Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Snider 2022

There is no doubt in my mind that it was not the post-TD “celebration,” but the fact that he spiked the ball, that got him the flag. The rules specifically provide that it is unsportsmanlike conduct to “spike the ball into the ground” after it becomes dead. It’s automatic. Your quarrel is with the rules makers, not the officials.

21 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Point taken..that rule has been around long enough n unless its ur first td in peewee its not cute..what are ur thoughts on the legends flag for their "sky high" post td celebration?

Haven’t seen it.

18 hours ago, Bobref said:

So, the same kid was penalized twice for unsportsmanlike conduct? I assume he was disqualified after the second one, and consequently will be riding the pines next Friday.

I was not aware of the "next game" penalty. That does hurt on depth. Veazy seems to be a capable fill in, guess we will find out who the third man up as well, during a rotation. 

Edited by psaboy

7 hours ago, psaboy said:

I was not aware of the "next game" penalty. That does hurt on depth. Veazy seems to be a capable fill in, guess we will find out who the third man up as well, during a rotation. 

Technically veazy is 3rd man up..starter is the hr hitter (plays baseball) yet being able to wear them down n bring in fresh legs to grind the clock may not happen..that playbook may be a little more "open" just for week 2

4 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Technically veazy is 3rd man up..starter is the hr hitter (plays baseball) yet being able to wear them down n bring in fresh legs to grind the clock may not happen..that playbook may be a little more "open" just for week 2

OK, so who is #2 behind Leavell and in front of Veazy?

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

OK, so who is #2 behind Leavell and in front of Veazy?

Buchanan i believe..he is a jr n was splitting snaps until td/1st down was thrown out..I hear some backfields can go 5 deep nowadays..if I were a gambling man (I am) id bet we will see a #4 rb for week 2..

22 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Buchanan i believe..he is a jr n was splitting snaps until td/1st down was thrown out..I hear some backfields can go 5 deep nowadays..if I were a gambling man (I am) id bet we will see a #4 rb for week 2..

Ha, betting man, I like that 😀

Have to say, I was not at all impressed with Snider against North Side. Yes, North Side is better than they have been for awhile, but a really good team beats the Legends handily. We will see what the Panthers are made of this week vs. Carroll as I think they are the SAC favorites this year

20 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Have to say, I was not at all impressed with Snider against North Side. Yes, North Side is better than they have been for awhile, but a really good team beats the Legends handily. We will see what the Panthers are made of this week vs. Carroll as I think they are the SAC favorites this year

Without their starting tailback it will be a different ball game..when he went out the play calling changed..yes good teams win..gr8 teams dominate..the defense has to play lights out for them to stand a chance imo..

IMO Snider (D Mainly) looked a bit better this year than they did against the Legends last year. Not sure what that means, North had a lot of their team back from last year. Maybe Snider was caught off guard last year and they didn't let that happen last week. Carroll this Friday will be a good gauge on this years team. Snider looks small on the line for sure, hope that is not an issue as year goes on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Without their starting tailback it will be a different ball game..when he went out the play calling changed..yes good teams win..gr8 teams dominate..the defense has to play lights out for them to stand a chance imo..

I'm Hearing Snider appealed the suspension and will likely get it reversed.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jakone said:

I'm Hearing Snider appealed the suspension and will likely get it reversed.

I hope that is the case. I don't feel that he did anything to warrant sitting out an entire game. 

8 minutes ago, jakone said:

So if I jaywalk to save a baby in a burning car I should still get a ticket for jaywalking?

If there is a burning car on the field during a high school football game, Fort Wayne has a lot more problems than we thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

If there is a burning car on the field during a high school football game, Fort Wayne has a lot more problems than we thought.

Who is "we" and what kind of problems do you think Fort Wayne has?

• Haha 1

Gentlemen.  I will say this. 

In my years of officiating.  I have NEVER had a suspension due to "on-field" incidents EVER reversed by the IHSAA.  

If someone knows of this ever happening, please let me know.  And I am NOT talking about any incidents that a COURT system issued an injunction for...i.e. Griffith basketball.  (Not involved with that at all)

If you are of the belief that the student-athlete will be on the field this Friday...I think you may be sadly mistaken.  

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

If you are of the belief that the student-athlete will be on the field this Friday...I think you may be sadly mistaken

Yeah, there’s no way. Both fouls were totally justified, and disqualification is mandatory following 2 unsportsmanlike fouls. There is no appeal from that.

• Like 1