Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #10 - IHSAA State Tournament

Some additional fun as the 2022 IHSAA State Tournament begins.

Let's pick a winner each week until the HNAC is eliminated from the state tournament.

Friday, October 21 Games

Lakeland at Knox

Whiting at LaVille

Winamac at Central Catholic

North Newton at Culver

Triton at Pioneer

North Judson at South Newton

West Central at Caston

What say you this week?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Let's pick a winner each week until the HNAC is eliminated from the state tournament. Yeah l

Friday, October 21 Games

Lakeland at Knox

Whiting at LaVille

North Newton at Culver

Triton at Pioneer

West Central at Caston

What say you this week?

from_the_sidelines007

According to John Harrell website, Laville has best odds to make it to state for all 2A 

8 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Let's pick a winner each week until the HNAC is eliminated from the state tournament.

Friday, October 21 Games

Lakeland at Knox

Whiting at LaVille

North Newton at Culver

Triton at Pioneer

West Central at Caston

What say you this week?

from_the_sidelines007

All the HNAC teams win except Pioneer and Winamac

Edited by AubbeenaubbeeCav

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

You’re going to upset Andy and the Stat boy! I gotta go 

Winamac lost 4 4 year starters, 4 3 year starters and 3 3 year varsity guys.  That's pretty tough to replace and the Winamac faithful knew it was going to be a down season. Pioneer was eventually going to have a down year but when I saw them week 2, I didn't think they'd be 2-7.

9 hours ago, AubbeenaubbeeCav said:

Caston beating West Central may be a stretch, but wouldn’t be surprised if the last place team in the HNAC (Caston) beats the 1st place team in the MWC (West Central). The quality of play between the two conferences is isignificant

I agree with you @AubbeenaubbeeCav.  If the Caston kids can get their heads up this week and play with some intensity, I wouldn't put it past them to upset the Trojans.

15 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

You’re going to upset Andy and the Stat boy! I gotta go 

I'm too busy with kids, work, and school these days, plus I don't even live in the area anymore. I haven't been to a game in 4 years, although I do watch here and there online.

All good things come to an end eventually and Pioneer had one heck of a run. Hopefully it's a mere bump in the road and Pioneer will be back before too long.

3 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Must have some tricks up sleeve for Triton!?

The first meeting was a dogfight for three quarters. Pioneer just has lapses of play where they throw a pick/fumble/ get a punt blocked for score/ start missing tackles etc.  Personally I dont think they are that far off being very competitive.  Final Scores dont reflect it as Their youth has been exposed a bit but best thing about all those freshmen starters is they become sophomores. 

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

The first meeting was a dogfight for three quarters. Pioneer just has lapses of play where they throw a pick/fumble/ get a punt blocked for score/ start missing tackles etc.  Personally I dont think they are that far off being very competitive.  Final Scores dont reflect it as Their youth has been exposed a bit but best thing about all those freshmen starters is they become sophomores. 

When I saw them week 2. I thought they'd be 5-4 or so, I heard the injury bug hit them. Small senior and junior class that seems not to work as hard as previous classes have at Pioneer so I've heard and that's the right mentality to have. It sucks they are killing killed as freshman but once they are juniors and seniors.  They'll be doing the killing. That's what I always told some of the '22 kids from winamac. You'll take your lumps now but eventually you'll be the one giving instead of taking.

Edited by WalterSobchak

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

Judson beat us 55-8 last Friday and we had more positive takeaways than probably any game this season. Pioneer was inside Judson's 10 twice and came away with 0 points, dumb mistakes kept them out. Promising thing about the longer drive was that on the Oline there were all freshmen and 1 senior from tackle to tackle. Defense played okay for a half, but they were finally playing with some emotion and passion. 

Triton is a very good team, I just think if our kids can play a whole game for the first time this season we can pull out the upset. Score was 7-0 Triton going into half. Going into the 4th quarter, I believe the score was 14-6, a couple injuries and youth showed themselves and Triton ran away in the 4th. It should be a great game and a fun atmosphere going into Friday night.

1 minute ago, FarmerFran said:

Judson beat us 55-8 last Friday and we had more positive takeaways than probably any game this season. Pioneer was inside Judson's 10 twice and came away with 0 points, dumb mistakes kept them out. Promising thing about the longer drive was that on the Oline there were all freshmen and 1 senior from tackle to tackle. Defense played okay for a half, but they were finally playing with some emotion and passion. 

Triton is a very good team, I just think if our kids can play a whole game for the first time this season we can pull out the upset. Score was 7-0 Triton going into half. Going into the 4th quarter, I believe the score was 14-6, a couple injuries and youth showed themselves and Triton ran away in the 4th. It should be a great game and a fun atmosphere going into Friday night.

Right? I had more positives against LaVille and North Judson as a winamac fan then almost every game they've played this season and that's including the Culver/WC losses and the two wins.  

When you can move the ball and drive against good teams, it should give you the confidence to be able to do it to others but with youth.. they'll play better against good teams and worse against the lesser teams.