescinded. 

5 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

That next week, my athletic director took film of the game and play in question, a letter from Northridge's coach, and a letter from the Northridge player who I supposedly hit and drove them down to Indianapolis to the IHSAA commissioner.

On Friday morning - the IHSAA called the Warsaw AD and informed him that the decision had been reversed and that I was cleared to play that night in my senior homecoming game.

But, but, but, Bobref has NEVER seen a suspension overturned. Blasphemy I say!!!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

But, but, but, Bobref has NEVER seen a suspension overturned. Blasphemy I say!!!!

@BobrefDID NOT say that at all. Try again with your facts straight. Completely different scenarios and situations.

18 hours ago, Bobref said:

Yeah, there’s no way. Both fouls were totally justified, and disqualification is mandatory following 2 unsportsmanlike fouls. There is no appeal from that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

@BobrefDID NOT say that at all. Try again with your facts straight. Completely different scenarios and situations.

Actually, I am familiar with 2 such scenarios. In the first, there was a fight and the officials ejected the wrong player. The crew chief saw the Hudl video the next day, contacted the IHSAA, and advised them of the error, and the suspension was rescinded. In the other, the crew disqualified a coach because of a misinterpretation of the rule regarding contact with an official in the restricted area. The mistake was brought to the IHSAA’s attention, and the coach was not suspended for the next game.

Having said that I agree with the point that @Yuccaguywas attempting to make: the IHSAA will never rescind a suspension based on a disqualification by reviewing the play and deciding that the official’s judgment call that ejection was warranted was incorrect. Asst. Commissioner Faulkens has made it very clear that he’s not second-guessing the on the field judgments by the officials. Misapplication of a rule, or writing down the wrong player number during a fight is a far different matter.

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Stating their opinions over in the "Officials" thread apparently wasn't enough, Bob and Gonzo had to hijack this thread. Get used to it, it's what they do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

Stating their opinions over in the "Officials" thread apparently wasn't enough, Bob and Gonzo had to hijack this thread. Get used to it, it's what they do. 

Then take it back by making a post that you consider on the correct track … instead of whining about it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BTF said:

Stating their opinions over in the "Officials" thread apparently wasn't enough, Bob and Gonzo had to hijack this thread.

It was already being talked about long before I got here way back on page 1. Don't want others to participate, I'd suggest starting your own private club.

Edited by gonzoron

Boooo..I sent the commish enough💵 to let our guy play..he owes me!! I kid.. it will be the chargers first home game of the season n they will be honoring their fallen friend..it will be raucous...offense wins games..Defense wins championships..yet having a 3yr starter at qb n a few weapons can't hurt

Edited by Justasportsfan

A bit disappointed in game Snider played/called tonight. Carroll looks to have a very good Sophomore QB, he looked way better than Haupert. Maybe that is due to how Carroll plays game though, pass first, run second.

I think Snider got out coached tonight, the hurry up O to start game, Snider had no answer. IMO, need to get a little more creative on O calling, especially in passing game. Way many swing passes, throw ball down middle a few more times. 

The good thing is they wont play Carroll in post season, Carroll looks to have good team. Maybe a FWA team can make it past an Indy team this year. 

The facemask penalty in the first period allowing Carroll to continue their 95 yard touchdown drive to start the game was crucial. That being said, kudos to the Chargers and getting it done for their fallen teammate. When it's all said and done with, I think Carroll could be very tough to beat until they get to semi-state. Then they get the luxury of facing off with Indy. I won't hold my breath on that one.  And if Snider can hold of Dwenger and North Side, then they can be competitive with Merrillville. Two good football teams went at it tonight and someone had to lose. And by the way...........that truck with the #36 on it? He's just a sophomore :).

17 minutes ago, psaboy said:

A bit disappointed in game Snider played/called tonight. Carroll looks to have a very good Sophomore QB, he looked way better than Haupert. Maybe that is due to how Carroll plays game though, pass first, run second.

I think Snider got out coached tonight, the hurry up O to start game, Snider had no answer. IMO, need to get a little more creative on O calling, especially in passing game. Way many swing passes, throw ball down middle a few more times. 

The good thing is they wont play Carroll in post season, Carroll looks to have good team. Maybe a FWA team can make it past an Indy team this year. 

Whoa whoa whoa my friend...ez goes it..Snider has always been run 1st..losing rb1 changes the entire trajectory ala 2004..good yet need a lil more firepower..

I'll agree the 1st 3 yr starter in school should be a sharpshooter n I think he may be..the plays called for him are what they are...the game plan is predicated on establishing the run..getting their guys to put more in the box..several plays woulda been house calls if he was in..maybe gives them on chip on their shoulder..they're gonna need it..

Dinan led a masterful game..they played with a ton of heart..not sure they have indy talent just yet..their dbs can b the size of carrolls D line with a 4.5 or 4.6 to boot...

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

And by the way...........that truck with the #36 on it? He's just a sophomore :).

he owed him for that bomb he laid on his teammate..refs aren't perfect n some say they usually go in sni highs favor 😏..Panthers had their chances..fumble recovery..muffed punt..n a blocked fg..weird to say (think/type) I think tippman doesn't mind losing this to Dinan..heck they earned 

2 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Whoa whoa whoa my friend...ez goes it..Snider has always been run 1st..losing rb1 changes the entire trajectory ala 2004..good yet need a lil more firepower..

I'll agree the 1st 3 yr starter in school should be a sharpshooter n I think he may be..the plays called for him are what they are...the game plan is predicated on establishing the run..getting their guys to put more in the box..several plays woulda been house calls if he was in..maybe gives them on chip on their shoulder..they're gonna need it..

Dinan led a masterful game..they played with a ton of heart..not sure they have indy talent just yet..their dbs can b the size of carrolls D line with a 4.5 or 4.6 to boot...

Ya, I know Snider is run first, so that likely limits development of any of their QB's to be a throwing QB. As I'm hoping they can take this game and learn from it use when it really counts in post season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psaboy said:

Ya, I know Snider is run first, so that likely limits development of any of their QB's to be a throwing QB. As I'm hoping they can take this game and learn from it use when it really counts in post season. 

The play action can only work with an idea of actually gaining 3 to 5 yds every run..2015 looked more open imho due to them having a solid run game..the pistol n 3 wide scheme.. although they were adjusting at the line..also had elite talent for that level..eastern michigan recruit at wr did what he could within the offense tonight...I agree..this game may help them during tourney time..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

refs aren't perfect

Lol, ya think? Overall I thought they did pretty well tonight. But that missed holding that led to Carroll's second touchdown? Wow. That Carroll linemen looked like he was sumo wrestling in keeping that Snider defender from the sack.

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

The facemask penalty in the first period allowing Carroll to continue their 95 yard touchdown drive to start the game was crucial. That being said, kudos to the Chargers and getting it done for their fallen teammate. When it's all said and done with, I think Carroll could be very tough to beat until they get to semi-state. Then they get the luxury of facing off with Indy. I won't hold my breath on that one.  And if Snider can hold of Dwenger and North Side, then they can be competitive with Merrillville. Two good football teams went at it tonight and someone had to lose. And by the way...........that truck with the #36 on it? He's just a sophomore :).

Yep, you are as good as the teams you play and Carroll is a top 15/20 team in state from what i saw tonight. I think Snider got smashed in the mouth on the first drive. Carroll plays a different O game then Snider does.

I was not a fan of the play calling on the last good possession with 3 minutes left. Lack of execution on first play pretty much put final nail in the coffin. 

That kicker from Carroll looks really good, Snider special teams also look good, that can be difference in post =season and/or tight games. 

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, ya think? Overall I thought they did pretty well tonight. But that missed holding that led to Carroll's second touchdown? Wow. That Carroll linemen looked like he was sumo wrestling in keeping that Snider defender from the sack.

10-4 on thought. Ref head had to be looking elsewhere on that one.